Famous Quotes About Disability Sport
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Disability Sport.
Top Quotes About Disability Sport
1. "If I was born again, I would be able to do any sport because I would have time to learn."
Author: Andy Lau
2. "Being a seasoned Londoner, Martin gave the body the "London once-over" - a quick glance to determine whether this was a drunk, a crazy or a human being in distress. The fact that it was entirely possible for someone to be all three simultaneously is why good-Samaritanism in London is considered an extreme sport - like BASE jumping or crocodile wrestling."
Author: Ben Aaronovitch
3. "Once you have selected a sport or a creative activity, the rules are pretty much the same."
Author: Bill Toomey
4. "Please don't grow up to be one of those men who lie for the sport of it, and most men do. That's a fact. That's why the world is so messed up, Noah. That's why history books are full of so much heartache, and tragedy. Politicians, dictators, kings, phoney-baloney preachers-most of 'em are men, and most of 'em lie like rugs"
Author: Carl Hiaasen
5. "Wie man weiß, gibt es ja nichts auf der ganzen Welt, das langweiliger ist, als Sport zu machen, und wenn etwas noch langweiliger ist, dann natürlich Sportlern bei der Ausübung ihrer langweiligen Sportarten zuzusehen."
Author: Christian Kracht
6. "Growing up in a group home, and with an undiagnosed learning disability to boot, the odds of success were not on my side. But when I joined the high school football team, I learned the value of discipline, focus, persistence, and teamwork - all skills that have proven vital to my career as a C.E.O. and social entrepreneur."
Author: Darell Hammond
7. "I love sports. I was an athlete in high school, and my school was so small we didn't have a football team, so it's the one sport I didn't bother to learn the rules to because I never went to game."
Author: Katie Aselton
8. "Cycling is a sport of the open road and spectators are lining that road."
Author: Lance Armstrong
9. "I want to do my hard dives really well, I want to see what my true potential in this sport really is. I want to grasp that."
Author: Laura Wilkinson
10. "I have 'the first' attached to my name in a whole lot of different aspects when it comes to the sport of basketball."
Author: Lisa Leslie
11. "You've got to be a disciplined person if you want to succeed both in sport and in life."
Author: Lynn Davies
12. "I expected this reception. All men hate the wretched; how, then, must I be hated, who am miserable beyond all living things! Yet you, my creator, detest and spurn me, thy creature, to whom thou art bound by ties only dissoluble by the annihilation of one of us. You purpose to kill me. How dare you sport thus with life? Do your duty towards me, and I will do mine towards you and the rest of mankind. If you will comply with my conditions, I will leave them and you at peace; but if you refuse, I will glut the maw of death, until it be satiated with the blood of your remaining friends."
Author: Mary Shelley
13. "Strategy is not really a solo sport – even if you're the CEO."
Author: Max McKeown
14. "The only sport I'm not interested in is horse racing. That's because I don't know the horses personally."
Author: Nat King Cole
15. "In America, it is sport that is the opiate of the masses."
Author: Russell Baker
16. "I did always dream of being a professional player. I think every kid does dream of being a pro, but to last the journey you have to love tennis as a sport and if you are lucky enough to make it in the pros, it is really a bonus."
Author: Samantha Stosur
17. "A lot of times in sport if you try to tell the truth it seems like an excuse."
Author: Sanya Richards Ross
18. "You need to work very hard, you have to spend a lot of time practicing your sport - six to seven hours daily."
Author: Sergei Bubka
19. "Caleb had been my imperfection, with his slightly Americanized British accent, and the way he could play any sport and quote any philosopher. He was such a mix of class and jock, romance and jerk, it made me crazy."
Author: Tarryn Fisher
20. "To have lost is less disturbing than to wonder if we may possibly have won; and Eustacia could now, like other people at such a stage, take a standing-point outside herself, observe herself as a disinterested spectator, and think what a sport for Heaven this woman Eustacia was."
Author: Thomas Hardy
21. "I just wanted to defend football, which is not always easy to do. Those of us who have been in the sport so many years now realise we must protect it and look after it. I was speaking about football, what it means. It is our profession, it has been our lives, and we must take care of it a little."
Author: Vicente Del Bosque
22. "I love sport because I love life, and sport is one of the basic joys of life."
Author: Yevgeny Yevtushenko
23. "I love the sport and being competitive."
Author: Zara Phillips
Quotes About Disability Sport Pictures