Famous Quotes About Dvd
Browse 92 famous quotes and sayings about Dvd.
Top Quotes About Dvd
1. "I really like 'The Three Kings' DVD. I love that movie and all the extra footage and documentaries."
Author: A. J. Cook
2. "I don't know what DVD commentaries are about. I'd like to strangle the person who came up with that concept."
Author: Abel Ferrara
3. "I don't have a TV at my house. I literally do not. I have a television, but I don't have anything plugged into it, though. I watch DVDs."
Author: Aimee Teegarden
4. "Don't knock finding nemo," Xavier teased, taking the DVD from my grasp. "It's a modern classic.""Is it seriously about fish?""Yeah, but really cool fish."
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
5. "You know what—gyms make the largest chunk of their profit from clients who pay their monthly dues on auto-pay but never bother to show up and use the gym. The DVD-rental companies make a good chunk of their profits from late fees; the credit-card companies make a fortune on sundry fines and penalties; the airlines' margins are highest on ticket changes and cancellations… So, the key to running a successful business in America is to sign up a customer and pray he'll somehow screw up…"
Author: Ali Sheikh
6. "Pushing thoughts of spanking and Simon from my mind, I went back to my DVDs. Spanking Simon. What a great name for a band."
Author: Alice Clayton
7. "In a serious relationship, I will definitely write music about a guy. I'm totally into mix tapes and I'm all about small little things. I'll drop by their door and just leave a gift or come over if they're sick and make them chicken noodle soup and rent a DVD and play board games. I think those little things mean a lot to someone."
Author: Aly Michalka
8. "Essentially, love is the Donnie Darko of feelings: Anyone who brags, "I, like, totally get it man," is either full of crap or really, really high (or they watched the commentary on the DVD)."
Author: Andrea Lavinthal
9. "That, we encourage, and I think we're doing a pretty good job with the website and also the DVD, like the first season came out and the second season's being prepared now."
Author: Anthony Michael Hall
10. "I might not have transferred to a new school, but it was still like I'd joined the world's oldest, grayest, least peppy cheerleading squad, and I was sick of being stuck in a castle like a prisoner myself with the whole lousy bunch of them."Garda! Vin aici!" I heard myself growling in a voice I'd never used before.I wasn't sure where the words came from, either. They weren't on my DVD, but I must have heard Lucius summon the guards often enough that when I really needed to use the phrase it just came out, and both of the vampires who were posted at the doors stepped to my sides.I didn't look around at the Elders—I wasn't about to stop glaring at my new worst enemy—but I heard murmurs again, like everybody was more surprised by my flawless Romanian than by my announcement about the trial.I narrowed my eyes at Flaviu. "Well? Do you want to see how long you can last without blood?"
Author: Beth Fantaskey
11. "I started my Twitter account for selfish reasons: I wanted to have a place to post updates on my book signing tour and stuff like that. I never realized that I'd have so much fun tweeting. It's become the deleted scenes for my DVD of columns and podcasts."
Author: Bill Simmons
12. "I'm not a celebrity trainer. I don't have my own line of DVDs, but I'm a fighter and have everything to prove."
Author: Cara Castronuova
13. "At least, I'm very happy that it's going out on DVD because if it wasn't for the fans who signed this petition and were really ongoing about how they loved it, we wouldn't see this DVD right now."
Author: Caroline Dhavernas
14. "Alec flushed. "I think it's more important for you to go than me. You're Valentine's son, I'm sure you're the one the Queen really wants to see. Besides, you're charming."Jace glared at him."Maybe not at the moment," Alec amended. "But you're usually charming. And faeries are very susceptible to charm.""Plus, if you stay here, I've got the whole first season of Gilligan's Island on DVD," Magnus said."No one could turn that down," said Jace. He still wouldn't look at Clary."
Author: Cassandra Clare
15. "I never download anything; it's crazy! We must keep buying albums and DVDs."
Author: Caterina Murino
16. "The process of putting the DVD and the CD together was great fun, because it provided a good excuse for the four of us to make time to get together again. I am especially pleased with the end result of these two projects."
Author: Dave Blood
17. "Next to it was a dvd called 'as i get laid dying,' which had a hospital scene on the front. it was like grey's anatomy, only with less grey and more anatomy."
Author: David Levithan
18. "I have a DVD player and I have DVDs, and I have no time to watch any of them."
Author: David Morse
19. "The stigma of the straight-to-DVD thing is over."
