Famous Quotes About Elisabeth
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Elisabeth.
Top Quotes About Elisabeth
1. "In 1972 I married again, to Elisabeth Case; she continues to be wife, companion, critic and editor: a partner in the projects and programs that we undertake."
Author: Douglass North
2. "Elisabeth had not had her future and her parents had not had theirs, there was nothing to this so-called future which was always promised to the young."
Author: Ingeborg Bachmann
3. "'Mad Men' is a hard act to follow. Unless you're called Elisabeth Moss, stuff like this only comes along once in your career."
Author: Jared Harris
4. "Anne-Elisabeth had taken the music from Dr. Horvath and was looking through it. 'I see finger-cramping possibilities, William - lots of them,' she told him.I see music,' William said, winking at her. 'Lots of it."
Author: John Irving
5. "Elisabeth Hasselbeck could run for vice president."
Author: Joy Behar
6. "Ryan has this blank, way too innocent expression. "Don't worry, Mr. Risk. I'd love to help Elisabeth."He turns to me and smiles. This smile isn't genuine or heartwarming, but cocky as hell.Bring it, jock boy. Your best won't be good enough."
Author: Katie McGarry
7. "In those years when their mother disappeared into herself, and old Mrs Jeffrey next door turned into Frannie, their honorary grandmother, Alice also taught herself how to change light bulbs, fix running toilets and cook chops and veggies while Elisabeth learned how to demand refunds, pay bills, fill in forms and talk to strangers."
Author: Liane Moriarty
8. "It seemed truly frightening that it was only by sheer chance that she had met Nick. It could so easily not have happened and then she would have had a shadowy, half-alive existence, like some sort of woodland creature who never sees sunlight, never even knowing how much she could love and how much she could be loved. Elisabeth once said — very definitely and severely — that the right man didn't complete you, you have to find happiness yourself, and Alice nodded agreeably, while thinking to herself, 'Oh, but yes he does."
Author: Liane Moriarty
9. "Naveen: Oh, come on. Throw a guy a bone.Elisabeth: Are you a dog?Naveen: Are you a bitch?That was how we became friends."
Author: Megan Hart
10. "Elisabeth was the same as ever, and I was the same as ever around her; no longer a confident college senior, I was diminished in her golden presence. In the stale air of the train car, I felt as limp and wrinkled as the sad linen dress I was wearing. While she looked as pressed and poised as a mannequin, not a wrinkle or smudge on her smart silk suit, despite the red dust blowing in through the inadequate windows."
Author: Melanie Benjamin
11. "Elisabeth and Darcy merely looked at one another in awkward silence, until the latter reached both arms around her. She was frozen. "What does he mean to do?" she thought. But his intentions were respectable, for Darcy merely meant to retrieve his Brown Bess, which Elisabeth had affixed to her back during her walk. She rememberd the lead ammunition in her pocket and offered it to him. "Your balls, Mr. Darcy?" He reached out and closed her hand around them, and offered, "They belong to you, Miss Bennet."
Author: Seth Grahame Smith
12. "Dijo que a una chica como Mary Elisabeth no deberías decirle que está guapa. Deberías decirle lo bonito que es su conjunto, porque su conjunto es elección suya, mientras que su cara no lo es."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
13. "Some of the writers I've praised are Sara Paretsky, Val McDermid, Elisabeth George and Minette Walters. Strangely enough, almost all are women."
Author: Stieg Larsson
Quotes About Elisabeth Pictures