Famous Quotes About Edd
Browse 1748 famous quotes and sayings about Edd.
Top Quotes About Edd
1. "Wait. Far be it for me to say this" — Hamish looked around the compartment — "and if anyone tells Uncle Eddie I suggested being an upstanding citizen I'll kill 'em, but aren't there...laws and stuff? I mean, can't you...you know...sue him or something?" asked the boy who had once stolen an entire circus, all three rings."
Author: Ally Carter
2. "You just couldn't wait to get me naked, could you, Princess?" Loki asked tiredly. I started to pull my hand back, but he put his own hand over it, keeping it in place."No, I—I was checking for wounds," I stumbled. I wouldn't meet his gaze."I'm sure." He moved his thumb, almost caressing my hand, until it hit my ring. "What's that?" He tried to sit up to see it, so I lifted my hand, showing him the emerald-encrusted oval on my finger. "Is that a wedding ring?""No, engagement." I lowered my hand, resting it on the bed next to him. "I'm not married yet.""I'm not too late, then." He smiled and settled back in the bed."Too late for what?" I asked."To stop you, of course." Still smiling, he closed his eyes."
Author: Amanda Hocking
3. "Stop whining; you're eighteen years old and you keep acting like a puppy.Throgh my complaint carried a teasing note, the irriated eddge behind it was real. The focus required by the hunt made me tense. It's not my fault. His plaintive reply came back. I've never had a tail before. I can't figure out what exactly it's supposed to do. It's so distracting."
Author: Andrea Cremer
4. "Fear is an enemy that can be killed only at close range. The closest range of all is intimacy. The deeper the fear is embedded in one's spirit, the more vulnerable it is."
Author: Andrew Vachss
5. "Having a few half fish in my family tree keeps my vision from blurring through the pudgy tears-I can perfectly see the solid yellow line on the road as I walk it. When I hear him following, I rip off my heels and start sprinting. Two months ago, this kind of abuse to my feet would leave them bleeding and with who-knows-what embedded in them. But with the convenience of my new thick skin, running barefoot is like running in Nike's latest kicks.Galen is apparently a flying fish though-his hand wraps around my arm, braking my own sad attempt at flight. He whirls me around. Pulling me to him, he lifts my chin with the pad of his thumb. When I jerk away, he grasps it tight, forcing me to look at him. The old Emma would be bruised within the next ten minutes. The new one is just pissed off."Let go!" I screech, pushing against his chest. Somehow this just gets me closer to him."Emma," he growls as I stomp his foot. "What would you have done?"Okay, that's unexpected. I stop flailing. "What?"
Author: Anna Banks
6. "I can do this," [Daemon] crooned, slowly circling around her. "I can keep Dorothea and Hekatah off-balance enough to keep the others safe and also prevent those Ladies from giving the orders to send the Terreillean armies into Kaeleer. I can buy you seventy-two hours, Jaenelle. But it's going to cost me because I'm going to do things I may never be forgiven for, so I want something in return." He could taste her slight bafflement before she said, "All right." "I don't want to wear the Consort's ring anymore." A slash of pain, quickly stifled. "All right." "I want a wedding ring in its place." A flash of joy, immediately followed by sorrow. She smiled at him at the same time her eyes filled with tears. "It would be wonderful." She meant that."
Author: Anne Bishop
7. "-What's so funny?""-Sorry," David said, reddening again. "You just taste so sweet.""-What do you mean, sweet?"He licked his bottom lip one more time."-You taste like honey.""-Honey?""-Yeah, I thought I was going nuts the day...well, you know, that one day. But it was the same today. Your mouth is really sweet."He paused for a second, then grinned."-Hot like honey-like nectar. That makes more sense.""-Great. Now I'm going to have to explain that to everyone I kiss for the rest of my life unless it's you or another faerie." She'd almost said Tamani's name. Her fingers flew to the ring around her neck.David shrugged."-Then don't kiss anyone except me.""-David...""-I'm just offering up the obvious solution," he said, hands up in protest."
