Famous Quotes About Ending Relationships And Starting New Ones
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Ending Relationships And Starting New Ones.
Top Quotes About Ending Relationships And Starting New Ones
1. "Irrevocable commitment to any religion is not only intellectual suicide; it is positive unfaith because it closes the mind to any new vision of the world. Faith is, above all, openness - an act of trust in the unknown."
Author: Alan Wilson Watts
2. "I believe public education is the new civil rights battle and I support charter schools."
Author: Andrew Cuomo
3. "There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt."
Author: Audre Lorde
4. "The compelling thing about making art—or making anything, I suppose—is the moment when the vaporous, insubstantial idea becomes a solid there, a thing, a substance in a world of substances. Circe, Nimbue, Artemis, Athena, all the old sorceresses: they must have known the feeling as they transformed mere men into fabulous creatures, stole the secrets of the magicians, disposed armies: ah, look, there it is, the new thing. Call it a swine, a war, a laurel tree. Call it art."
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
5. "I would be quite satisfied if my novels (especially the ones I set in the past) did no more than teach my readers that their past - with all its imperfections - was not one long night of savagery from which the first Europeans acting on God's behalf delivered them"
Author: Chinua Achebe
6. "It will be you—-you who urge us on to battle you who incite us against ourselves you who would have one cobbler kill another cobbler you who would have one man who works kill another man who works you who would have one human being who wants only to live kill another human being who wants only to live. Remember this. Remember this well you people who plan for war. Remember this you patriots you fierce ones you spawners of hate you inventors of slogans. Remember this as you have never remembered anything else in your lives."
Author: Dalton Trumbo
7. "My favorite is still the one that I started off with, which is a Les Paul Standard. I've played that at every gig I've ever had. And that's my starting point in the studio."
Author: Dan Hawkins
8. "New Rome will be destroyedBy the attacks of new vandals.God always remains silent."
Author: Dejan Stojanovic
9. "But when you're in front of an audience and you make them laugh at a new idea, you're guiding the whole being for the moment. No one is ever more him/herself than when they really laugh. Their defenses are down. It's very Zen-like, that moment. They are completely open, completely themselves when that message hits the brain and the laugh begins. That's when new ideas can be implanted. If a new idea slips in at that moment, it has a chance to grow."
Author: George Carlin
10. "Most of us who turn to any subject with love remember some morning or evening hour when we got on a high stool to reach down an untried volume, or sat with parted lips listening to a new talker, or for very lack of books began to listen to the voices within, as the first traceable beginning of our love."
Author: George Eliot
11. "Tell me a story,' demanded Fireflyer.'Why? Do you eat them, too, then?''Only the ohs and ayes and ees and oos. The Kays are too spikey and the zeds are too buzzzy and the ones with the dots get stuck in your teeth and the esses sometimes slide down inside your vest and tickle."
Author: Geraldine McCaughrean
12. "I've always loved doing covers. Some artists don't like covers. Some listeners don't like covers. But I love them. It gives you a new perspective production-wise. It's easier for me, if I'm starting a new record, I like to produce a few songs that aren't mine just so it frees me up not to worry about it so much."
Author: Greg Laswell
13. "Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread."
Author: H.P. Lovecraft
14. "It would be mortifying to the feelings of many ladies, could they be made to understand how little the heart of a man is affected by what is costly or new in their attire... Woman is fine for her own satisfaction alone. No man will admire her the more, no woman will like her the better for it. Neatness and fashion are enough for the former, and a something of shabbiness or impropriety will be most endearing to the latter."
Author: Jane Austen
15. "To a new generation of butterflies, hopefully less stupid than last.Maybe they were burgeoning even now in fat little cocoons. Or maybe not."
Author: Laini Taylor
16. "And wouldn't we be better off if every New Year's, we thought about the things we did right and we resolved to keep doing them, no matter how wacky they were."
Author: Lisa Scottoline
17. "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Author: Marjorie Pay Hinckley
18. "Scientists surely have a special responsibility. It is their ideas that form the basis of new technology. They should not be indifferent to the fruits of their ideas. They should forgo experiments that are risky or unethical."
Author: Martin Rees
19. "For thirty-two years I went shopping with my coupon box in towwithout ever seeing another consumer with either a coupon box orbinder. Not once. I spotted small coupon wallets that fit in a purseor envelopes of coupons, but never a box or binder. By early 2011,I was beginning to see women with coupon binders everywhere Iwent. All of a sudden, couponing was hot. It was as if couponingwas a totally new concept, and yet coupons had been around forover 125 years."
Author: Mary Potter Kenyon
20. "It was an incredible resource. I'd sit with a big stack of bound New Yorkers in the library and read through, especially the 'Talk of the Town' sections."
Author: Michael Chabon
21. "Into darkness will I fade,Into a night that Man has made,But through that gloom shall gleam the sunWhen I am lost, and again am won.Release! Release! I call to theeIn new lands across the sea:Let, another on narrow pathways, come to me.Furthest and Highest,yet not beyond reach.Choose thou well a path that will teachHow the sunken is raisedand emptiness is filledand a wandering heart can finally be stilled.Seek the great stone! Mark it well,with a sign.That the one who shall followShall see it is mine,and seeing, shall ponder and certainly knowAs the Ancients have writ: "As above, so below."And I shall guard the Source of Greatness;Waiting by a teardropFrom neither joy nor sorrow born,In silver bound, beneath the ground,I am the spiral horn."
Author: Michael Green
22. "Kovacs to a female believer in New Revelation: "..I'm calling you a gutless betrayer of your sex. I can see your husband's angle, he's a man, he's got everything to gain from this crapshit. But you? You've thrown away centuries of political struggle and scientific advance so you can sit in the dark and mutter your superstitions of unworth to yourself. You'll let your life, the most precious thing you have, be stolen from you hour by hour and day by day as long as you can eke out the existence your males will let you have. And then, when you finally die, and I hope it's soon, sister, I really do, then at the last you'll spite your own potential and shirk the final power we've won for ourselves to come back and try again. You'll do all of this because of your fucking faith, and if that child in your belly is female, then you'll condemn her to the same fucking thing"
Author: Richard K. Morgan
23. "Although social media is a relatively new form of communication, it has become the primary way retailers and customers are interfacing."
Author: Ryan Holmes
24. "She had wandered so far from the rules of propriety that she was making up new ones just to keep from sinking into the abyss."
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
25. "In the beginning, New York and I had kind of a love-hate relationship. It seemed so abrasive compared to Europe. But the transformation here in recent years is really something. I don't think I would have seen as much change if I'd lived in any other city in the world."
Author: Shalom Harlow
26. "The younger and healthier a woman is and the more her new and glossy body seems destined for eternal freshness, the less useful is artifice; but the carnal weakness of this prey that man takes and its ominous deterioration always have to be hidden from him...In any case, the more traits and proportions of a woman seem contrived, the more she delighted the heart of man because she seemed to escape the metamorphosis of natural things. The result is this strange paradox that by desiring to grasp nature, but transfigured, in woman, man destines her to artifice."
Author: Simone De Beauvoir
27. "My new story collection won't please everyone, nor was it meant to. Then again, not everybody lives in my world. If they did, I'd have to move out and find another world to write about."
Author: Ted Gargiulo
28. "We must think differently, look at things in a different way. Peace requires a world of new concepts, new definitions."
Author: Yitzhak Rabin
29. "Thanks to the people that walked in to my life and made it better. And thanks to the ones who walked out and made it amazing"
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Ending Relationships And Starting New Ones Pictures