Famous Quotes About Ellen Portia
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Ellen Portia.
Top Quotes About Ellen Portia
1. "[That was] the old Ellen Gulden, the girl who would walk over her mother in golf shoes, who scared students away from writing seminars, who started work on Monday after graduating from Harvard with honors on a Thursday, who loved the moments in the office when she would look out at the impenetrable black of the East River, starred with the reflected lights of Queens, with only the cleaning crew for company, and think of her various superiors out at dinner parties and restaurants and her various similars out at downtown clubs or cheap but authentic places in Chinatown and say to herself, 'I'm getting ahead.' That Ellen Gulden, the one her boss suspected of using the dying-mother ploy to get more money or a better job title, would have covered every inch of [this datebook] with the frantic scribble of unexamined ambition."
Author: Anna Quindlen
2. "I believe I went through a divorce. My relationship with Ellen is no less significant as a marriage than my relationship to Coley."
Author: Anne Heche
3. "The decisions that Ellen made on her show were between her and her producers. I supported her decisions. I was there to hug her when she got home."
Author: Anne Heche
4. "Outside the Weirwall, Jack could hear the thud of bodies colliding and the cries of the wounded. It seemed like a lot of noise. Even given the fact that Ellen was involved."Why'd she go out there?" Jack demanded. "Why didn't you stop her?"Brooks spat on the ground. "Have you ever tried to stop Captain Stephenson from anythin'?"
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
5. "It will be full dark soon, and I do not like the look of that sky. The temperature is falling as well," he added, rubbing his hands together briskly. "I think we shall be in for a bit of snow from the look of the cloud just over the Downs." Naturally the gentlemen had to spend another quarter of an hour debating the weather as the ladies stood shivering, Portia rolling her eyes at me behind Father's back. In the end they all agreed that, yes, it was indeed growing colder and darker and we ought to depart at once for the Abbey."
Author: Deanna Raybourn
6. "In a rash moment he decided to lie his way to the truth. If he wasn't mistaken, Ellen Magnusson had had very little experience with the police. She would assume that they searched for the truth by being honest themselves. She was the one who would lie, not the police."
Author: Henning Mankell
7. "When William Johnson and slave walked down that long, winding American road toward freedom and justice, they didn't realize they would be speaking out for all those left behind. They learned that it would take hard work to make the words of the Declaration of Independence mean what they said. Ellen and William Craft were willing to do their part."
Author: Joy Hakim
8. "On 'The Guiding Light' I enjoyed working with Jamie Goodwin and Ellen Parker, who played my sister. I loved working with Jerry Ver Dorn and Jay Hammer. I mean, there's some great fun people that I've really enjoyed."
Author: Kassie DePaiva
9. "I never hear about dear Mike. I wrote Ellen Greene and asked about him and she replyed and never mentioned Mike but told me all about her roomatism. As if I cared about her roomatism."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
10. "I looked up at Ellen and her not-glowing pentagram. "Harm none is the rule, Ellen: bad witch, no cookie."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
11. "Notkolle painunut sohva, jolla he istuivat, suuri, korkea kirjoituspöytä ja äidin hauras, leikkauksilla koristettu tuoli sen edessä, hylly, jonka lokerot olivat vielä täynnä hänen hienolla käsialallaan kirjoitettuja papereita, kulunut matto - kaikki, kaikki oli samanlaista kuin ennen, vain Ellen puuttui, Ellen ja hänen vieno sitruunan ja rautayrtin tuoksunsa ja vinojen silmiensä hellä katse. Scarlett tunsi tuskan vihlaisevan sydäntään, niinkuin syvän haavan turruttamat hermot olisivat alkaneet jälleen elää. Hän ei saanut antaa niiden herätä nyt. Hänellä oli edessään koko loput elämäänsä, jolloin niitä saisi kivistää, mutta ei nyt!"
Author: Margaret Mitchell
12. "He would never be any different and now Scarlett realize the truth and accepted it without emotion - that until he died Gerald would always be waiting for Ellen, always listening for her. Her was in some dim borderline country where time was standing still and Ellen was always in the next room. The mainspring of his existence was taken away when she died and with it has gone his bounding assurance, his impudence and his restless vitality. Ellen was the audience before which the blustering drama of Gerald O'Hara had been played Now the curtain had been rung down forever, the footlights dimmed and the audience suddenly vanished, while the stunned old actor remained on his empty stage, waiting for his cues."
Author: Margaret Mitchell
13. "He even said you once threw al your husband's clothes onto the street and invited the neighbors to help themselves!" says Ellen with a bright laugh. "He's got such an imagination!"My face flames. Damn. I thought he was asleep when I did that."
Author: Sophie Kinsella
14. "You'll need to do a better job, Annabelle. No more dates like the first one tonight.""Agreed. And no more making me sit through your Power Matches introductions, either. As you so wisely pointed out, helping Portia Powers isn't in my best interests.""Then why are you still trying to talk me into seeing Melanie again?""Hunger makes me weird.""You got rid of the last one in fourteen minutes. Well done. I'm rewarding you by letting you sit in on all the introductions from now on."She nearly choked on an ice cube. "What are you talking about?""Exactly what I said."
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
15. "I am not saying we are categorizing Ellen White in the biblical context of a false prophet."
Author: Walter Martin
Quotes About Ellen Portia Pictures