Famous Quotes About Eade
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Eade.
Top Quotes About Eade
1. "A great comic-book cover occurs when it gets a potential reader to pick the book up and start thumbing through it. That's a comic cover's job: Attract someone's attention, and persuade them to try the issue out."
Author: Adam Hughes
2. "Your listening, not your speaking, is your most direct access to leadership effectiveness."
Author: Al Ritter
3. "Eve: All this riot and uproar, V... is this Anarchy? Is this the Land of Do-As-You-Please? V: No. This is only the land of take-what-you-want. Anarchy means "without leaders", not "without order". With anarchy comes an age or ordnung, of true order, which is to say voluntary order... this age of ordung will begin when the mad and incoherent cycle of verwirrung that these bulletins reveal has run its course... This is not anarchy, Eve. This is chaos."
Author: Alan Moore
4. "This morning I looked at the books on my shelves and thought that they have no knowledge of my existence. They come to life because I open them and turn their pages, and yet they don't know that I am their reader."
Author: Alberto Manguel
5. "Travelers come here, people who have lost their way or were headed somewhere else, lone wolves. And they all end up staying here, Hans. You'll get used to it. I don' thin' sso, said Hans, I'm p-passing through. You'll get used to it, Álvaro repeated, I've been passing through here for over ten years now."
Author: Andrés Neuman
6. "We're not going to have the America that we want until we elect leaders who are going to tell the truth - not most days, but every day."
Author: Ann Richards
7. "I believe President Bush is one of the most dangerous leaders in the world. He is not in search of peaceful and diplomatic solutions."
Author: Bianca Jagger
8. "I am not a big reader to begin with."
Author: Billy Burke
9. "The North American Church is at a critical juncture. The gospel of grace is being confused and compromised by silence, seduction, and outright subversion. The vitality of the faith is being jeopardized. The lying slogans of the fixers who carry religion like a sword of judgment pile up with impunity. Let ragamuffins everywhere gather as a confessing Church to cry out in protest. Revoke the licenses of religious leaders who falsify the idea of God. Sentence them to three years in solitude with the Bible as their only companion."
Author: Brennan Manning
10. "I get letters from readers who say that they have always hated reading, but somebody suggested one of my books, they actually finished the book and enjoyed it, and they're going on to read another book. I'm thrilled that they have figured out that reading is fun."
Author: Caroline B. Cooney
11. "This persistence as private firms continued because it ensured the maximum of anonymity and secrecy to persons of tremendous public power who dreaded public knowledge of their activities as an evil almost as great as inflation."
Author: Carroll Quigley
12. "Cruel leaders are replaced only to have new leaders turn cruel."
Author: Che Guevara
13. "Sport fosters many things that are good; teamwork and leadership."
Author: Daley Thompson
14. "Leadership is life-oriented in scope and transferable from one environment to another. Mainly, the goal for any leader should be to move past obstacles – to claim a triumph. Being in tune with the landscape of people, processes, and priorities can guarantee such an accomplishment. From this experience, a personal victory narrative can take shape, one that becomes solid and surefire."
Author: Deborah L. Parker
15. "Oh, no! The ladies from next door are headed to the church where Cole and Kyle are. What should I do?""Assuming they're being…amorous right now, I would highly suggest a diversion." Blake sounded amused."
Author: Debra Anastasia
16. "What I try to do for my readers is to pass on some of the things that I found out about being thirteen after doing it for forty years."
Author: Diane Duane
17. "I didn't make any mistake. I know that when he nearly asked me to marry him it was only on impulseIt is part if a follow-my-leader game of second-best we have all been playing - Rose with Simon, Simon with me, me with Stephen and Stephen, I suppose, with that detestable Leda Fox-Cotton. It isn't a very good game; the people you play it with are apt to get hurt."
Author: Dodie Smith
18. "I would assert that highly effective leaders are made more than they're born. Every leader I know who's been highly effective has worked hard at it, and they've been students of it. The more you're a student of leadership, the more you figure out what works for you and the more effective you're going to be."
