Famous Quotes About Dignity Tumblr
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Dignity Tumblr.
Top Quotes About Dignity Tumblr
1. "Good night.' Diana summoned all the dignity that she could manage in her bedraggled state and began to move back up the beach. Her dress was soaked and her stockings dotted with sand and her heart couldn't possibly withstand any more."
Author: Anna Godbersen
2. "Morality and freedom are as certainly the only bases of the happiness and dignity of the human race as the system of Galileo is the true theory of the celestial motions."
Author: Anne Louise Germaine De Staël
3. "America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings."
Author: Barack Obama
4. "Respecting the dignity of a spectacular food means enjoying it at its best. Europeans celebrate the short season of abundant asparagus as a form of holiday. In the Netherlands the first cutting coincides with Father's Day, on which restaurants may feature all-asparagus menus and hand out neckties decorated with asparagus spears."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
5. "Ray had so much love of life and the music. He had so much integrity. He treated the music with so much dignity and respect. I spent four and a half years as a sideman with Ray Brown's trio. Music was his life, more so than anyone I could mention."
Author: Benny Green
6. "LADIES!!!! You are not a SEXUAL OBJECT! - not a PUNCHING BAG _ not a target for EMOTIONAL ABUSE! You worth more than that! You were created by God to be a Partner to MEN not a SLAVE, to provide Strength and support to them not to be used and manipulated by them, to submit to them not to become fools in that process. You have your Dignity and Self Worth. Never sacrifice those!"
Author: Bolanle John
7. "People ask me, 'Who is your hero?'My answer, my true answer, is that I am my hero, the me I aspire to be, the very best at everything I put my hand to, treating people with dignity and respect because it's the right thing to do, surmounting obstacles with justice and empathy and compassion. I don't need anyone else to live my life for me, to mold me, to tell me what is or isn't possible. I don't need a path to follow.I create my own path. I live up to my own dreams. I demand greatness of mind, body, and spirit, not someone else's, but my own. I am my own hero. Are you yours?"
Author: Chris Kluwe
8. "There, I said it. We're all adults here, right? I mean, I shouldn't be ashamed. I've already told you my panties were wet, so my dignity was out the window."
Author: Christine Zolendz
9. "The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others."
Author: Dag Hammarskjold
10. "I think being a mother helps keep your feet on the ground. There's very little dignity in parenthood. It's a great leveller."
Author: Frances O'Grady
11. "If Republicans are aiming for the heart, for compassion, the last thing they should do is abandon the sanctity of life. Instead, they should tell Americans that they believe in the dignity and value of every human being, from the defenseless unborn child, to the newborn with a disability, to the 90-year-old dealing with dementia."
Author: Gary Bauer
12. "One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected. …[This] convention protects them, and so they proceed with their blather unwhipped and almost unmolested, to the great damage of common sense and common decency. that they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly. Nor is there any visible intellectual dignity in theologians. Few of them know anything that is worth knowing, and not many of them are even honest."
Author: H.L. Mencken
13. "Israel no longer has allies in Egypt and in Tunisia, we are saying to the Zionist enemies that times have changed and that the time of the Arab Spring, the time of the revolution, of dignity and of pride has arrived."
Author: Ismail Haniyeh
14. "All for the first time, in the days when acts had no consequences and nothing was irrecoverable, and love was simple and even pain had the dignity of enduring forever: it was unimaginable that time could do anything to diminish it."
Author: James Baldwin
15. "Human dignity is better served by embracing knowledge."
Author: John Charles Polanyi
16. "Writing for the sake of writing, writing that draws its credibility from its very existence, is a foreign idea to most Americans. As a culture, we want cash on the barrel head. We want writing to earn dollars and sense so that it makes sense to us. We have a conviction—which is naive and misplaced—that being published has to do with being "good" while not being published has to do with being "amateur." ..."Did you write today?""Yes.""Then you're a writer today."It would be lovely if being a writer were a permanent state that we could attain to. It's not, or if it is, the permanence comes posthumously.A page at a time, a day at a time, is the way we must live our writing lives. Credibility lies in the act of writing. That is where the dignity is. That is where the final "credit" must come from."
Author: Julia Cameron
17. "I can't even say I made my own mistakes. Really - one has to ask oneself - what dignity is there in that?"
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
18. "It can be said, then, that Everlost is heaven...for the places that deserve a share of forever. Such places are few and far between...The greatest of these stood near Manhattan's southern-most tip: the two gray brothers to the green statue in the bay. The towers had found their heaven...held fast, and held forever by the memories of a mourning world, and by the dignity of the souls who got where they were going on that dark September day."
Author: Neal Shusterman
19. "All that passes is raised to the dignity of expression; all that happens is raised to the dignity of meaning. Everything is either symbol or parable."
Author: Paul Claudel
20. "On Lee as commander: "He had a cheerful dignity and could praise them (his men) without seeming to court their favor."
Author: Shelby Foote
21. "Every people has a past, but the dignity of a history comes when a community of scholars devotes itself to chronicling and studying that past."
Author: Sonia Sotomayor
22. "A wound gives strange dignity to him who bears it. Well men shy from his new and terrible majesty. It is as if the wounded man's hand is upon the curtain which hangs before the revelations of all existence - the meaning of ants, potentates, wars, cities, sunshine, snow, a feather dropped from a bird's wing; and the power of it sheds radiance upon a bloody form, and makes the other men understand sometimes that they are little. His comrades look at him with large eyes thoughtfully. Moreover, they fear vaguely that the weight of a finger upon him might send him headlong, precipitate the tragedy, hurl him at once into the dim, gray unknown.("An Episode Of War")"
Author: Stephen Crane
Quotes About Dignity Tumblr Pictures