Famous Quotes About Daze
Browse 93 famous quotes and sayings about Daze.
Top Quotes About Daze
1. "Like the children in fairy stories who have seen their parents make pacts with terrifying strangers, who have discovered that our fears are based on nothing but the truth, but who come back fresh from marvellous escapes and take up their knives and forks, with humility and good manners, prepared to live happily ever after -- like them, dazed and powerful with secrets, I never said a word"
Author: Alice Munro
2. "Loki," I said."Hey, Princess." He smiled dazedly as he looked up at me. "What's wrong?""Nothing." I smiled and shook my head. "Not anymore.""What's this?" He took my hair and held it out so i could see. A curl near the front had gone completely silver. "I take a nap, and you go gray?""You didn't take a nap." I laughed. "Don't you remember what happened?"He furrowed his brow, trying to remember, and understanding flashed in his eyes. "I remember..." Loki touched my face. "I remember that I love you." I bent down, kissing him full on the mouth, and he held me to him."
Author: Amanda Hocking
3. "To be in love was to be dazed twenty times a morning: by the latticework of frost on his windshield; by a feather loosed from his pillow; by a soft, pink rim of light over the hills."
Author: Anthony Doerr
4. "Hey I'd like to daze away to aPlace like no one has knownIn a state of mind I could call mineThat only I could ownWhere I could hum a tune anytimeI choose, and then there is no such thing as timeWhere I can feel no pain just calm and saneWhat a place for one to find"
Author: Blind Melon
5. "Yelling a battle cry—more to motivate himself than frighten his foes—Lukel grabbed the table leg and swung it at a soldier. The wood bounced off the man's helmet, but the blow was powerful enough to daze him, so Lukel followed it with a solid blow to the face. The soldier dropped and Lukel grabbed his weapon.Now he had a sword. He only wished he knew how to use it."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
6. "... Because the writer resented that she had turned to me I became the handsome and dazed narrator, incapable of love or kindness. That's how I became the damaged party boy who wandered through the wreckage, blood streaming from his nose, asking questions that never required answers. That's how I became the boy who never understood how anything worked. That's how I became the boy who wouldn't save a friend. That's how I became the boy who couldn't love the girl."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
7. "I'm the warlock who's here to cure you. Didn't they tell you I was coming?""I know who you are, but..." Maia looked dazed. "You look so...so...shiny."
Author: Cassandra Clare
8. "Ten salespeople, all young, all dressed in generic cotton casual, looked up from their conversations, spotted the money in her hand, and simultaneously stopped breathing-their brains shutting down bodily functions and rerouting the needed energy to calculate the projected commissions contained in Jody's cash. One by one they resumed breathing and marched toward her, a look of dazed hunger in their eyes: a pack of zombies from the perky, youthful version of The Night of the Living Dead. "I wear a size four and I've got a date in fifteen minutes," Jody said. "Dress me." They descended on her like an evil khaki wave."
Author: Christopher Moore
9. "So I'm in love. That crazy, forget to eat, float around in a daze, talk on the phone all night and bounce out of bed every morning hoping to see him kind of love."
Author: Cynthia Hand
10. "He shoved his hips against her, reminding her of what they had just done, and said, "I had never bedded a woman before you. I made that plain. Did you think I let you seduce me lightly? No, I did not. You made a deal with me the moment you gave me entry into your body.""I made no such deal!" Her eyes were angry—and frightened—but he would not let her make him back down."Precious Isabel," he whispered. "You made a deal with your heart, your soul, and your body, and you sealed it with the wash of your climax on my c*ck."She blinked, looking dazed. He'd never used such words before, especially not with her, but their bluntness was necessary."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
11. "But each time I seemed to be climbing into a roller coaster and finding myself coming through the downhill run with that sort of dazed feeling that we all know."
Author: Enzo Ferrari
12. "You raise one eyebrow and regardme with another intense stare. "Start by stripping pleaseJenna."I hear what you say and yet on some level I can't quite process it."Strip?" I ask, as though I don't understand your demand."Yes, strip. Take off all of your clothes. I want to see you naked. Now please."I feel dazed, yet I let my jacket fall to the floor, and start work on my shirt buttons. Your eyes never leave me.I can feel them mining into me whilst I tackle the third button. Why is this so weird? You're my husband afterall. You've seen me undress and naked countless times.Yet this is different. I am not just undressing, I am stripping. It's not my decision; it's at your command. You are not just Oliver now; you're my Husband – some dominant entity now in charge. For some strange reason, I am finding it really hot! The look in your eyes is not just appreciative; it's carnal. Waves begin to rise in my pool of desire."
