Famous Quotes About Deep Breaths
Browse 35 famous quotes and sayings about Deep Breaths.
Top Quotes About Deep Breaths
1. "And so taking the long way home through the market I slow my pace down. It doesn't come naturally. My legs are programmed to trot briskly and my arms to pump up and down like pistons, but I force myself to stroll past the stalls and pavement cafes. To enjoy just being somewhere, rather than rushing from somewhere, to somewhere. Inhaling deep lungfuls of air, instead of my usual shallow breaths. I take a moment to just stop and look around me. And smile to myself.For the first time in a long time, I can, quite literally, smell the coffee."
Author: Alexandra Potter
2. "Take deep breaths and hold them. Try to stay still for longer and longer periods of time. Make yourself small and like a stone. Curl the edges of yourself up and fold them under where no one can see."
Author: Alice Sebold
3. "She sat in her room on the couch my parents had given up on and worked on hardening herself. Take deep breaths and hold them. Try to stay still for longer and longer periods of time. Make yourself small and like a stone. Curl the edges of yourself up and fold them under where no one can see. ~pg 29, Susie's sister Lindsey dealing with grief."
Author: Alice Sebold
4. "Deep breaths are very helpful at shallow parties."
Author: Barbara Walters
5. "Take some very deep breaths," Miranda said. "Relax. Concentrate. Then envision a frosty six-pack and wiggle your pinky."A frosty six-pack. Kylie inhaled. He held out her pinky, and right then Della chimed in. "We are talking a six=pack of soda, not a cold guy with good-looking abs, right?"There was a strange kind of sizzle in the air. And suddenly appearing in front of the refrigerator was a shirtless, shivering guy with great abs. His blue eyes studied the three of them in complete bafflement."What the...!" he muttered.Kylie gasped.Miranda giggled.Della snorted with laughter."
Author: C.C. Hunter
6. "But I wasn't getting in my pace, staying within myself, I was getting a little rushed. So I think I finally took a couple deep breaths and let myself get my timing back."
Author: Cat Osterman
7. "We must help ourselves. That after destiny has delivered what it delivers, we are responsible for our lives. We can choose to fling our kids into the grass or we can take deep breaths and walk up and down the hall."
Author: Cheryl Strayed
8. "Deep breaths. I am taking deep breaths. Composure. Which, for me, means composing... Maybe this is my way of creating the illusion of control over something I have no control over. Like, if it's just a story I'm telling or a song I'm singing, then I'll be okay because I'm the guy who's providing the words."
Author: David Levithan
9. "May I escort you inside, Mrs. Hartt?"Livia bit her lower lip and nodded.Blake scooped her up.To be carried was such a basic thing. And yet it felt…Primal? Almost. Religious? Maybe.She focused on his deep, even breaths as he maneuvered through the doorway. Livia laughed a little at herself. She was grateful for the simple act of Blake's breathing."
Author: Debra Anastasia
10. "He wanted it to be just right; he didn't want to make the mistake of trying to tell her he loved her, and having the words come out confused or ending up saying something completely different. He changed into a fresh suit, checked his hair and took a few deep breaths to calm himself, before returning to Amelia's chambers…only to find her gone. A sigh of frustration escaped him. It was so typical. He told her there was a surprise for her, she was excited, and he was about to confess that he loved her…of course it was only natural for her to ruin it by running off. It was so typically Amelia."
Author: Elaine White
11. "The early cars already are drawing deep breaths past my door. And last night's phrases sick with lack of basis are still writhing on my floor."
Author: Fiona Apple
12. "Take deep slow breaths," it told her. "It will calm you."Calm her? Slow breaths? Instead she sucked in a breath to tell it togo to hell, but ended up sending her late-night snack spewing across thedragon's foot.Staring down, it muttered, "Oh, that's just vile."Talaith's eyes narrowed and suddenly she found her voice. "And yet, Ifeel remarkably better," she sneered."
Author: G.A. Aiken
13. "Taking a couple of deep breaths, he knew he had to choose his words carefully—in spite of the fact that his adrenal gland had opened up full-bore and was pumping enough OMG into his system that he was drowning in terror."
Author: J.R. Ward
14. "The sun goes down long and red. All the magic names of the valley unrolled - Manteca, Madera, all the rest. Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon field; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgundy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries. I stuck my head out the window and took deep breaths of the fragant air. It was the most beautiful of all moments."
