Famous Quotes About Difficult Family Times
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Difficult Family Times.
Top Quotes About Difficult Family Times
1. "The search for lost things is hindered by routine habits, and that is why it is so difficult to find them."
Author: Abby Slovin
2. "It becomes more and more difficult to avoid the idea of black men as subjects of not just racial profiling but of an insidious form of racial obliteration sanctioned by silence."
3. "It's so much more interesting to study a ... damaged world. I find it difficult to learn anything in a place that's too civilized."
Author: Brian Herbert
4. "We were equals afterwards, as we had been before; but, afterwards at quiet times when I sat looking at Joe and thinking about him, I had a new sensation of feeling conscious that I was looking up to Joe in my heart."
Author: Charles Dickens
5. "The monkey liked most humans. They left food cans outside their homes for his family to rummage through in the morningsun. Some yelled and threw sticks, but were slow and didn't bite. Humans were mostly harmless."
Author: Cole Alpaugh
6. "I'm not sure if I know any 'functional' families, if functional means a family without difficult times and members who don't have a full range of problems."
Author: David Sheff
7. "You have a lot of ups and downs in coaching, especially, but I can't remember any bad times at this point. I mean, they're all good. A lot of tears when you lose, a lot of down times, but I can't remember any of them. They're all positive now. Even the bad times were good."
Author: Don Nelson
8. "These times are so hard, and they're getting even harder."
9. "Aesthetic value emanates from the struggle between texts: in the reader, in language, in the classroom, in arguments within a society. Aesthetic value rises out of memory, and so (as Nietzsche saw) out of pain, the pain of surrendering easier pleasures in favour of much more difficult ones ... successful literary works are achieved anxieties, not releases from anxieties."
Author: Harold Bloom
10. "I find the treatment of royalty distinctly peculiar. The royal family lives in palaces heavily screened from prying eyes by fences, grounds, gates, guards, all designed to ensure the family absolute privacy. And every newspaper in London carried headlines announcing PRINCESS ANNE HAS OVARIAN CYST REMOVED. I mean you're a young girl reared in heavily guarded seclusion and every beer drinker in every pub knows the precise state of your ovaries."
Author: Helene Hanff
11. "Every Palestinian family feels the effects of the international embargo. But the more the pressure on the government grows, the more support we receive, both from the Palestinian street and from the Arab and Islamic world."
Author: Ismail Haniyeh
12. "Amazing, how much more difficult it was to extend his arm twelve inches and touch her hand than it was to snatch a speeding Snitch from midair ..."
Author: J.K. Rowling
13. "He had one uniform practice, and a very bad one it was, during the time of family worship, and just three or four seconds before the conclusion of the prayer, he started to his feet, and ran barking round the apartment like a crazed beast."
Author: James Hogg
14. "I have said many times I don't want to be considered one who once flew fighters. That's not who I am. I devoted the subsequent 50 years - more - to writing."
Author: James Salter
15. "I think it's been a little difficult at times for the audience, because they've told me they see me as a family member. So to see your little sister sing about sex... I think they are pretty used to it now."
Author: Janet Jackson
16. "It had not been the first time that we had said something like this to each other. It was not like guys went around saying it all the time to each other, but over the course of the years of being the best of friends; we had said it to each other. Justin had been the one to say it more often to me. It took me quite a few times before I could say it back to him. This was something much deeper and we both knew it."
Author: Jayson James
17. "May we declare ourselves to be more fully disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, not in word only and not only in the flush of comfortable times but in deed and in courage and in faith, including when the path is lonely and when our cross is difficult to bear."
Author: Jeffrey R. Holland
18. "I'd been in hairier situations than this one. Actually, it's sort of depressing, thinking how many times I'd been in them. But if experience had taught me anything, it was this: No matter how screwed up things are, they can get a whole lot worse."
Author: Jim Butcher
19. "This creature serves you?" Sanya asked."This one and about a hundred smaller ones. And five times that many part-timers I can call in once in awhile." I thought about it. "It isn't so much that they serve me as that we have a business arrangement that we all like. They help me out from time to time. I furnish them with regular pizza.""Which they...love," Sanya said.Toot spun in a dizzy, delighted circle on one heel, and fell onto his back with perfectly unself-conscious enthusiasm, his tummy sticking out as far as it could. He lay there for a moment, making happy, gurgling sounds."Well," I said. "Yes."Sanya's eyes danced, though his face was sober. "You are a drug dealer. To tiny faeries. Shame."
Author: Jim Butcher
20. "Spiritually good people, pure in heart, who long for the Blessed Sacrament but cannot receive at the time, can receive spiritually... even a hundred times a day, in sickness and in health, with immeasurable grace and profit."
Author: Johannes Tauler
21. "My family said that I wanted to act even when I was a child living on a tea plantation in the jungle in India."
Author: Julie Christie
22. "My own view of this, by the way, is, if the war on terrorism is successful over time, in its own way it's going to box Saddam in in a way that's going to make it much more difficult for him to maintain his power, and that he's going to become increasingly isolated. I think that's going to take time."
Author: Lawrence Eagleburger
23. "I probably played hurt a lot more times than I should have."
Author: Merlin Olsen
24. "I admit I must have been impossible to live with. It was the self-righteousness of the grieving--my idea that I would betray him if I carried on as before, if I went through the motions of living--that must have driven my family apart from me. I still do not understand those instincts that lead you to flee the ones who want to help you, that lead you to take revenge upon them for a sorrow that is not their fault."
Author: Michael Ignatieff
25. "It's happened many times before. Usually it results in an exceptional and gifted human. Some of the greatest figures in Earth's history were actually the product of humans and the Loric, including Buddha, Aristotle, Julius Ceasar, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein... Aprodite, Apollo, Hermes, and Zeus were all real, and had one Loric parent"
Author: Pittacus Lore
26. "(ghost of)ACHILLES: How can I force obedience on this? In other times I've used the fear of death to make a woman bow herself to me. If not the fear of her own death, then fear for someone else, a husband or a child. How can I bend this woman to my will?(ghost of)POLYXENA: I think I will not bend.IPHIGENIA: You see, it's as we've tried to tell you, Great Achilles. Women are no good to you dead."
Author: Sheri S. Tepper
27. "A writer should not run around with a mirror for his countrymen; he should tell his society and his times things no one ever thought before."
Author: Stanisław Lem
Quotes About Difficult Family Times Pictures