Author: Douglas Conant
19. "Honorius Hatchard had been old Miss Hatchard's great-uncle; though she would undoubtedly have reversed the phrase, and put forward, as her only claim to distinction, the fact that she was his great-niece. For Honorius Hatchard, in the early years of the nineteenth century, had enjoyed a modest celebrity. As the marble tablet in the interior of the library informed its infrequent visitors, he had possessed marked literary gifts, written a series of papers called "The Recluse of Eagle Range," enjoyed the acquaintance of Washington Irving and Fitz-Greene Halleck, and been cut off in his flower by a fever contracted in Italy. Such had been the sole link between North Dormer and literature, a link piously commemorated by the erection of the monument where Charity Royall, every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, sat at her desk under a freckled steel engraving of the deceased author, and wondered if he felt any deader in his grave than she did in his library."
Author: Edith Wharton
20. "I think if love is real, and headed toward the altar, the sex part-within reason-can wait."
Author: Ellen Hopkins
21. "Kat and Kropp get in an argument over the war as they rest from an hour's worth of drill (occasioned by Tjaden's not saluting a major properly). Kat believes the war would be over if leaders gave all the participants "the same grub and the same pay," as he says in a rhyme. Kropp believes the leaders of each country should fight each other in an arena to settle the war; the "wrong" people currently do the fighting."
Author: Erich Maria Remarque
22. "The most emphatic place in a clause or sentence is the end. This is the climax; and, during the momentary pause that follows, that last word continues, as it were, to reverberate in the reader's mind. It has, in fact, the last word."
Author: F. L. Lucas
23. "She threaded her fingers through my hair and I nearly whimpered at the feel of them, my eyes rolling to the back of my closed eyes. I clutched her waist tightly, inhaling her breaths as I practically swallowed her beautiful tongue."
Author: Fisher Amelie
24. "Leadership is, among other things, the ability to inflict pain and get away with it - short-term pain for long-term gain."
Author: George Will
25. "When leaders are no longer beholden to the people who elected them, corruption results and the recruitment of extremists becomes easier."
Author: Iqbal Quadir
26. "One secret of leadership is that the mind of a leader never turns off. Leaders even when they are sightseers or spectators, are active; not passive observers."
Author: James Humes
27. "A pastor struggled for years with sexual addiction, eventually becoming so despondent that hospitalized himself. He joined an inpatient group and was mostly silent as others shared.When he decided not to come one day, the leader found he had fallen back into his addiction the previous night. Against every fiber of his instinct, he came back to the group. He shared how much he despised himself and his hypocritical behavior. When he saw that others wept for him, the weight of the secret that piled on the shame was broken. As Ortberg puts it, the man was able to taste the grace he taught about."
Author: John Ortberg Jr.
28. "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
Author: John Quincy Adams
29. "I got married, other people went off. We had sort of another public-we were our entire readership for many years, and we were very excited by each other."
Author: Kenneth Koch
30. "I opine you wouldn't know help if it smacked you in the face. Stubborn, bullheaded, wild fey thing of a woman." - Pierce"
Author: Kim Harrison
31. "Those who serve and those who ruleLepers, kings and mindless foolsEmpire leaders, tyrant's toolsAll will fade with timeHail the cowards, brave at heartThe ugly and the beautifulThose who never felt their soulsAll live transient lives"
32. "It is more difficult to keep the attention of hearers than of readers."
Author: Lascelles Abercrombie
33. "As Americans, we rightfully place tremendous value on having a free and independent press. Our role as journalists is to give voice to the voiceless, and hold our leaders and institutions accountable. But the circle is only completed when that information is consumed by a free-thinking and engaged audience."
Author: Lester Holt
34. "What he remembers with perfect clarity is sitting on a train headed for Madrid, feeling the sort of happiness he imagines spirits might feel, freed of their earthly bodies but still possessed of their essential selves."