Author: Edward Burns
20. "'Sailor Moon' was my favorite cartoon of all time, and I'm still kind of obsessed with it. I own all the DVDs to watch it at home."
Author: Emily Browning
21. "I decided to begin with romantic films specifically mentioned by Rosie. There were four: Casablanca, The Bridges of Madison County, When Harry Met Sally, and An Affair to Remember. I added To Kill a Mockingbird and The Big Country for Gregory Peck, whom Rosie had cited as the sexiest man ever. It took a full week to watch all six, including time for pausing the DVD player and taking notes. The films were incredibly useful but also highly challenging. The emotional dynamics were so complex! I persevered, drawing on movies recommended by Claudia about male-female relationships with both happy and unhappy outcomes. I watched Hitch, Gone with the Wind, Bridget Jones's Diary, Annie Hall, Notting Hill, Love Actually, and Fatal Attraction. Claudia also suggested I watch As Good as It Gets, "just for fun." Although her advice was to use it as an example of what not to do,"
Author: Graeme Simsion
22. "You know how sad your life is when you know the release date of DVDs."
Author: Heston Blumenthal
23. "Also watching a movie on DVD is different than watching it in the theater."
Author: Ivan Reitman
24. "I do love DVD and I've always taken them seriously. You know, on the Austin things, we really put a ton of work into them because there's so much design involved. And in this one, we thought a lot about it and what could go in."
Author: Jay Roach
25. "Maybe they'll start making serialized movies. I watched the first couple seasons of '24' and it's really fun. I bought the DVD and watched it over a month or so and it's great. It's like reading a novel. It has a lot of possibilities that are more difficult to accomplish with a film."
Author: Jeremy Sisto
26. "One nice thing about heaven is that you can relive all your favorite moments and memories pretty much as many times as you want—sort of like a DVD of your whole life. Pause, rewind, fast-forward, slowwww motion, all day, every day."
Author: Jess Rothenberg
27. "Oh, come on, what's the matter with Romeo and Juliet?"Megan took the movie from my grasp to put it in the DVD player. "Do you want a list?" I didn't wait for an answer. "Romeo's whining about a girl one day, in love with Juliet the next. He has the decency to marry her but then they go back to her parent's house? I mean, what kind of asinine plan is that? Come on, their families hate each other! If you're going to sneak away and get married, just sneak away! It's like watching the girl in a horror movie walk up the dark attic stairs. She totally deserves whatevershe gets at the top.""Are you saying they deserved to die?"
Author: Jolene Perry
28. "Before we shot the pilot, I knew what 'Dallas' was, but I actually was too young to remember the details of the show. I didn't have my hands on the DVDs, so I YouTubed everything I could of J.R."
Author: Josh Henderson
29. "Unlike films, which can be easily disseminated worldwide via DVDs and the Internet, plays struggle to find an international audience."
Author: Katori Hall
30. "I couldn't see my father's films because they were restricted and we didn't have videos or DVDs back then."
Author: Kiefer Sutherland
31. "I'll try to communicate, Taylor said. She spoke slowly and deliberately. Hello! We need help. Is your village close?My village is Denver. And I think it's a long way from here. I'm Nicole Ade. Miss Colorado.We have a Colorado where we're from too! Tiara said. She swiveled her hips, spread her arms wide, then brought her hands together prayer-style and bowed. Kipa aloha.Nicole stared. I speak English. I'm American. Also, did you learn those moves from Barbie's Hawaiian Vacation DVD?Ohmigosh, yes! Do your people have that, too?"
Author: Libba Bray
32. "Do you lend books and DVDs to people? If so, don't you always regret it? All my life I have forced books on to people who have subsequently forgotten all about it. Meanwhile, on my shelves sit many orphaned books loaned to me over the years by trusting, innocent souls - some as long ago as the Seventies."
Author: Lynne Truss
33. "You know, I watched the original 'Same Time, Next Year' on DVD about ten times this year, and I cried all ten times."
Author: Mark Duplass
34. "I started collecting baseball cards and basketball cards when I was younger. I have a CD collection that turned into a DVD collection, and I have a Jordan shoe collection. And I don't drink, but I have a wine collection. I just started a sweatshirt collection. Every city that I'm in, I buy a sweatshirt. It's just something that I do."
Author: Marques Houston
35. "I mean, I must confess I don't own Harry Potter DVDs. My parents do. They have them all. And they like watching them."