Author: Aprilynne Pike
8. "Each wedding picture was less of a memento than a scar. Proof of some horror movie scenario Katherine Kenton has survived."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
9. "For me, my discomfort with gay weddings was articulated by a close friend, who observed that gay people getting married is like retarded people getting together to give each other PhDs. It doesn't make them smarter, and it doesn't make us married."
Author: Dan Savage
10. "I went to Saudi Arabia in 2010, and spent most of my time in Jeddah and the King Abdullah Economic City."
Author: Dave Eggers
11. "Eddie: You don't have any feelings at all. Phil: I don't have your feelings, Eddie; that's all. I have my own, they get me by."
Author: David Rabe
12. "Though Beckett remained confined to the same claustrophobic hotel room that had housed him for weeks now, he'd attended the wedding in every sense but literally.He dressed for the occasion, and Eve helped him get his bow tie just right before she left, promising once again that her hummingbird pin would send him every detail it could.Riveted to the live feed from Eve's transmitter on his hotel room TV, Beckett stood when the congregation stood, and he sat when they sat. And when he noticed that the camera had bounced even lower, Beckett knelt.As Kyle came fluttering down the aisle in her simple blue dress, Beckett swore aloud in the empty room. "Shit, Fairy Princess, you're an angel."
Author: Debra Anastasia
13. "I was a bridesmaid at a wedding in one picture."
Author: Dorothy Malone
14. "The Biblical language was so deeply embedded in the great man's mind that it became his normal way of speaking."
Author: Elton Trueblood
15. "Finally, I had held up examples of Goldhagen's inflammatory language and suggested that he had missed the essence of what Primo Levi once called the 'grey zone' of human affairs, described by the historian Christopher Browning as that foggy universe of mixed motives, conflicting emotions, personal priorities, reluctant choices, opportunism and accomodation, all wedded, when convenient, to self-deception and denial. I thought that by marshalling his research into an overly narrow narrative, painted without nuance in black and white, the author had missed the human complexity and the ordinariness of racism."
Author: Erna Paris
16. "We're family," Alyss said.Redd snorted. "Is that supposed to mean something?"Family," Alyss said again, trying to convince herself more than Redd.Don't talk to me about family! You were never disowned by your parents!"I'd rather have been disowned by them then see them murdered."
Author: Frank Beddor
17. "Well now," the scholar went on, "I'm just an old fuddy-duddy who could use a tan, so you needn't grant my opinion any authority, but I consider the queendom lucky that a handful of Milliners and their children lived incognito among the population during Redd's tyranny."
Author: Frank Beddor
18. "Robert Englund's done an amazing job over the years playing Freddy. Everybody that's a fan of 'Nightmare' loves Robert and you know so that's a challenge when you've got to step in a big man's shoes like that, so it's scary but it's also exciting."
Author: Jackie Earle Haley
19. "When they attack her, I scream until my voice is hoarse so I don't have to hear the shredding sounds."
Author: Jackson Pearce
20. "When you're a little kid, you are small, your life is small - and you're terrifically aware of that. But when you read, you can ride Arabian horses across the desert, you can be a dogsledder."
Author: Janet Fitch
21. "I get scared at night. That's why I got a cat—for protection. Cats are deadlier than Teddy bears."
Author: Jarod Kintz
22. "We were greeted by the minister whose inclusive, non-judgemental smile was no more than a whisker away from a smirk. Have I made it clear? I don't like belief systems and even less like those that peddle self-righteousness. I have no doubt the minister was a sincere man, but I am not as impressed by the idea of sincerity as the sincere seem to be."
Author: Jenny Diski
23. "My mother was a pathetic patchwork witch who had used magic so much to meddle in her own life that she had no integrity left and was nothing but a coil of hatreds consuming themselves in futility. We had already hedged her power, with the help of the fairies."
Author: Jo Walton
24. "Extreme zombie fighting" kit. Tactical boots and tacticals. Firefighting bunker gear. Nomex head cover tucked under the collar of the bunker gear. Full face respirator. Helmet with integrated visor. Body armor with integral MOLLE. Knee, elbow and shin guards. Nitrile gloves. Tactical gloves. Rubber gloves. Assault pack with hydration unit. Saiga shotgun on friction strap rig. A .45 USP in tactical fast-draw holster. Two .45 USP in chest holsters. Fourteen Saiga ten-round 12-gauge magazines plus one in the weapon. Nine pistol magazines in holster plus three in weapons. Kukri in waist sheath. Machete in over-shoulder sheath, right. Halligan tool in over-shoulder sheath, left. Tactical knife in chest sheath. Tactical knife in waist sheath. Bowie knife in thigh sheath. Calf tactical knife times two. A few clasp knives dangling in various places. There was the head of a teddy bear peeking out of her assault pack."
