Famous Quotes About Dying And Going To Heaven
Browse 30 famous quotes and sayings about Dying And Going To Heaven.
Top Quotes About Dying And Going To Heaven
1. "The Middle East is literally going up in flames, as is California, and Katrina's problems haven't been solved, and Congress' response is to criticize Federal judges."
Author: Alcee Hastings
2. "Now I know this is going to seem counter to every instinct that you have, but I'm going to ask you to sit still, or I'll put you in the trunk."
Author: Anna White
3. "If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
Author: Bob Marley
4. "It wasn't just hunger[...] Hunger wasn't comfortable, but it was familiar and it was nothing to fear. This was a thirst, like his whole body was parched, drying up, about to crumple. He was dying of thirst on the shores of the world's biggest lake.None of it was for him. To him, that lake was an ocean. It was salt sea that if he drank would make him thirstier and thirstier until he went mad and died."
Author: Brent Weeks
5. "Hal frowned. "Are you sure this is a good idea?""Uh, live in a tropical paradise for a week and sip fruity drinks with umbrellas in them by the pool? Yeah, Hal," I said, cranking up the sarcasm far past eleven, "that's a fate worse than death. I don't know what I was thinking.""No," he said, stretching the word out longer than was healthy for it, "I was thinking more like going on a honeymoon without a wife."I dropped a sock and looked up at him, stung. "Don't rub it in, man."
Author: Cary Attwell
6. "It's a job and we're going to work together for six months, so let's have a good time."
Author: Desmond Harrington
7. "On golden wingsThe angels soarwatching usforevermoreFrom their viewpointIn the airA better placeThan what was thereOn golden wings,The angels flyshooting stars across the skyLife's burdens around their feetAnd we'll meet them thereWhen our life's completeOn golden wings,The angels danceHappy the deceitsOf life are pastThey're past the toils,Past the snaresHappy nowIn heaven at lastOn golden wings,The angels riseLeaving withered bodies behindLiving forever in our soulsThey're still here,Just invisible, you know"
Author: Emily Dana
8. "I love him whose soul is so overfull that he forgets himself, and all things are in him: thus all things become his going under."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
9. "And that we are all responsible to all for all, apart from our own sins, you were quite right in thinking that, and it is wonderful how you could comprehend it in all its significance at once. And in very truth, so soon as men understand that, the Kingdom of Heaven will be for them not a dream, but a living reality."
Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. "There is no real going back. Though I may come to the Shire, it will not seem the same; for I shall not be the same. I am wounded with knife, sting, and tooth, and a long burden. Where shall I find rest?"
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
11. "We also spent entire nights in bed and I told her my dreams. I told her about the big snake of the world that was coiled in the earth like a worm in an apple and would someday nudge up a hill to be thereafter known as Snake Hill and fold out upon the plain, a hundred miles long and devouring as it went along. I told her this snake was Satan. "What's going to happen?" she squealed; meanwhile she held me tight."
Author: Jack Kerouac
12. "I think toilets are more important than temples. No matter how many temples we go to, we are not going to get salvation. We need to give priority to toilets and cleanliness."
Author: Jairam Ramesh
13. "Many Jesuit jokes play on our (supposed) struggles to be humble. One has a Jesuit, a Franciscan, and a Dominican dying and going to heaven. They are ushered into God's throne room, where God is seated on an immense, diamond-encrusted gold chair. God says to the Dominican, "Son of St. Dominic, what do you believe?" The Dominican answers, "I believe in God the Father, Creator of heaven and earth." God asks the Franciscan, "Son of St. Francis, what do you believe?" The Franciscan says, "I believe in your son, Jesus, who came to work with the poor." Finally God turns to the Jesuit and from his great throne asks, "Son of St. Ignatius, what do you believe?" The Jesuit says, "I believe... you're in my seat!"
Author: James Martin
14. "You just asked me to marry you," he said, still waiting for me to admit some kind of trickery."I know.""That was the real deal, you know. I just booked two tickets to Vegas for noon tomorrow. So that means we're getting married tomorrow night.""Thank you."His eyes narrowed. "You're going to be Mrs. Maddox when you start classes on Monday.""Oh," I said, looking around. Travis raised an eyebrow."Second thoughts?""I'm going to have some serious paperwork to change next week."He nodded slowly, cautiously hopeful. "You're going to marry me tomorrow?"I smiled. "Uh huh""You're serious?""Yep.""I fucking love you!" He grabbed each side of my face, slamming his lips against mine. "I love you so much, Pigeon," he said, kissing me over and over."
