Famous Quotes About Doing What Seems Impossible
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Doing What Seems Impossible.
Top Quotes About Doing What Seems Impossible
1. "I've worked with actors who treat the first two takes like rehearsals. And that's okay. If the camera is on you and we're doing a scene where I'm off camera, I'm treating that as a rehearsal."
Author: Alfred Molina
2. "The day was ill-omened from the beginning; one of those unlucky days when every little detail seems to go wrong and one finds oneself engaged in a perpetual and infuriating strife with inanimate objects. How truly fiendish the sub-human world can be on these occasions! How every atom, every cell, every molecule, seems to be leagued in a maddening conspiracy against the unfortunate being who has incurred its obscure displeasure!"
Author: Anna Kavan
3. "First. Don't get drunk. Don't smoke anything.""Duh. What are you, my dad? That's easy. I don't drink. We aren't even twenty-one. I seriously doubt anyone will be drinking at the Hodjwick house. And who smokes cigarettes anymore? So gross."Dustin shook his head. "You are so backwards. I wasn't talking about cigarettes, and if you truly believe no one will be drinking at a high school party on a Saturday night then you are too much of a baby to even leave your own house."
Author: Anne Eliot
4. "The unseen world is what emanates from God."
Author: Christopher Koch
5. "Seriously, I do not know what to say of this book [ Absalom, Absalom!] except that it seem to point to the final blowup of what was once a remarkable, if minor, talent… this is a penny dreadful tricked up in fancy language and given a specious depth by the expert manipulation of a series of eccentric technical tricks. The characters have no magnitude and no meaning because they have no more reality than a mince-pie nightmare."
Author: Clifton Fadiman
6. "Use the voice that you were given. Shout what you believe in from the top of your lungs. Never let anyone quiet you."
Author: Demi Lovato
7. "The mistake we all make is in assuming anybody remembers anydamnthing from one day to the next. If that were true, we'd stop getting involved with approximately the same kind of wrong lover each time, we'd learn the lessons of history, the death penalty would discourage those plotting murder, and George Santayana's famous quote would be about as popular as "the bee's knees." But few of us keep accurate records of what we've learned as we hobble through life barking our shins in the dark on experiences we've already had...."
Author: Harlan Ellison
8. "On Women:"What do you mean?" Martin asked curiously, passing him a glass. "Here, down this and be good.""Because–" Brissenden sipped his toddy and smiled appreciation of it. "Because of the women. They will worry you until you die, as they have already worried you, or else I was born yesterday. Now there's no use choking me; I'm going to have my say. This is undoubtedly your calf love; but for Beauty's sake show better taste next time. What under heaven do you want with a daughter of the bourgeoisie? Leave them alone. Pick out some great, wanton flame of a woman, who laughs at life and jeers at death and loves one while she may. There are such women, and they will love you just as readily as any pusillanimous product of bourgeois-sheltered life."
Author: Jack London
9. "I think Jim got screwed. I think Jim Bakker would have been a great preacher. Jim Bakker was very good at what he did."
Author: Jessica Hahn
10. "Most laws condemn the soul and pronounce sentence. The result of the law of my God is perfect. It condemns but forgives. It restores - more than abundantly - what it takes away."
Author: Jim Elliot
11. "Social responsibility becomes an aspect not of Christian mission only, but also of Christian conversion. It is impossible to be truly converted to God without being thereby converted to our neighbor."
Author: John R.W. Stott
12. "You guys know about vampires? … You know, vampires have no reflections in a mirror? There's this idea that monsters don't have reflections in a mirror. And what I've always thought isn't that monsters don't have reflections in a mirror. It's that if you want to make a human being into a monster, deny them, at the cultural level, any reflection of themselves. And growing up, I felt like a monster in some ways. I didn't see myself reflected at all. I was like, "Yo, is something wrong with me? That the whole society seems to think that people like me don't exist?" And part of what inspired me, was this deep desire that before I died, I would make a couple of mirrors. That I would make some mirrors so that kids like me might see themselves reflected back and might not feel so monstrous for it."