Author: Matthew Lewis
36. "Effectively we become the DVD of Elf that you ignore at nine o'clock on a Friday night, on the presumption there will be something better (at least, something more fulfilling, more complex, and that you haven't seen twice before) on the shelves somewhere. And guess what you end up going home with? Well, that's what we are to these beautiful, fantastic women: Elves."
Author: Nick Hornby
37. "We're going to be rich.Huh?Forgot. You're already rich. I'm going to be rich, and you'll be richerokayI'm serious. We've just discover a non-fail motivation for exercise. Hot jungle sex. We'll be Bill Gates rich. We'll write a book. There'll be DVDs and infomercials.America, then the world, will become buff and sexually satisfied. And they'll have us to thank."
Author: Nora Roberts
38. "I do not buy CDs any more; I usually stream Internet radio. For movies, I hardly every buy any DVDS. I have a DVR, so just record things off HBO, Showtime and so on."
Author: Oren Peli
39. "I kind of hate Nick right now, too, but there's someone else higher on my list, someone I hate more than Saddam Hussein and any asshole named Bush combined, hate more than that fuckhead who canceled 'My So-Called Life' and left me with a too-small boxed DVD set that does not answer the questions whether Angela and Jordan Catalano did it, or if Patty and Graham got a divorce, or if there really was something to all that lesbian subtext between Rayanne and Sharon."
Author: Rachel Cohn
40. "Just to be involved in anything Disney, whether it's 'Avengers Assemble' or 'Planes' or straight-to-dvd work, it's great."
Author: Roger Craig Smith
41. "I had been acting since I was seven years old, but I had a combination of things happen at about the same time. 'Austin Powers' came out on DVD, I got a series regular gig on 'Buffy' and 'Can't Hardly Wait' came out."
Author: Seth Green
42. "Now, though, I must rent a movie.""You're going to do that?""Of course. I'm a werewolf, not a cretin. We have Blockbuster cards."It blew my mind. Werewolfs rented DVDs. At my local Blockbuster."
Author: Shannon Delany
43. "Let me out of here, Katra. Now. (Sin)I can't. (Kat)Then I hope you can live with the death of humanity on your conscience. I'll just sit myself over here until it's over. You got any good DVDs I can watch? It'll help drown out the screams for mercy. Especially from the kids. Those are always the hardest to ignore. (Sin)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "I find that people are constantly coming up to me now. There's been a definite surge of people recognizing me and I'm not sure if it has to do with the DVDs or not, but I've sort of assumed that it does because the show has been off the air for three years now."
Author: Shiri Appleby
45. "I'm under stress. They killed me on wikipedia. They killed me. And I didn't stay dead long enough to sell no DVDs. I didn't even stay dead long enough - I was too stupid. I should've stayed low. I should've laid low. I could've been gone for a year; I'd have made money. And then I'd have risen from the dead."
46. "Grace's eyes bigger than DVD's,Rachel's mouth hanging open so wideyou could reach right in andperform a tonsillectomy."
Author: Sonya Sones
47. "Instead of watching DVDs at home, I prefer going to the cinema to get the experience."
Author: Sunidhi Chauhan
48. "Wow," Ryan said, taking the excedo in from his bare feet to his worn jeans and wrinkled T-shirt. "Protesting showers?""Bite me." Trance stood aside and let Ryan inside, despite his growled words.Ryan strode to the living room, went straight to Trance's DVD player, and inserted one of his sex discs.Trance stood in the entrance to the living room, arms crossed, leaning against the wall as if it were the only thing holding him up. "I don't remember making a movie date with you.""Keep your dick in your pants, Romeo." Ryan pushed Play and stood back. "What do you know about that?"Trance's eyes shot wide, and he yanked himself off the wall. "I know you need an ass-kicking if you came to watch porn with me—oh, fuck me, that's you. Turn it off! I don't need to see that."Ryan hit the Pause button. "Well?""Well, what?" Trance shuddered. "Christ. I'm going to have to gouge out my eyes now."
Author: Sydney Croft
49. "The attempt is that we want to get a couple of minutes under our belt, depending on how good the tests are and take that into Hollywood. The fallback is we're going to DVD anyways. We've got that covered."
Author: Todd McFarlane
50. "I would be delighted to show my film in the Viennale. I do not offer press kits. I do not offer stills. I do not offer screeners. I do not offer DVD's. I do not offer posters. I require a first-class flight to bring the print however I do not offer any photo ops or press exchange in any way. My fee for showing my film is $35,000 dollars US."
Author: Vincent Gallo
Quotes About Dvd Pictures