Famous Quotes About Duckling
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Duckling.
Top Quotes About Duckling
1. "The ugly duckling is a misunderstood universal myth. It's not about turning into a blonde Barbie doll or becoming what you dream of being; it's about self-revelation, becoming who you are."
Author: Baz Luhrmann
2. "In the story of Ugly Duckling, when did the Ugly Duckling stop feeling Ugly? When he realized that he was a Swan. Each of us has something Special, a swan of some sort, hidden inside somewhere. But until we recognize that it's there, what can we do but splash around, treading water? The Wise are Who They Are. They work with what they've got and do what they can do."
Author: Benjamin Hoff
3. "In Los Angeles, I feel like the ugly duckling, like I'm from Venus or something."
Author: Eva Green
4. "The limits of variation are really much wider than any one would imagine from the sameness of women's coiffure and the favourite love-stories in prose and verse. Here and there a cygnet is reared uneasily among the ducklings in the brown pond, and never finds the living stream in fellowship with its own oary-footed kind. Here and there is born a Saint Theresa, foundress of nothing, whose loving heart-beats and sobs after an unattained goodness tremble off and are dispersed among hindrances, instead of centering in some long-recognisable deed."
Author: George Eliot
5. "Here and there a cygnet is reared uneasily among the ducklings in the brown pond, and never finds the living stream in fellowship with its own oary-footed kind."
Author: George Eliot
6. "Americans like what is easy, and it's easy to like pregnant women - they're like ducklings or bunnies or dogs. Still, it baffles me that these self-righteous, self-enthralled waddlers get such special treatment. As if it's so hard to spread your legs and let a man ejaculate between them."
Author: Gillian Flynn
7. "I never dreamed of such happiness as this, while I was an ugly duckling."
Author: Hans Christian Andersen
8. "Nobody really metamorphoses. Cinderella is always Cinderella, just in a nicer dress. The Ugly Duckling was always a swan, just a smaller version. And I bet the tadpole and the caterpillar still feel the same, even when they're jumping and flying, swimming and floating.Just like I am now."
Author: Holly Smale
9. "He giggled like a puppy being tickled by a kitten wearing a duckling costume."
Author: Jim Benton
10. "I don't have ugly ducklings turning into swans in my stories. I have ugly ducklings turn into confident ducks."
Author: Maeve Binchy
11. "When I was very young I was the ugly duckling. I had a lot of complexes. My sister was wonderful and I was nothing."
Author: Nana Mouskouri
12. "I grew up feeling like the ugly duckling, and things have not changed that much."
Author: Nicollette Sheridan
13. "I still had this idea that there was a whole world of marvelous golden people somewhere, as far ahead of me as the seniors at Rye when I was in the sixth grade; people who knew everything instinctively, who made their lives work out the way they wanted without even trying, who never had to make the best of a bad job because it never occured to them to do anything less then perfectly the first time. Sort of heroic super-people, all of them beautiful and witty and calm and kind, and I always imagined that when I did find them I'd suddenly know that I Belonged among them, that I was one of them, that I'd been meant to be one of them all along, and everything in teh meantime had been a mistake; and they'd know it too. I'd be like the ugly duckling among the swans."
Author: Richard Yates
14. "And while we're on the subject of ducks, which we plainly are, the story, 'The Ugly Duckling' ought be banned as the central character wasn't a duckling or he wouldn't have grown up into a swan. He was a cygnet."
Author: Russell Brand
15. "I was the ugly duckling until I reached puberty."
Author: Tanya Roberts
16. "Nevertheless, it bothered Vimes, even though he'd got really good at the noises and would go up against any man in his rendition of the HRUUUGH! But is this a book for a city kid? When would he ever hear these noises? In the city, the only sound those animals would make was "sizzle." But the nursery was full of the conspiracy with bah-lambs and teddy bears and fluffy ducklings everywhere he looked.One evening, after a trying day, he'd tried the Vimes street version:Where's my daddy?Is that my daddy?He goes "Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp!"He is Foul Ol' Ron!No, that's not my daddy!It had been going really well when Vimes heard a meaningful little cough from the doorway, wherein stood Sybil. Next day, Young Sam, with a child's unerring instinct for this sort of thing, said "Buglit!" to Purity. And that, although Sybil never raised the subject even when they were alone, was that. From then on Sam stuck rigidly to the authorized version."
Author: Terry Pratchett
17. "To ugly ducklings everywhere,Don't worry about those fluffy yellow morons:They'll never get to be swans"
Author: Zoë Marriott
Quotes About Duckling Pictures