Famous Quotes About Dog Barks
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Dog Barks.
Top Quotes About Dog Barks
1. "Even through all of this, sometimes I wanted to lift up her chin and say, "Don't you see that is your dog?" Don't you see how we didn't want to have to love you, Laura? Don't you see how you have to love things forever anyway, no matter if it shakes, or drools, or barks in the middle of the night, or throws up food, or dies, because even in death, he is still your dog? You picked him out of a group and said, that is my dog, and the dog you picked shakes and drools and barks in the middle of the night, but you named him. And for that reason you should never want to give him up, you should always be grateful since your dog is one of the few things in life that you actually can choose as your own."
Author: Alison Espach
2. "We stand dead still and we listen to the night. The city drones. An owl hoots and a cat howls and a dog barks and a siren wails.We let the stars shine into us."
Author: David Almond
3. "We were, to quote the proverb, "The one dog who barks at nothing answered by a thousand dogs barking at something..."
Author: David Mitchell
4. "When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism!"
Author: David Starr Jordan
5. "You always fed strays and bent down to talk to the dogs you met on the street, looking straight into their eyes as if they were old friends. (Maybe they are, you said. From another life.) You liked to go to the pound and look at them. You tried to send them messages of comfort. I couldn't go because I started crying the one time I tried. All those eyes and the barks like sobs."
Author: Francesca Lia Block
6. "It was raining cats and dogs. My clothes were saturated with meows and barks."
Author: Jarod Kintz
7. "It's raining cats and dogs. Good thing meows and barks bounce off my umbrella, and I just poured a large cup of love in the left cup of your bra when you weren't looking."
Author: Jarod Kintz
8. "The fenced-in dog barks at the one running free."
Author: Marty Rubin
9. "A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent."
Author: Pearl S. Buck
10. "My dog," he said, "just barks and plays -has all he wants to eat. He never works- has no trouble about business. In a little while he dies, and that is all. I work with all my strength. I have no time to play. I have trouble every day. In a little while I will die, and then I go to hell. I wish that I had been a dog."
Author: Robert G. Ingersoll
11. "After years of having a dog, you know him. You know the meaning of his snuffs and grunts and barks. Every twitch of the ears is a question or statement, every wag of the tail is an exclamation."
Author: Robert R. McCammon
12. "It was all primal instinct. A dog doesn't know why it barks or growls. It just knows something about its environment isn't right and it reacts."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
13. "Dogs in My Nose --When I woke up that morning, it didn't take me long to realize there were dogs in my nose. I could hear their muffled barks; I could feel their playful vibrations.It's not dangerous to have dogs in your nose, in fact, it's quite all right to leave them in there for an hour or so. But in this case, because they got in there without permission, I decided to expel them immediately, coaxing them out with a piece of hamburger.The dogs popped out and landed on the floor. They shook their little floppy ears and bounded off, and I was amused at the prospect of some other weary traveler awakening to find he had dogs in his nose."
Author: Steve Martin
14. "Dear brother,I feel what Pa and Ma instinctively think about me (I don't say reasonably).There's a similar reluctance about taking me into the house as there would be about having a large, shaggy dog in the house. He'll come into the room with wet paws — and then, he's so shaggy. He'll get in everyone's way. And he barks so loudly.In short — it's a dirty animal.Very well — but the animal has a human history and, although it's a dog, a human soul, and one with finer feelings at that, able to feel what people think about him, which an ordinary dog can't do.And I, admitting that I am a sort of dog, accept them as they are.Vincent van Gogh to his brother Theo, Nuenen, 15 December 1883"
Author: Vincent Van Gogh
Quotes About Dog Barks Pictures