Author: Junot Díaz
13. "As women, we have more of a tendency to be people-pleasers, and I know a lot of women who are not vocal about what makes them happy."
Author: Katherine Heigl
14. "It used to bother me - having bigger, fuller brows. I even plucked them once so I'd fit in, but I hated them and couldn't wait for them to grow back. Now I embrace them. I realized the quirky things that make you different are what make you beautiful."
Author: Lily Collins
15. "Fear is a question: What are you afraid of, and why? Just as the seed of health is in illness, because illness contains information, your fears are a treasure house of self-knowledge if you explore them."
Author: Marilyn Ferguson
16. "You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off of you."
Author: Maya Angelou
17. "Okay,three things,and one of them has to be in French."I was back in the weird squashy chair; Alex was flopped on the bed.This time, along with the lemon soda, there were two bags of Doritos on the floor between us. He'd had one waiting. I'd brought one."I don't think this is what Mademoiselle Winslow had in mind," I told him.Truth: Despite all my good intentions to keep Frankie happy and my hopes down, I'd been looking forward to this all week, hoping Alex wouldn't forget. I'd thought up and rethought clever things I could say. Further Truth: I didn't want to sound like I'd been looking forward to it all week and thinking up what I wanted to say.Home truth: Yes, I am that pitiful."
Author: Melissa Jensen
18. "I moved closer to Dean, breathing in the scent of his skin, the heat of his body. "Remember when you told me everyone has a key to unlocking their secrets?" I whispered. " And you wanted to know what mine is?" He nodded. "And you told me you didn't have a key." "I think I do." "What is it?" "You."
Author: Nina Lane
19. "Father Dmitry had thought he had been serving his nation by spreading trust, and fighting abortion and despair, but, in doing so, he was defying the state. And that was not allowed. That was why he had to be crushed. His fate parallels the fate of his whole nation. Through the twentieth century, the government in Moscow taught the Russians that hope and trust are dangerous, inimical and treacherous. That is the root of the social breakdown that has caused the epidemic of alcoholism, the collapsing birth rate, the crime and the misery."
Author: Oliver Bullough
20. "The stars are out,' Zoe said.She was right. There were millions of them, with no city lights to ruin turn the sky orange.'Amazing,' Bianca said. 'I've never actually seen the Milky Way.''This is nothing,' Zoe said. 'In the old days, there were more. Whole constellations have disappeared because of human light pollution.''You talk like you're not human,' I said.Zoe raised an eyebrow. "I am a Hunter. I care what happens to the wild places of the world. Can the same be said for thee?''For you,' Thalia corrected. 'Not thee.''But you use you for the beginning of a sentence.''And for the end,' Thalia said. 'No thou. No thee. Just you.'Zoe threw up her hands in exasperation. 'I hate this language. It changes too often!"
Author: Rick Riordan
21. "These are the methods of crude men. They can't face the challenge that a safe presents to them. They can't face the safe on its own terms. So they do what? Same thing men have been doing for thousands of years, right? They resort to violence."He grabbed the dolly and tucked it under the safe."No patience. No skill. No intelligence. Just brute strength. They have to break something. It's the only way they know."
Author: Steve Hamilton
22. "I think for voters what matters is the values that drive the government."
Author: Theresa May
23. "?I shall no longer fear what's on the roads ahead of me...nor shall I be in despair about what I left behind. I shall live in the present moment and strive for greatness and work to brighten humanity with each step I take.?"
Author: Timothy Pina
24. "Law students have taken over Hollywood. To them it's all about making money. They know people want to see what they've seen before. Also, remakes are places to showcase the new stars of tomorrow."
Author: Tobe Hooper
25. "For me, it's really day to day. I don't really plan ahead and I like to be excited about what I'm wearing. Being on the road all the time, it's various articles of clothing that keep me inspired and feeling good. A fun or beautiful thing to wear can change your day. I think spontaneity and not adhering to any narrow styles keep me happy."
Author: Victoria Legrand
26. "When you see violence in movies in general, it's very quick and painless, which isn't what it's like."
Author: Vincent Cassel
Quotes About Doing What Seems Impossible Pictures