Author: Michael Cunningham
35. "The bottom line is that we have entered an age when local communities need to invest in themselves. Federal and state dollars are becoming more and more scarce for American cities. Political and civic leaders in local communities need to make a compelling case for this investment."
Author: Mick Cornett
36. "For if there were a list of cosmic things that unite us, reader and writer, visible as it scrolled up into the distance, like the introduction to some epic science-fiction film, then shining brightly on that list would be the fact that we exist in a financial universe that is subject to massive gravitational pulls from states. States tug at us. States bend us. And, tirelessly, states seek to determine our orbits."
Author: Mohsin Hamid
37. "In the professional world of leadership ambition and potential are the most excessive commodities."
Author: Noel DeJesus
38. "Intelligence we gathered at the time indicated that this was in fact leadership and we struck the leadership."
Author: Peter Pace
39. "And on the other hand, we see that the Israeli government is attacking that part of the Palestinian leader."
Author: Rafik Hariri
40. "While part of my mind puzzled that out, I watched my mother with fascination. I'd listened to her tell her stories. I'd seen and felt her fight. But really, truly, I'd never seen her in action in a real-life crisis. She showed every bit of that hard control she did around me, but here, I could see how necessary it was. A situation like this created panic. Even among the guardians, I could sense those who were so keyed up that they wanted to do something drastic. My mother was a voice of reason, a reminder that they had to stay focused and fully assess the situation. Her composure calmed everybody; her strong manner inspired them. This, I realized, was how a leader behaved."
Author: Richelle Mead
41. "Dear Delphine, When you are older I want you to find Chinua Achebe. I want you to read Things Fall Apart. Don't be hardheaded and try to read this book now. Don't be hardheaded, Delphine. You are the smart one, but you are not ready. You can read all its words. Even the African words. But you will not know what Achebe is saying. It is a bad thing to bite into a hard fruit with little teeth. You will say bad things about the fruit when the problem is your teeth. I want you to read this book. I want you to know Things Fall Apart. Fourteen is a good age to find Chinua Achebe. Nzila. Your Mother.P.S. For now you are eleven. Be eleven."
Author: Rita Williams Garcia
42. "I was one of those guys who never wanted to start their own business. I never saw myself as a leader. I saw myself as a great No. 2."
Author: Robert Herjavec
43. "Under our Constitution, military leaders have no choice but to endorse the president's decision after giving him their best advice."
Author: Robert Kagan
44. "I didn't cheer in high school. I was the farthest thing from a cheerleader in high school. We made fun of cheerleaders. Everybody did!"
Author: Sarah Roemer
45. "Let me tell you girls a story, short and sweet. In high school, I was a junior varsity cheerleader dating a senior who was up for football scholarships. I'd slept with him several times willingly. One night I wasn't in the mood, but he was. So he held me down and forced me. The few people I told about it - including my best friend - pointed out what would happen to him if I told. They stressed the fact that I hadn't been a virgin, that we were dating, that we'd had sex before. So I kept quiet. I never even told my mother. That boy put bruises on my body. I was crying and begging him to stop and he didn't. That's called rape, ladies."
Author: Tammara Webber
46. "If readers, young and old, would take even a moment to reflect on our rapidly shifting culture and ideology, I would be happy. Many leaders of the older generation dismiss emerging culture. Those leaders are at risk of becoming a feeble voice-piece without followers. Most of the younger generation is going deaf to the truth."
Author: Ted Dekker
47. "Dear though the reader might be, I'd be silly to cater to what the reader wanted."
Author: Vikram Seth
48. "The good reader is one who has imagination, memory, a dictionary, and some artistic sense–-"
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
49. "Leaders know the importance of having someone in their lives who will unfailingly and fearlessly tell them the truth."
Author: Warren G. Bennis
50. "It was, however, in the interest of Osama bin Laden for us to destroy a secular Arab leader; it was very much in the interest of the Iranians because they wanted revenge against Saddam Hussein for Iraq's invasion in 1980."
Author: William Odom
Quotes About Eade Pictures