Famous Quotes About Emotional Quotient
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Emotional Quotient.
Top Quotes About Emotional Quotient
1. "Watch it...people who keep things inside them develop all sorts of disease...all that emotional gunk's got to find an outlet. Angry people develop cysts; stubborn people get arthritis; resentful people die of cancer."
Author: Arlene J. Chai
2. "This is emotional blackmail.''No, it's life."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
3. "Sometimes a script comes along that really makes you sit up and pay attention... 'Life at These Speeds' has an emotional intensity that really kicked me in the guts."
Author: Douglas Booth
4. "That men of this kind despise women, though a not uncommon belief, is one which hardly appears to be justified. Indeed, though naturally not inclined to 'fall in love' in this direction, such men are by their nature drawn rather near to women, and it would seem that they often feel a singular appreciation and understanding of the emotional needs and destinies of the other sex, leading in many cases to a genuine though what is called 'Platonic' friendship. There is little doubt that they are often instinctively sought after by women, who, without suspecting the real cause, are conscious of a sympathetic chord in the homogenic which they miss in the normal man."
Author: Edward Carpenter
5. "In the modern industrialized Western world, where I come from, the person whom you choose to marry is perhaps the single most vivid representation of your own personality. Your spouse becomes the most gleaming possible mirror through which your emotional individualism is reflected back to the world. There is no choice more intensely personal after all, than whom you choose to marry; that choice tells us, to a large extent, who you are."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
6. "We have three centers: the emotional center, the intellectual center, and the physical body center. Each one of them has its own intelligence. How much better would we be if all three were working in unison?"
Author: Erin Gray
7. "Well, softness and femininity like yours people don't expect of me; so when they find me emotional and capable of real vulnerability, they're surprised."
Author: Faye Dunaway
8. "I'm exchanging molecules every 30 days with the natural world and in a spiritual sense I know I am a part of it and take my photographs from that emotional feeling within me, rather than from an emotional distance as a spectator."
Author: Galen Rowell
9. "There are realities we all share, regardless of our nationality, language, or individual tastes. As we need food, so do we need emotional nourishment: love, kindness, appreciation, and support from others."
Author: J. Donald Walters
10. "Love can be such a mysterious muse and seductress... spinning her magical web of stardust and emotional euphoria. True love sang her siren song and we wrapped that song around us like the sweetest melody."
Author: Jaeda DeWalt
11. "We spend vast amounts of our time an emotional energy in learning how not to be natural and in eluding the trap of our own nature and it therefore becomes very difficult to know exactly what is meant when we speak of the unnatural. It is not possible to have it both ways, to use nature at one time as the final arbiter of human conduct and at another to oppose her as angrily as we do."
Author: James Baldwin
12. "We want character but without unyielding conviction; we want strong morality but without the emotional burden of guilt or shame; we want virtue but without particular moral justifications that invariably offend; we want good without having to name evil; we want decency without the authority to insist upon it; we want more community without any limitations to personal freedom. In short, we want what we cannot possibly have on the terms that we want it."
Author: James Davison Hunter
13. "I outline in some detail, but even after the outline is done I often get a new idea that is an improvement, so the outline is a living, breathing thing as well. I also re-outline when I'm two-thirds done, to be sure that there is an emotional payoff from all the plot lines and to be sure the story is as tight as it can be."
Author: Jeff Abbott
14. "Of course, I have the emotional ups and downs of pregnancy, like crying jags for no reason and then the next day I can't even remember what I was crying about!"
Author: Jodi Sweetin
15. "Delhi is my emotional home. I still dream of owning a home there."
Author: Kabir Bedi
16. "When you leave home to follow your dreams, your road will probably be riddled with potholes, not always paved in happy Technicolor bricks. You'll probably be kicked to the ground 150 million times and told you're nuts by friends and strangers alike. As you progress you may feel lonely or terrified for your physical and emotional safety. You may overestimate your own capabilities or fail to live up to them, and you'll surely fall flat on your face once in a while."
Author: Kelly Cutrone
17. "Even his highly emotional Italian mother didn't believe that true love could blossom overnight. Like his brothers and sisters-in-law, she wanted nothing more for him than to marry and start a family, but if he showed up at her doorstep and said that he'd met someone two days ago and knew she was the one for him, his mother would smack him with a broom, curse in Italian, and drag him to church, sure that he had some serious sins that needed confessing."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
18. "The title came rather early in one of Ringo's more tired and emotional moments."
Author: Richard Lester
19. "According to all reason astrology should have died once the facts were known. That it did not implies that its original philosophic structure contains some truths that it refuses to let consciousness evade. With all of our science, our rational approaches to the world, astrology remains. The entire situation is like a recurring nightmare that most doctors agree serves to force an individual to come to terms with an intense emotional situation. That there is knowledge below the level of consciousness is signaled by the dream through which it makes itself known symbolically."
Author: Testy McTesterson
20. "The first part of emotional healing is being limbically known - having someone with a keen ear catch your melodic essence. (170)"
Author: Thomas Lewis
Quotes About Emotional Quotient Pictures