Author: John Ringo
25. "Atlantic's Jerry Wexler believes first-rate records are made by first-rate voices. He certainly has worked with enough of them: Clyde McPhatter, Joe Turner, La Vern Baker, Ray Charles, Otis Redding, Solomon Burke, Wilson Pickett and Aretha Franklin."
Author: Jon Landau
26. "The calla lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower—suitable to any occasion. I carried them on my wedding day, and now I place them here in memory of something that has died."
Author: Katharine Hepburn
27. "Embedded from dots and darkness everything in the universe is tangled, twisted and formed. The colors we see are creation of consciousness with light and profound/deep understanding of life. The more we are awake, the more we integrate within the universe." Katia M.S."
Author: Katia M. S.
28. "You sleep okay, sweetie?" "Miss my teddy," Billie replied. Personally, I thought Detective Mitch Lawson was far superior to a tiny pink teddy bear but I wasn't six years old."
Author: Kristen Ashley
29. "Calm down, man, the wedding isn't off," Luke announced. "It is," Ava retorted angrily, whirling on her man. "It isn't," Luke replied calmly, staring down his nose at his woman. "Are you going to dance with me?" she asked. "Vertically?" he asked back, and I pressed my lips together in order not to laugh. "Yes!" she snapped. "Yeah, baby," he said. "I'll dance with you vertically, in the bathroom on the plane on the way to Bermuda."
Author: Kristen Ashley
30. "If you don't feel loved maybe the outward trappings like weddings and wedding rings become important? (Page 567)"
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
31. "Mesleki konumlarindan hosnut olmayan, bundan sikâyet eden, ama islerinde kalan insan sayisini bir bilseydin! Insan varligi degisimden, yenilikten korkar ve çogu zaman, çok güç olsa bile, alisildik kosullarda kalmayi, pek iyi tanimadigi yeni bir duruma geçmek için digerini terk etmeye tercih eder. Platon'un Magarasi'dir bu! Bugün birçok insan farkinda olmadan Platon'un Magarasi'nda yasiyor. Meçhul karsisinda yaman bir korkulari var ve kisisel olarak onlari etkileyecek her degisimi reddediyorlar."
Author: Laurent Gounelle
32. "We take such pains to be polite. We never say what we mean. For all it matters, we could greet each other and speak only of cheese - "How was your Limburger, miss?" "Salty as a ripe Stinking Bishop, thank you." "Ah, very cheddar, miss. I'll have your Stilton brought to your Camembert, then." - and no one would likely notice."
Author: Libba Bray
33. "Murmuring her name, he brought her hand to his face and nuzzled ardently into her palm, his lips brushing the warm circlet of her gold wedding band. 'My love is upon you,' he whispered... and she knew then that she had won."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
34. "Iste bu, askin meydana getirebileceginin yaninda gülünç bir aci. Askin hissettirebilecegi tüm mutluluk ve güzellik bir gün aciyla ödenir. Üstelik çok seversek on misli fazla aci gelir. Onsuzlugu, sonra kiskançligin, anlayissizligin sancisini, reddedilme ve adaletsizlik hissini tadarsin. Kemiklerinin içine degin üsürsün ve kanin, derinin altindan geçisini hissettigin buz parçalarina döner.(syf. 18)"
Author: Mathias Malzieu
35. "A city finds its life through the humans who inhabit it. When they go, what is truly left? Just silent stones, witnesses to the history but mute in its telling, remaining thus while slowly turning to rubble. It saddens me that life's moments are thus lost, that one cannot experience the past in the same rich vibrancy as the present. You live the moments and then relegate them to memory, now just two-dimensional shadows, pictures without depth, stripped of their purest emotion, their tactile connections no longer accessible. You try to recall, but can bring back only a fraction of the event lived. The rest is gone, never to be as full and complete as it was in that one place at that one time. That was what I thought as I studied these stone remains; that all the tangible things experienced here abide somewhere in time, but can never again be wholly re-animated, now just ghosts imbedded in the crumbling walls and in the fading memories of those who once lived here."