Author: Jamie McGuire
15. "Rule if this goes bad it's gonna be so, so bad." Her voice was just a husky whisper against my chest."True, but if it's good it's going be so very, very good."
Author: Jay Crownover
16. "Well, of course, you can't expect people to rearrange their minds in five minutes. And I'm not good at this. And I don't want to do it. It's a bore, anyway. Unfortunately I know what will happen if I keep on; I'll say that if we are going to talk about these things, let us please talk about them seriously and our fake Britisher will say that he always takes pretty girls seriously and then I'll say I don't you cut off your testicles and shove them down your throat? and then I'll lose my job and then I'll commit suicide. I once hit a man with a book but that was at a feminist meeting and anyway I didn't hit him really, because he dodged. I have never learned the feminine way of cutting a man down to size, although I can imagine how to do it, but truth to tell, that would go against what I believe, that men must live up to such awful things."
Author: Joanna Russ
17. "We're not done. We're just going to continue playing and hoping to put some wins together again."
Author: Johan Santana
18. "I'm lucky that I've never been bullied personally. There are always going to be kids who are mean and say stuff, but the people that matter to you - the people you love, like your parents, your siblings, and your friends - those are the people you should listen to."
Author: Kendall Jenner
19. "On the opening night of the Hazzard County High School production of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Buster was going to play Romeo. His sister, Annie, was to play Juliet. Other than Buster, no one backstage seemed to understand that this was a problem. "Let me ask you something, Buster," said Mr. Delano, the high school drama teacher. "Have you heard of the phrase the show must go on?" Buster nodded. "Well," Mr. Delano continued, "this is the kind of moment for which that phrase was coined."
Author: Kevin Wilson
20. "Jake's POV: Meanwhile, Ally was here with Marshall Moss, who she was obviously going to hook up with later. They'd barely stopped touching each other all night. Even now, they were out in the middle of the dance floor dancing to some Black Eyed Peas song. No reason to be touching for a fast song, but they were. Holding hands while they bounced around with friends.She looked happy. Which made me want to punch someone. Preferably Marshall Moss."
Author: Kieran Scott
21. "I'm going to do this again," he rasped. "Lay you out where there isn't any damn part of you I can't taste. That's what I want. You."
Author: Kit Rocha
22. "You go to Heaven once you've been to Hell"
Author: Leonard Cohen
23. "Bayleigh got up from the table and walked slowly toward Cade, the shirt she'd stolen from him barely buttoned and enticing him with every step. His pupils dilated with desire and she watched his cock swell beneath his jeans. She moved as if she were going to straddle his lap, but at the last second, she moved her knee so it was pressed directly against his balls. His indrawn breath was enough to know that she was using the right amount of pressure."Don't you ever threaten me with my brothers", she whispered in his ears. "I get enough of that from them and I won't take it from you too, no matter how much control you think our sleeping together gives you. I'm old enough to make my own decisions and take the consequences of my actions. I control my life. No one else."She nipped at his ear and felt satisfaction at his indrawn breath."
Author: Liliana Hart
24. "In the mind, in the heart, I was always home. I always imagined, really, going back home."
Author: Miriam Makeba
25. "I'm a little bit of a gypsy myself. I've always had jobs where I'm moving around and I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow or the next day."
Author: Niall Matter
26. "If you weren't going to tell me, why did you bring me down here? So I could watch you die?""No, sweetie. Just the opposite." He rolled his head to face her. "I asked you to come so I could watch you live."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
27. "Nobody, anywhere, has any real sense what is actually going on." This doesn't seem to get a very good reaction from the crowd - no doubt I'm scowling as I say it, but still. I continue: "I don't either, but at least I know I don't. I'm sorry but you people aren't like me." This is me trying to take the edge off. Being friendly. "You haven't done the shit I've done."
Author: Patrick Somerville
28. "I thought for sure you were going straight to hell."
Author: Stacey Kade
29. "Bella." He strocked my face anxiously. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here as long as you need me.""Do you swear you won't leave me?" I whispered. I tried to control the gasping, at least. My ribs were throbbing.He put his hands on either side of my face and brought his face close to mine. His eyes were wide and serious. "I swear."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
30. "Earth-treading stars that make dark heaven light:Such comfort as do lusty young men feelWhen well-apparell'd April on the heelOf limping winter treads, even such delightAmong fresh female buds shall you this nightInherit at my house; hear all, all see,And like her most whose merit most shall be:"
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Dying And Going To Heaven Pictures