Author: Felicity Brandon
13. "For the rest, she grew used to the life that she was leading - used to the enormous sleepless nights, the cold, the dirt, the boredom, and the horrible communism of the Square. After a day or two she had ceased to feel even a flicker of surprise at her situation. She had come, like everyone about her, to accept this monstrous existence almost as though it were normal. The dazed, witless feeling that she had known on the way to the hopfields had come back upon her more strongly than before. It is the common effect of sleeplessness and still more of exposure. To live continuously in the open air, never going under a roof for more than an hour or two, blurs your perceptions like a strong light glaring in your eyes or a noise drumming in your ears. You act and plan and suffer, and yet all the while it is as though everything were a little out of focus, a little unreal. The world, inner and outer, grows dimmer till it reaches almost the vagueness of a dream."
Author: George Orwell
14. "I've been sitting on the edge of the bed for an hour in a complete daze. I told him if I die toight I'll die happy, it's all here, everything's here."
Author: Helene Hanff
15. "Rayna beamed as she hugged everyone good-bye and accepted their wishes for a long and happy relationship. Sage looked dazed."How did it go?" I asked."I think your mother just arranged peace in the Middle East while brokering a marriage deal for Rayna and me.""I'm not surprised. How many kids are you having?""Four. But we can't start until she's twenty-six, three years after the wedding. Oh, and we're honeymooning at the minister's beach house in Tel Aviv.""That's nice. I'll have to pop in for a visit."Sage just shook his head, still shell-shocked."Piri forgive you yet?" Ben grinned."I don't think so. She put an inch of garlic on everything she served me.""Don't take it personally. There's lots of garlic in Hungarian food," I assured him."Including my chocolate torte," Sage added. "Okay, you can take that personally," I admitted."
Author: Hilary Duff
16. "...too weary and dazed by unfinished sleep even to swear. There comes a degree of numbness in fatigue and exasperation which can be expressed only by a sullen silence."
Author: Humphrey Cobb
17. "But then I didn't run from my challenges. I met them straight on and bashed my head against them, until it left me hurt, bloody, and dazed."
Author: Ilona Andrews
18. "It was then that Hook bit him.Not the pain of this but its unfairness was what dazed Peter. It made him quite helpless. He could only stare, horrified. Every child is affected thus the first time he is treated unfairly. All he thinks he has a right to when he comes to you to be yours is fairness. After you have been unfair to him he will love you again, but he will never afterwards be quite the same boy. No one ever gets over the first unfairness; no one except Peter."
Author: J.M. Barrie
19. "The afternoon and the early evening slide by in a lidded daze where the ability to think in any identifiable way disappears and where every moment seems to be an eternity."
Author: James Frey
20. "Very soon she'll join all the others who know the secret and will not tell it. Or cannot. Or try and fail because they do not know enough. They can be recognized. White faces, dazed eyes, aimless gestures, high-pitched laughter. The way they walk and talk and scream or try to kill (themselves or you) if you laugh back at them. Yes, they've got to be watched. For the time comes when they try to kill, then disappear. But others are waiting to take their places, it's a long, long line. She's one of them. I too can wait—for the day when she is only a memory to be avoided, locked away, and like all memories a legend. Or a lie ..."
Author: Jean Rhys
21. "My dear Reaper," Vlad said, still laughing. 'Did you just check out our-''No!' I interrupted at once, almost lunging toward the staircase. 'I'm tired and still dazed from the Remanats and ... fuck it, I'm taking a shower. I mean, not a cold shower, because I don't need that.' -oh Jesus I was only making this worse- 'because I am cold already, and I need to get hot. I mean, warmer. Oh just shut up!' " -Pg 280"
Author: Jeaniene Frost
22. "He takes a few dazed steps, the waiters turn out the lights and he slips into unconsciousness: when this man is lonely he sleeps."
Author: Jean Paul Sartre
23. "My father looked right at me, but he didn't answer. And his eyes were dazed and staring through me, like I was made out of smoke.That was the first time I thought that maybe I was."
Author: Jodi Picoult
24. "No one is willing to believe that adults too, like children, wander about this earth in a daze and, like children, do not know where they come from or where they are going, act as rarely as they do according to genuine motives, and are as thoroughly governed as they are by biscuits and cake and the rod."