Author: Jack Kerouac
15. "My life is routine. I wake up early in the morning. I brush my teeth. I sit on the floor of the cell I do not go to breakfast. I stare at a gray cement wall. I keep my legs crossed my back straight my eyes forward. I take deep breaths in and out, in and out, and I try not to move. I sit for as long as I can I sit until everything hurts I sit until everything stops hurting I sit until I lose myself in the gray wall I sit until my mind becomes as blank as the gray wall. I sit and I stare and I breathe. I sit and I stare. I breathe."
Author: James Frey
16. "Deep breaths just allow me to shout louder."
Author: James Goss
17. "Just for fun I flew in huge banking arcs, taking deep breaths, enjoying the feel of my newly weightless hair. The stylist had called it "wind tossed."If only she knew."
Author: James Patterson
18. "I shared a womb with someone... does that mean we shared a soul?Maybe half my soul is buried, deep under the ground, and I'll never get it back.I'm cold when it isn't. I hear storms that aren't there. There's space in me I can't fill.Empty. Cold. Storms. And then I smell the carpet, hear deep breaths that aren't mine.When I open my eyes, she's still gone."
Author: Julie Cross
19. "Do You think it matters if they're tiny or deep? he asked. Well, if they're not tiny breaths and they're not deep breaths, then they're just ... breaths. Then you're just breathing for the sake of ... breathing. ... Seize them. Feel them. Love them ..."
Author: K.A. Tucker
20. "She took several slow deep breaths, then, "Okay, what happened to my car?""This is your car.""I may not know much lately," she gritted, "but I do know what I drive. I drive a falling-apart Toyota. A disgustingly powdery-blue one. With lots of rust and no antenna. That is not my car.""Correction. You used to drive a falling apart Toyota, B.A."Had his lips just brushed her hair? She shivered, and though she knew better than to ask, she did it anyways. "Okay, you got me, what's 'B.A.'""Before Adam. After Adam, you drive a BMW."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
21. "We walk into the lobby of the hotel and I try not to grin at the man behind the counter. I refrain from screaming, "I'm going to have sex! With this gorgeous woman. She want to have sex. I didn't even have to ask, she just want to have sex. With me! Can you believe it?" I take deep breaths and try to downplay that this moment is the highlight of my life. Air kicks and high-fives probably wouldn't be a cool more right now."
Author: Katie Kacvinsky
22. "?What about you, Con? Shade asked, and Con took two deep, calming breaths before he answered.?What about me??You aren‘t a danger to her, right??No, Con said levelly. ?I‘m not. But even he didn‘t believe his own words.Wraith flipped a blade in the air, a very Sin-like move. ?Okay, what the fuck is all the subtext here? He blinked when everyone stared at him. ?What? Like I don‘t know what subtext is? I watch movies.?That‘s because you can‘t read, Tayla said brightly, and the demon shot her the finger."
Author: Larissa Ione
23. "Scared of flying?""Nope""Heights?""Nope"The plane shook again, and I closed my eyes, trying to take deep breaths."What is it then?""I have a fear of falling from heights."
Author: Laura Kreitzer
24. "She tried to compose herself then, with several deep breaths. I gave her as long as she needed, all the while mentally designing my tombstone. R.I.P, Captain Abraham R. Griswold. He was completely useless and made girls cry."
Author: Lia Habel
25. "Still Caine hesitated. A big, warm bed. A beautiful girl to share it with. Food. Water. Everything he needed, just a few miles away on the island. The logical, rational answer was obvious."Which is why the world stays messed up," Caine said under his breath. "People aren't rational."He took a few deep, steadying breaths, and prepared to die for power."
Author: Michael Grant
26. "Caine raised the debris off himself.The bugs were all gone. He saw the tail of one as it raced away.If he went after them, he'd probably get killed. But stay here and do what? Be safe? He'd have been safe on the island. He hadn't come back to be safe. Two possible outcomes: the bugs killed everyone and then who would Caine rule over? Or the bugs were defeated by someone else. And then how would he ever get control? Power would go to whoever won this fight.Still Caine hesitated. A big, warm bed. A beautiful girl to share it with. Food. Water. Everything he needed, just a few miles away on the island. The logical, rational answer was obvious."Which is why the world stays messed up," Caine said under his breath. "People aren't rational."He took a few deep, steadying breaths, and prepared to die for power. (p435)"
Author: Michael Grant
27. "Forget perfect on the first try. In the face of frustration, your best tool is a few deep breaths, and remembering that you can do anything once you've practed two hundred times."
