Famous Quotes About Dreams And Working Hard
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Dreams And Working Hard.
Top Quotes About Dreams And Working Hard
1. "I'd like to be more forgiving. There are times when I've had a hard time forgiving people who have betrayed me."
Author: Amy Tan
2. "I enjoy working in a quiet and subversive way."
Author: Andy Goldsworthy
3. "We need to see men and women as equal partners, but it's hard to think of movies that do that. When I talk to people, they think of movies of forty-five years ago! Hepburn and Tracy!"
Author: Betty Friedan
4. "Making money isn't hard in itself,' he complained. 'What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one's life to."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
5. "Kai, are you sure you're OK? You're acting a little weird.'He kissed me on the forehead. ‘Ah, Jemima! Weirdness is one of my many charms.' Then he grabbed me in a bear hug and squeezed so hard I thought I might pass out."
Author: Cat Clarke
6. "The technocrat is the natural friend of the dictator—computers and dictatorship; but the revolutionary lives in the gap which separates technical progress from social totality, and inscribed there his dream of permanent revolution. This dream, therefore, is itself action, reality, and an effective menace to all established order; it renders possible what it dreams about."
Author: Gilles Deleuze
7. "Years ago I predicted that these suffragettes, tried out by victory, would turn out to be idiots. They are now hard at work proving it. Half of them devote themselves to advocating reforms, chiefly of a sexual character, so utterly preposterous that even male politicians and newspaper editors laugh at them; the other half succumb absurdly to the blandishments of the old-time male politicians, and so enroll themselves in the great political parties. A woman who joins one of these parties simply becomes an imitation man, which is to say, a donkey."
Author: H.L. Mencken
8. "Really it's not deliberate. Sometimes I try really hard to be anything but gay. I watch the other guys—and I know what you're thinking. You think I mean I check them out, and yeah, I can't help but do that too. But what I'm sayin is that I watch the really normal guys, the ones who are into sports, who act all totally straight, and I try to copy them. I try to lower the timber of my voice, not sound so nasally when I talk. I try to gesture with my hands in a manly sorta way instead of all limp-wristed and girly. I try to remember not to sit with my legs crossed, and I try really hard to avoid throwing a ball like a girl."
Author: Jeff Erno
9. "Gilbert stretched himself out on the ferns beside the Bubble and lookedapprovingly at Anne. If Gilbert had been asked to describe his idealwoman the description would have answered point for point to Anne, evento those seven tiny freckles whose obnoxious presence still continued tovex her soul. Gilbert was as yet little more than a boy; but a boy hashis dreams as have others, and in Gilbert's future there was always agirl with big, limpid gray eyes, and a face as fine and delicate as aflower."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
10. "When you face unexpected events, you have to try to overcome those problems, but at the same time, you have to continue working according to the plan that you defined since the beginning. So that's what we have tried to do - not to avoid the urgent responses but to continue the route that we had defined."
Author: Laura Chinchilla
11. "Even a fiction film is hard to end. You can going on shooting and editing a documentary forever."
Author: Leos Carax
12. "Never let your dreams go away."
Author: Mike Piazza
13. "I could only nod as emotions rolled in like a destructive storm. This was it. It was over. My incredible time with this beautiful talented man was up. I had to clench my teeth and swallow hard to mask the loss that threatened to overcome my calm exterior. I was holding on for dear life then he said two words with pure tranquility."
Author: Nicole Castro
14. "I'm just a believer in keeping all of the creative brain cells moving and working even when you're not working because the inevitable loneliness and boring drought in the actor's world, it can eat you alive."
Author: Nikki Reed
15. "If you became blind," I said, "if you were used to finding your way around a house and then, suddenly, one day had an accident--was attacked or something--and became blind, only then would you actually notice the furniture. It would always have been there, but you would never have been aware of it, you would just have gone around it. Only when something becomes hard to cope with do you see it. That's how you become aware of time--when it becomes hard to cope with."
Author: Peter Høeg
16. "You survived by seizing every tiny drop of love you could find anywhere, and milking it, relishing it, for all it was worth. And as you grew up, you sought love, anywhere you could find it, whether it was a teacher or a coach or a friend or a friend's parents. You sought those tiny droplets of love, basking in them when you found them. They sustained you. For all these years, you've lived under the illusion that somehow, you made it because you were tough enough to overpower the abuse, the hatred, the hard knocks of life. But really you made it because love is so powerful that tiny little doses of it are enough to overcome the pain of the worst things life can dish out. Toughness was a faulty coping mechanism you devised to get by. But, in reality, it has been your ability to never give up, to keep seeking love, and your resourcefulness to make that love last long enough to sustain you. That is what has gotten you by."
Author: Rachel Reiland
17. "Writing the same kind of material is no guarantee you'll be working from the same ethos so that writers from different fields are just as likely to have an understanding of each other's work as someone working in the same genre."
Author: Sara Sheridan
18. "The Tower. He would come to the Dark Tower and there he would sing their names; there he would sing their names; there he would sing all their names. The sun stained the east a dusky rose, and at last Roland, no longer the last gunslinger but one of the last three, slept and dreamed his angry dreams through which there ran only that one soothing blue thread: There I will sing all their names!"
Author: Stephen King
19. "Now ... if you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye."
Author: Terry Pratchett
20. "New York City is a notoriously hard market to perform country music in."
Author: Trace Adkins
21. "A working woman could save a few shillings a week, and then every five weeks she'd come in and we'd cut her hair. She could shampoo it under the shower, swing it and dry it off or just let it dry by itself. It changed the lives of many young girls who'd never had the opportunity to be styled like that before."
Author: Vidal Sassoon
Quotes About Dreams And Working Hard Pictures