Author: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
25. "Annabel stared at the door, then turned to Sebastian, feeling quite dazed. "I think my grandmother may have just given me permission to ruin myself.""I'll do all the ruining tonight," he said with a grin. "If you don't mind."
Author: Julia Quinn
26. "You've already danced with him," Louisa said.Annabel nodded. "I know.""People will talk."Annabel turned and blinked, trying to set her cousin's face into focus. "People are already talking," she said.Louisa opened her mouth as if she planned to say more, but then she just smiled. "Annabel Winslow," she said softly, "I do believe you are falling in love."That snapped Annabel right out of her daze. "I'm not.""Oh, you are.""I hardly know him.""Apparently you know enough."
Author: Julia Quinn
27. "Kenzie took two staggering steps backward, staring at the feeline as if in a daze. "O-kay," she breathed, shaking her head slightly. "A cat. A cat that talks. I'm going crazy." she glanced at me. " Or you slipped something into my drink at the tournament. One or the other."
Author: Julie Kagawa
28. "My sudden, unforeseen capitulation had knocked me backward, and I had nothing to hold on to. My internal weather was eerily calm, as if in a tornado's aftermath, birdsong, sunshine, supersaturated colors, wreckage all around, and myself, dazed and limping."
Author: Kate Christensen
29. "Sweetheart, look at me" Hank whispered.I looked at him, he moved inside me and it felt delicious."Ït starts now" he told me.I moved with him, i wasn't really focusing on what he was saying, mainly because it was building again and i could feel it coming."What starts now?" i asked.You and me".He moved faster, pressed harder, went deeper.Good god."What?" i asked dazedly."You and me", he said again"
Author: Kristen Ashley
30. "I took to the Bodleian library as to a lover and ... would sit long hours in Bodley's arms to emerge, blinking and dazed with the small and feel of all those books."
Author: Laurie R. King
31. "Just that. A pleasant daze. My body was full of sunlight. No blood, just liquid blue sky."
Author: Leah Raeder
32. "Oh, McKenna, she thought dazedly, feeling a curious sympathy for him even as her instincts screamed at her to flee from the imminent danger. Does it still hurt that much? She glanced away, her brows drawing together as she reflected on how little it would take for him to annihilate her. Bringing herself to look up into his dark face, she spoke with great care. "How much you've accomplished, McKenna. You seem to have gotten everything you've ever wanted. More, even." Turning, she left him with measured strides, calling upon all her self-restraint to keep from running. "Not everything," McKenna said beneath his breath, his gaze tracking her carefully until she disappeared."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
33. "Damn it," Westcliff whispered savagely. Before she quite knew what was happening, he had pushed her up against a nearby wall. His fiercely accusing gaze moved from her dazed eyes to her parted lips, his silent struggle lasting another burning second, until he suddenly gave in with a curse and brought their mouths together with an impatient tug. His hands adjusted the angle of her head, and he kissed her with gentle bites and nips, as if her mouth were an exotic delicacy to savor. Her knees weakened until she could hardly stand."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
34. "Nothing but the sight of blood upon his dark face would ease the pain in her heart. She lunged for him, swift as a cat, but with a light startled movement, he sidestepped, throwing up his arm to ward her off. She was standing on the edge of the freshly waxed top step, and as her arm with the whole weight of her body behind it, struck his out-thrust arm, she lost her balance. She made a wild clutch for the newel post and missed it. She went down the stairs backwards, feeling a sickening dart of pain in her ribs as she landed. And, too dazed to catch herself she rolled over and over to the bottom of the flight."
Author: Margaret Mitchell
35. "Hundreds of words await ostracism from our functional vocabularies: waltz and fizz and squeeze and booze and frozen pizza pie, frizzy and fuzzy and dizzy and duzzy, the visualization of emphyzeema-zapped Tarzans, wheezing and sneezing, holding glazed and anodized bazookas, seized by all the bizarrities of this zany zone we call home. Dazed or zombified citizens who recognize hazardous organizations of zealots in their hazy midst, too late - too late to size down. Immobilized we iz. Minimalized. Paralyzed. Zip Zap. ZZZZZZZZZ. Crazy.Crazy.Did I say crazy?"
Author: Mark Dunn
36. "You know," said Al in a daze of hunger and cold, "when you see this, you realize that despite all the crap that goes on in the cities, despite all the words and accusations, the country has balance and momentum. The whole thing is symmetrical and beautiful; it works. The cities are like bulbs on a Christmas tree. They may bum, swell, and shatter, but the green stays green. Look at it," he said, eyes fixed on the horizon, not unmoved by the motion of the train. "Look at it. It's alive."