Author: Miriam Peskowitz
28. "Even though I couldn't see it, I had a feeling Archer was raising an eyebrow at me. "Who are you supposed to be?" he asked in a low voice.I took deep breaths and tried to keep my face as impassive as possible. If anyone glanced over here, they had to think I was just talking to a waiter, not facing down an Eye in their midst. "Hecate," I said, plucking one of the glasses off his tray. "What are you doing here?"He shrugged, managing somehow to look elegant even in his waiter's uniform. "Who doesn't love a party? Plus, I thought there might be a chance you'd wear that blue dress again."My fingers tightened so hard on the crystal goblet that I'm surprised I didn't snap the stem. "You are a crazy person," I said, struggling to keep my voice calm. "Or an idiot. Or a crazy idiot person. Why aren't you at least glamoured or something?"
Author: Rachel Hawkins
29. "As soon as our lips met, I was glad I had my back against the door. My knees were in definite danger of failing me. Archer wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tighter as I clutched the front of his shirt and poured all that I'd been feeling for the past few weeks into the kiss-the despair I'd felt when I'd thought he was dead, the relief I felt now, pressed between him and the cellar door.When we finally parted, I rested my forehead on his collarbone and took deep breaths. It was a few moments before I was capable of speech. "I though you said we'd do this ‘later.'"He kissed my temple. "It's been like, twenty minutes. That counts as later."Chuckling, I raised my head to look at him. "I kind of missed you."Even though it was dark, I could see him smile. "I kind of missed you, too.""I should probably get upstairs now.""You probably should," he murmured, lowering his mouth to mine.By the time I finally made it up to Jenna's and my room, I was practically skipping."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
30. "Her fingers crawled upwards and touched the outer curve of her breast, and the fingers paused, quaking in fear; but after the moment, despite the panic trying to break out of its shadows and seize her mind, she told her fingers, go on. This is my body. I reclaim my body for myself: for my use, for my understanding, for my kindness and care. Go on. And the fingers walked cautiously on, over the curiously muscleless, faintly ridged flesh, cooler than the rest of the body, across the tender nipple, into the deep cleft between, and out onto the breast that lay limp and helpless and hardly recognizable as round, lying like a hunting trophy over her other arm. Mine, she thought. My body. It lives on the breaths I breathe and the food I eat; the blood my heart pumps reaches all of me, into all my hidden crevices, from my scalp to my heels."
Author: Robin McKinley
31. "One stood behind me and ran her hands down my chest, her breasts rubbing against my back. The next stood in front of me holding onto my shirt and pulling me close to her as she ground into me seductively. The third danced slowly and seductively with the second girl, giving the girl-on-girl effect. I knew I was going to burst at any moment, so I had to close my eyes and take repeated deep breaths to calm down."What's the matter Aid-man, you feeling a little frustrated?" Dixon boasted from under his lap dancer."Shut up Dixon." Though I didn't really want him to shut up, his teasing was distracting me pretty well. "I'm going to kill you for this.""Oh no little man!" He laughed loudly. "Thank your future wife! That one is on her!" he howled."
Author: Sadie Grubor
32. "Annie clouded up. For a second, he thought she was going to erupt, and flinched. She saw that...and got control of herself with an visible effort. She took three deep breaths, each longer than the last, and her features became serene.All at once it seemed totally clear to Mike that she was right and he was nuts - that his ingenius theory was nonsense, childish, fantasty bullshit. His conviction evaporated, and he was ashamed. He felt his cheeks grow hot, groped for words with which to backtrack -"I have to admit I have no better explanation for the the facts," Annie said slowly.Again, Mike did an emotional instant 180. "Holy shit -"She held up a hand. "I am going to think now. Very hard, for a long time. You will be as quiet as possible while I do." She got up from the computer, went to the bed, and lay down. "Think yourself, or read, or play games with the headphones on, or go Topside if you like." She clasped her hands on her belly, closed her eyes and appeared to go to sleep"
Author: Spider Robinson
33. "Yesterday he told me he thought I would have to pretend to be weak, but he was wrong. I am weak already. I brace myself against the wall and press my forehead to my hands. It's difficult to take deep breaths, so I take short, shallow ones. I can't let this happen. They attacked me to make me feel weak. I can pretend they succeeded to protect myself, but I can't let it become true."
Author: Veronica Roth
34. "I look out the window again, taking slow, deep breaths into a body too tense to move. And as I stare out at the land, I think that this, if nothing else, is compelling evidence for my parents' God, that our world is so massive that it is completely out of our control, that we cannot possibly be as large as we feel.So small as to be negligible.It's strange, but there's something in that thought that makes me feel almost...free."
Author: Veronica Roth
35. "I let myself feel the fear, give in to it completely, for the space of several deep, long breaths. Then, because I had no other choice, I let it go."
Author: Vicki Keire
Quotes About Deep Breaths Pictures