Famous Quotes About Determinist
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Determinist.
Top Quotes About Determinist
1. "A man may be a pessimistic determinist before lunch and an optimistic believer in the will's freedom after it."
Author: Aldous Huxley
2. "Özgür irade ile seçilen kötülük, organize güçler tarafindan kisiye dayatilan deterministik iyilikten daha mi insancadir ?"
Author: Anthony Burgess
3. "I have had my mother's wing of my genetic ancestry analyzed by the National Geographic tracing service and there it all is: the arrow moving northward from the African savannah, skirting the Mediterranean by way of the Levant, and passing through Eastern and Central Europe before crossing to the British Isles. And all of this knowable by an analysis of the cells on the inside of my mouth.I almost prefer the more rambling and indirect and journalistic investigation, which seems somehow less… deterministic."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
4. "Silar's problem is something I, as an author, am constantly faced with. I have to predict the actions of my characters as they enter different situations. But there's always that element of chaos when they lose their sanity or when the less-probable occurs, which works against whatever fate I have in store for them. Just to complicate things further, it's almost inexcusable for an author to have characters acting... um... out of character in a book unless it's warranted by some other event. Therefore, as reasonable readers and authors, we all have our own ideas of deterministic behaviour and frequently balk at actions/decisions that seem odd."
Author: H.O. Charles
5. "This is prophetic...The single most deterministic agent for predicting what comes next is predicated on what action you take now. So, make your move."
Author: LaShaun Middlebrooks Collier
6. "Whether I say to him: "War and Peace is the staging of a determinist vision of history" or "You'd do well to oil the hinges in the garbage room," he will not find that one is any more significant than the other."
Author: Muriel Barbery
7. "[On Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz]The answer is unknowable, but it may not be unreasonable to see him, at least in theological terms, as essentially a deist. He is a determinist: there are no miracles (the events so called being merely instances of infrequently occurring natural laws); Christ has no real role in the system; we live forever, and hence we carry on after our deaths, but then everything — every individual substance — carries on forever."
Author: Peter Loptson
8. "Even as rigorous a determinist as Karl Marx, who at times described the social behaviour of the bourgeoisie in terms which suggested a problem in social physics, could subject it at other times to a withering scorn which only the presupposition of moral responsibility could justify."
Author: Reinhold Niebuhr
9. "Most believers struggle to really believe in the supernatural as a meaningful, deterministic reality except during moments when they are drawn to it, perhaps during a worship service or while reading a novel like 'Adam.' Being drawn to this truth is the first step to living a life in accordance to this truth."
Author: Ted Dekker
10. "This is a throwback to the Aristotelian conception of nature, banished from the scene at the birth of modern science. But I have been persuaded that the idea of teleological laws is coherent, and quite different from the idea of explanation of the intentions of a purposive being who produces the means to his ends by choice. In spite of the exclusion of teleology from contemporary science, it certainly shouldn't be ruled out a priori. Formally, the possibility of principles of change over time tending toward certain types of outcome is coherent, in a world in which the nonteleological laws are not fully deterministic."
Author: Thomas Nagel
11. "Yet she belongs, finally and truly, only to God. The hijab is a symbol of freedom from the male regard, but also, in our time, of freedom from subjugation by the iron fist of materialism, deterministic science, and the death of meaning. It denotes softness, otherness, inwardness. She is not only caught in a world of power relations, but she inhabits a world of love and sacrifice. This freedom, which is of the conscience, is hers to exercise as she will."
Author: Timothy J. Winter
12. "The universe is deterministic all right, just like Newton said, I mean it's trying to be, but the only thing going wrong is people fancying people who aren't supposed to be in that part of the plan."
Author: Tom Stoppard
Quotes About Determinist Pictures