Author: Mark Helprin
37. "Pegi just recorded "I Don't Want to Talk About," written by Danny Whitten, the original Crazy Horse guitar player and singer who's all over Early Daze, an album of songs from the beginning of Crazy Horse that I have been working on compiling recently. Danny was every bit the artist I am, but he died of a heroin OD in the early seventies. Every time I hear Pegi sing that song, it makes me tremendously sad. She sings it so beautifully, phrasing it to break my heart. She does it justice. You can see I have some unfinished business with Danny."
Author: Neil Young
38. "I remember the day I found out my draft status. I was really floored and kind of staggered around in a daze. It just hadn't occurred to me that I could end up in Vietnam."
Author: Parker Stevenson
39. "It must be wonderful to marry the person whom we really love." Lany said dazed.Antony turned his gaze from the moon and faced the girl's face."You have ever had that feeling." He said looking into her dark eyes.She shrugged as she was embarrassed at the coherent thought of the boy."I never had that feeling, because I never loved that man."
Author: Pet TorreS
40. "I left the clinic in a daze that had nothing to do with my head injury. Clear up in a week or so? How could Dr. Olendzki speak so lightly about this? I was going to look like a mutant for Christmas and most of the ski trip. I had a black eye. A freaking black eye.And my mother had given it to me."
Author: Richelle Mead
41. "Right." Sadie looked dazed. "You've got a monkey butler. Why not?"
Author: Rick Riordan
42. "If you're ever short on cash, you could set up a booth and charge the ladies to massage your bod.""Oh yeah?" His voice was wary."Sure. Say, fifteen bucks for a two minute fondle. Strictly PG-13, above the waist, of course. I'll sell the tickets, if you give me a cut."His hands stopped moving. She babbled on, dazed and thoughtless. "The gay guys would go for it, too. We'd rake in the dough.""I'd let you do it for free," he said.His voice was devoid of irony. Her eyes popped open in alarm.She looked back over her shoulder. The hot glow in his eyes brought her feminine instincts to high alert. She pulled away.She and her big dumb mouth. Sexy banter with a guy she barely knew, but no nerve to back it up."
Author: Shannon McKenna
43. "Dazed, Nick nodded, then looked to Caleb. "I'm such an effing idiot." "We knew that," he said drily. "We definitely didn't have to throw you into a coma for that little-known nugget."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Courage was no that hard to come by for children. No matter the hardships they faced, given a little love and encouragement, their spirits rebounded and thrived. Adults were different. Their habits and experiences made them inflexible, welding their routines into place, cementing their joys and hurts to create expectations of life that were not in line with the new realities. All around her, Cass saw the dazed expressions and the blank weariness."
Author: Sophie Littlefield
45. "I would tell you about the rest of the night, but i honestly dont remember much about it. It's all a very sad daze."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
46. "Tis quite true. If I had gone for love o' you, if I had ever sincerely loved you, if I loved you still, I should not so loathe and hate myself for my weakness as I do now! ... My eyes were dazed by you for a little, and that was all."
Author: Thomas Hardy
47. "Haze all clouding up in my mind in the daze of the why it could've never been."
Author: Tori Amos
48. "Emma snapped from her daze. She sat forward and slid to ground so quickly that Hart was forced to scoot back.He fell to his backside, suddenly struck with the image of how he must look: sprawled on the floor with a cockstand, a pair of pink drawers in his fist. Utterly ridiculous. Corrupt. Depraved. Hart couldn't help but grin."
Author: Victoria Dahl
49. "To pursue truth with such astonishing lack of consideration for other people's feelings, to rend the think veils of civilisation so wantonly, so brutally, was to her so horrible an outrage of human decency that, without replying, dazed and blinded, she bend her head as if to let her pelt f jagged hail, the drench of dirty water, bespatter her unrebuked."
Author: Virginia Woolf
50. "Lifeless in appearance, sluggishdazed spring approaches-They enter the new world naked,cold, uncertain of allsave that they enter. All about themthe cold, familiar wind-Now the grass, tomorrowthe stiff curl of wildcarrot leafOne by one objects are defined-It quickens: clarity, outline of leafBut now the stark dignity ofentrance-Still, the profound changehas come upon them: rooted, theygrip down and begin to awaken"
Author: William Carlos Williams
Quotes About Daze Pictures