Famous Quotes About Drinking Being Bad
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Drinking Being Bad.
Top Quotes About Drinking Being Bad
1. "My heart raced. He needs you, I thought. Don't let him down. I couldn't remember ever being so happy... or so scared."
Author: Ann Aguirre
2. "I am a bit of a solitude person - a solitary personality. I like being on my own. I don't have any major friendships or relationships with people."
Author: Anthony Hopkins
3. "Don't go away. I don't want to be alone. I can't stand being alone."
Author: Arnold Rothstein
4. "My life sucks when I'm only half-aware of it. If I quit drinking and saw what it's really like, I'd probably jump off a bridge."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. "So I'm on a little one-man crusade to bring the obituary closer to the front of the paper. Let's sing a bit louder about the unsung. Rather than spending all our time watching stupid people doing stupid things and being filmed by other stupid people on reality TV shows, why don't we spend a few minutes each day reading about good people doing good things? I'm not being a hippy. It's just that we've got to improve ourselves as a species or we are absolutely doomed."
Author: Billy Connolly
6. "The biggest potential for helping us overcome shame is this: We are "those people." The truth is…we are the others. Most of us are one paycheck, one divorce, one drug-addicted kid, one mental health illness, one sexual assault, one drinking binge, one night of unprotected sex, or one affair away from being "those people"–the ones we don't trust, the ones we pity, the ones we don't let our kids play with, the ones bad things happen to, the ones we don't want living next door."
Author: Brené Brown
7. "Apparently God takes reception of Holy Communion seriously. Apparently some things are more sacred than politics. Apparently it's all or nothing when it comes to being Catholic."
Author: Carl Olson
8. "No, Geo—underneath all that, Nan really loves me. It's just she wants me to see things her way. You know, she's two years older; that meant a lot when we were children. I've always thought of her as being sort of like a road—I mean, she leads somewhere. With her, I'll never lose my way."
Author: Christopher Isherwood
9. "Money can't make you happy but being happy can make you money"
Author: Darrius Garrett
10. "I have taken all my good deeds and all my bad deeds, and cast them … in a heap before the Lord, and fled from both, and betaken myself to the Lord Jesus Christ, and in him I have sweet peace!"
Author: David Dickson
11. "Sugar Ray Leonard was as close as anyone came after Ali to being Ali, but he wasn't Ali."
Author: Dick Schaap
12. "I know he has a bad nature,' said Catherine; 'he's your son. But I'm glad I've a better, to forgive it; and I know he loves me and for that reason I love him. Mr Heathcliff, you have nobody to love you; and, however miserable you make us, we shall still have the revenge of thinking that your cruelty arises from your greater misery! You are miserable, are you not? Lonely, like the devil, and envious like him? Nobody loves you - nobody will cry for you, when you die! I wouldn't be you!"
Author: Emily Brontë
13. "The naked man had lost hope now; he would never be able to return to the earth's surface;he would never leave the bottom of this shaft, and he would go mad there drinking blood and eating human flesh, without ever being able to die. Up there, against the sky, there were good angels with ropes, and bad angels with grenades and rifles, and a big old man with a white beard who waved his arms but could not save him."
Author: Italo Calvino
14. "But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand."
Author: Jerome K. Jerome
15. "That of associations is in their being with the virtuous;"
Author: Lao Tzu
16. "There is an incompatibility between being glamorous, young and a woman and using my brain. The official version is there is no discrimination, and talent dominates, but that is not the case."
17. "Girls developed eating disorders when our culture developed a standard of beauty that they couldn't obtain by being healthy. When unnatural thinness became attractive, girls did unnatural things to be thin."
Author: Mary Pipher
18. "George you were very very bad to run away from Alice. Very bad But you were very good to stomp Sinclair when he was being a dick so I think we'll call this a wash."
Author: MaryJanice Davidson
19. "This was very exciting. I'd never had two boys get into a fight over me before. The fact that one of the boys was my stepbrother, however, and held about as much romantic appeal for me as Max, the family dog, somewhat dampened my enthusiasm. And Michael wasn't much of a catch, either, when you actually thought about it, being a potential murderer and all. Oh, why did I have to have such a couple of losers fighting over me? Why couldn't Matt Damon and Ben Affleck fight over me? Now that would be truly excellent."
Author: Meg Cabot
20. "A King, by disallowing Acts of this salutary nature, from being the father of his people, degenerated into a Tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."
Author: Patrick Henry
21. "Yeah, well," Nico said, "not giving people a second thought…that can be dangerous." "Dude, I'm trying to say thank you." Nico laughed without humor. "I'm trying to say you don't need to. Now I need to finish this, if you could give me some space?" "Yeah. Yeah, okay." Percy stepped back while Nico took up the slack on his ropes. He slipped them over his shoulders as if the Athena Parthenos were a giant backpack. Percy couldn't help feeling a little hurt, being told to take a hike. Then again, Nico had been through a lot. The guy had survived in Tartarus on his own. Percy understood firsthand just how much strength that must have taken. Annabeth walked up the hill to join them. She took Percy's hand, which made him feel better. "Good luck," she told Nico."
Author: Rick Riordan
22. "I have definitely had experiences where I can feel the shift from simply living my life to being slightly outside of my life and taking notes."
Author: Sloane Crosley
23. "I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
Author: Steven Wright
24. "True thinking takes place within a frame of continuous historical development in which progress in understanding is being made. . . . No constructive thinking that is worth while can be undertaken that sets at nought the intellectual labours of the centuries that are enshrined in tradition, or be undertaken on the arrogant assumption that everything must be thought through de novo as if nothing true had already been done or said. He who undertakes that kind of work will inevitably be determined unconsciously by the assumptions of popular piety which have already been built into his mind."
Author: T.F. Torrance
Quotes About Drinking Being Bad Pictures