Author: Michael Puttonen
36. "For Delta blueman Robert Johnson and his contemporaries, the train was the eternal metaphor for the travelling life, and it still holds true today. There is no travel like it. Train lines carve through all facets of a nation. While buses stick to major highways and planes reduce the unfolding of lives to a bird's eye view, trains putter through the domains of the rich and the poor, the desperate and the idle, rural and urban, isolated and cluttered. Through train windows you see realities rarely visible in the landscaped tourist areas. Those frames hold the untended jungle of a nation's truth. Despite my shredded emotions, there was still no feeling like dragging all your worldly possessions onto a carriage, alone and anonymous, to set off into the unknown; where any and all varieties of adventures await, where you might meet a new best friend, where the love of your life could be hiding in a dingy cafe. The clatter of the tracks is the sound of liberation."
Author: Patrick O'Neil
37. "I want her to be happy. It's worth sacrificing myself." -Eddie"
Author: Richelle Mead
38. "I remembered a mantra that one of my teachers used to tell me at drama school, that every thought will pass across your face. Even if you're thinking about Shreddies the camera will read it."
Author: Ruth Wilson
39. "MagicSandra's seen a leprechaun,Eddie touched a troll,Laurie danced with witches once,Charlie found some goblins gold.Donald heard a mermaid sing,Susy spied an elf,But all the magic I have knownI've had to make myself."
Author: Shel Silverstein
40. "I've been to weddings and I've been to wakes in either setting Love takes no breaks."
Author: Stanley Victor Paskavich
41. "On the list of things I cannot draw, wedding dresses are right there next to cars."
Author: Stephan Pastis
42. "My friend wants to get moving and so do I,' Eddie said. 'We've got miles to go yet.'I know that. It's on your face, son. Like a scar.'Eddie was fascinated by the idea of duty and ka as something that left a mark, something that might look like decoration to one eye and disfigurement to another. Outside, thunder cracked and lightning flashed."
Author: Stephen King
43. "I want to go to war," Eddie Dean said calmly. "You don't know what you're talking about," Roland said, "but you're going to find out."Eddie nodded. They went to their war."
Author: Stephen King
44. "[P]erhaps we are like stones; our own history and the history of the world embedded in us, we hold a sorrow deep within and cannot weep until that history is sung."
Author: Susan Griffin
45. "Reuben says in many cultures, the wedding ceremony and all of it's rituals are much the same as a funeral: a transition into another phase of life.It is like dying and being reborn, if you believe in the afterlife. If you don't believe in an afterlife, then you are toast"
Author: Suzanne Finnamore
46. "(Talks about a school production) 'There was one solo; but it was a guy. It was this character called 'Freddy Fast Talk' and it was the bad guy. I didn't care, I was like I will dress up like a guy, I want to sing that song. And so I remembered we drew on eyebrows, and I had like a moustache,and we put all my hair up in this hat. So I dressed like a guy and sang the solo."
Author: Taylor Swift
47. "The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it."
Author: Theodore Roosevelt
48. "A story must be exceptional enough to justify its telling. We storytellers are all ancient mariners, and none of us is justified in stopping wedding guests, unless he has something more unusual to relate than the ordinary experiences of every average man and woman."
Author: Thomas Hardy
49. "Why? Why should the bond between a people and their baseball team be so intense? Fenway Park is a part of it, offering a physical continuum to the bond, not only because Papi can stand in the same batter's box as Teddy Ballgame, but also because a son might sit in the same wooden-slat seat as his father."
Author: Tom Verducci
50. "I'm not looking to step in and make 'big, bold changes' - I think reddit is great, and the team has a lot of good features already in the pipeline to improve functionality for users and mods, help with subreddit discovery, improve the API, and help bring reddit to more people."
Author: Yishan Wong
Quotes About Edd Pictures