Famous Quotes About Ending Relationships
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Ending Relationships.
Top Quotes About Ending Relationships
1. "Our higher needs include making full use of our gifts, finding and fulfilling our calling, being loved and cherished just for ourselves, and being in relationships that honor all of these. Such needs are fulfilled in an atmosphere of the five A's by which love is shown: attention, acceptance, appreciation, affection, and allowing."
Author: David Richo
2. "The ceremonial oat tour." She reaches in the shopping bag and takes out the milk bar with almonds, ripping it open."It must be so hard for guys in relationships - to have just one girlfriend completely devoted to taking care of all your whole-grain needs. I can see how at the first opportunity you'd just have to get out there and - sow."
Author: Emma McLaughlin
3. "Every western I did and will do; I will do it for the never ending young kid inside of me."
Author: Franco Nero
4. "It was the last that remained of a past whose annihilation had not taken place because it was still in a process of annihilation, consuming itself from within, ending at every moment but never ending its ending."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
5. "The employment equation used to be built on a foundation of two-way loyalty. The world has changed. Today, successful employment relationships can only be sustained on a foundation of two-way honesty"
Author: Gyan Nagpal
6. "Please tell me a story about a girl who gets away."I would, even if I had to adapt one, even if I had to make one up just for her. "Gets away from what, though?""From her fairy godmother. From the happy ending that isn't really happy at all. Please have her get out and run off of the page altogether, to somewhere secret where words like 'happy' and 'good' will never find her.""You don't want her to be happy and good?""I'm not sure what's really meant by happy and good. I would like her to be free. Now. Please begin."
Author: Helen Oyeyemi
7. "Most friendships are bound to a specific time, place or season. Some women characterize these relationships as having expiration dates or shelf lives, because friendships tend to run their natural course."
Author: Irene S. Levine
8. "Some come and leave fulfilling a single purpose; others, for a time or a season to teach us by their experiences; and last, a select few who participate with relationships that endure eternity."
Author: Jaren L. Davis
9. "Where are we?" She sat up."My room at the cabin.""Your room?"He propped himself up on one elbow and shrugged his other shoulder. "Needed someplace soft to land. Besides...Now when you teleport without a destination you've got a fifty-fifty chance of either ending up in the lake, or in my bed. I have to say, I like those odds.""Ha-ha."
Author: Jena Leigh
10. "Learners are encouraged to discover facts and relationships for themselves."
Author: Jerome Bruner
11. "By ending the Hussein regime, the United States has taken away yet another incubator of terrorism."
Author: Jim Gerlach
12. "Ever console or scold people hurt in human relationships that satisfaction comes from God alone? Stop. Adam's fellowship with God was perfect, and God Himself declared Adam needed other humans."
Author: John Ortberg Jr.
13. "The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e. the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force. The class which has the means of material production at its disposal, has control at the same time over the means of mental production, so that thereby, generally speaking, the ideas of those who lack the means of mental production are subject to it. The ruling ideas are nothing more than the ideal expression of the dominant material relationships, the dominant material relationships grasped as ideas."
Author: Karl Marx
14. "Positive, healthy, loving relationships in your twenties... I don't know if anyone would disagree with it: I think they're the exception, not the norm. People are either playing house really aggressively because they're scared of what an uncertain time it is, or they're avoiding commitment altogether."
Author: Lena Dunham
15. "Slowly, even though I thought it would never happen, New York lost its charm for me. I remember arriving in the city for the first time, passing with my parents through the First World's Club bouncers at Immigration, getting into a massive cab that didn't have a moment to waste, and falling in love as soon as we shot onto the bridge and I saw Manhattan rise up through the looks of parental terror reflected in the window. I lost my virginity in New York, twice (the second one wanted to believe he was the first so badly). I had my mind blown open by the combination of a liberal arts education and a drug-popping international crowd. I became tough. I had fun. I learned so much.But now New York was starting to feel empty, a great party that had gone on too long and was showing no sign of ending soon. I had a headache, and I was tired. I'd danced enough. I wanted a quiet conversation with someone who knew what load-shedding was."
Author: Mohsin Hamid
16. "What I try to do in the book is to trace the chain of relationships running from elementary particles, fundamental building blocks of matter everywhere in the universe, such as quarks, all the way to complex entities, and in particular complex adaptive system like jaguars."
Author: Murray Gell Mann
17. "An ending is an artificial device; we like endings, they are satisfying, convenient, and a point has been made. But time does not end, and stories march in step with time."
Author: Penelope Lively
18. "Still the king would have turned away, but Schmendrick touched his arm and leaned near. "It's true, you know," he whispered. "But for him--but for them all--the tale would have worked out quite another way, and who can say that the ending would have been even as happy as this? You must be their king, and you must rule them as kindly as you would a braver and more faithful folk. For they are your fate."
Author: Peter S. Beagle
19. "I think I meant that, given the circumstances of my childhood, I had the illusion that it's easier to be alone. To have your relationships be casual and also to pose as a solitary person, because it was more romantic. You know, I was raised on the idea of the ramblin' man and the loner."
Author: Steve Martin
20. "We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us."
Author: Thomas S. Monson
21. "Open relationships can give you the freedom to create unique relationships, explore yourself and your sexuality, and challenge society's expectations."
Author: Tristan Taormino
Quotes About Ending Relationships Pictures