Famous Quotes About Ednas Suicide In The Awakening
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Ednas Suicide In The Awakening.
Top Quotes About Ednas Suicide In The Awakening
1. "Racism has been for everyone like a horrible, tragic car crash, and we've all been heavily sedated from it. If we don't come into consciousness of this tragedy, there's going to be a violent awakening we don't want. The question is, can we wake up?"
Author: Anna Deavere Smith
2. "A large part of the problem, is that young people are being born into the world and growing up without much hope. And so, they become murderers, they become suicide bombers."
Author: Arthur Hertzberg
3. "Satori - in the awakening from a dream. Awakening and self-realization and seeing into one's own being - these are synonymous."
Author: Bruce Lee
4. "Ah, what a morning this is, awakening me to life's stupidity. [98 - Zenith trans.]"
Author: Fernando Pessoa
5. "I suppose a suicide who holds a pistol to his skull feels much the same wonder at what will come next as I felt then."
Author: H.G. Wells
6. "Recovering from the suicide of a loved one, you need all the help you can get, so I very much recommend a meditation program. The whole picture of how to recover from this has to do with body, mind, and spirit. That's applicable to any kind of depression."
Author: Judy Collins
7. "If a Labour movement, on a bourgeois basis, has hitherto existed in the country where the new movement is awakening it will certainly not disappear all at once."
Author: Karl Radek
8. "It was you,' I said, my words as new and uncertain as a baby's. I was sixteen and in my bedroom, and I shook my head in an attempt to unscramble my thoughts. 'Not the tongue. The fire.'I shut my eyes, then opened them to make sure I hadn't made this thing up.[...]But Christian hadn't taken his eyes off me, and in his expression I saw a slew of emotions: shame, defiance, fury. Fear, but not for himself. For me. I saw my big brother, who carried me off the ledge at Suicide Rock when I froze up. [...] Who thought I was a fool and had no problem telling me so, but who stuck up for me anyway."
Author: Lauren Myracle
9. "A simile committing suicide is always a depressing spectacle."
Author: Oscar Wilde
10. "The Soul's Awakening expression on his face became intensified. Before my revolted eyes Augustus Fink-Nottle definitely smirked."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
11. "In a few more days I'd anticipated telling Veronika that our injections had cured her heart condition. But in light of her unscheduled departure form Villette my telling that particular lie will not be required. The majority of people who attempt suicide repeat that attempt until they succeed. I took a risk in lying to her about her condition, i decided to test the only remedy i have come to have any faith in: awareness of life. Until she finds out from some other doctor that she is perfectly healthy. She'll consider each day a miracle. Which in my view it is."
Author: Paulo Coelho
12. "I mightn't be a shaman in the indigenous sense, but as a world-bridger between Western culture and the indigenous world, I knew I was playing a shamanistic role. Language was my medicine and with it I would do my best to record my awakening and help heal with my words... The journey isn't over yet."
Author: Rak Razam
13. "You are the common denominator in all your life experience. (Book 2- Awakening Power)"
Author: Shawn L. Bird
14. "A superstitious belief which embraces an error keeps the possibility open that the truth may come to arouse it; but when the truth is there, and the superstitious mode of apprehending it transforms it into a lie, no saving awakening is possible."
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
15. "Darwin's theory was received in Russia with profound sympathy. While in Western Europe it met firmly established old traditions which it had first to overcome, in Russia its appearance coincided with the awakening of our society after the Crimean War and here it immediately received the status of full citizenship and ever since has enjoyed widespread popularity."
Author: Vladimir Onufrievich Kovalevskiĭ
16. "Yeah – Sure I rememberMatter of fact it was just last SeptemberShe still calls it the fall to rememberLittle Heather when it all came togetherYou remember the first time you met her?She cried when it rained and blamed the weatherBut inside she strained with suicide lettersThe kind of cold you couldn't warm with a sweater Hardly lasted past December She said she was headed down to defeat That's the last you'd seen and never had dreamed That the same little Heather – It's who you saw last weekIn an instant you couldn't have missed her gleamAs she listened she looked like a distant queen With a difference, there for all to seeShe found a different – A different kind of free"
Quotes About Ednas Suicide In The Awakening Pictures