Famous Quotes About Entertaining Someone Else
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Entertaining Someone Else.
Top Quotes About Entertaining Someone Else
1. "He reacted like I slapped him, and I hated hurting him, but I knew he needed to know. "He doesn't deserve it. He can have any girl in the world's love, and he took yours. Someone who deserves so much more than a summer fling." He stood and started to walk away, but stopped and glanced back at me. "If you were mine, I would never let you go." He left the kitchen."
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "There always has to be someone to take the punches. That's how it works. It isn't fair, it isn't right, but that kid licking slop off the floor over there means that we get to eat in peace."
Author: Alexander Gordon Smith
3. "If someone knows me and likes me or my work, they're more likely to allow me to tell their story. But it also cuts the other way."
Author: Anderson Cooper
4. "You can't make a fan of everyone. Stay true to your story, characters, music, art or whatever it is you do and fuck everyone else who doesn't like it. Life isn't perfect."
Author: Ann Marie Frohoff
5. "A basic reality of life is that we all struggle. We hurt and have hurt other people. We all feel lost sometimes. This isn't all we are, but it is a part of who we are. The only question I have when I'm with someone is, "Can they admit it? And will they let me admit it too?"
Author: Anna White
6. "Café Flore is packed, shimmering, every table filled. Bentley notices this with a grim satisfaction but Bentley feels lost. He's still haunted by the movie Grease and obsessed with legs that he always felt were too skinny though no one else did and it never hampered his modeling career and he's still not over a boy he met at a Styx concert in 1979 in a stadium somewhere in the Midwest, outside a town he has not been back to since he left it at eighteen, and that boy's name was Cal, who pretended to be straight even though he initially fell for Bentley's looks but Cal knew Bentley was emotionally crippled and the fact that Bentley didn't believe in heaven didn't make him more endearing so Cal drifted off and inevitably became head of programming at HBO for a year or two. Bentley sits down, already miked, and lights a cigarette. Next to them Japanese tourists study maps, occasionally snap photos. This is the establishing shot."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
7. "Oh, do you have A Tale of Two Cities?""That silly thing? Men going around getting their heads chopped off for love? Ridiculus." Will unpeeled himself from the door and made his way toward Tessa where she stood by the bookshelves. He gestured expansively at the vast number of volumes all around him. "No, here you'll find all sorts of advice about how to chop off someone else's head if you need to; much more useful."
Author: Cassandra Clare
8. "All marriages have a time limit if you enter them for the wrong reasons. Marriage doesn't get eadier... it only gets harder. If you marry someone hoping it will improve things, you might as well set your timer the second you say, 'I do."
Author: Colleen Hoover
9. "Take it from someone who's read the Wikipedia entry: this is how the Ottoman Empire was won: madden horsemen fueled by lethal jet-black coffee-mud."
Author: Cory Doctorow
10. "Someday," said the Boy-Who-Lived, "when the distant descendants of Homo sapiens are looking back over the history of the galaxy and wondering how it all went so wrong, they will conclude that the original mistake was when someone taught Hermione Granger how to read."
Author: Eliezer Yudkowsky
11. "Here are five rules of thumb, should all your fingers on one hand turn into thumbs and you decide to rule them.1. There is no day too dull, no problem too great that cannot be fixed with a couple of plays of 'rush rush' by Paula Abdul.2. The amount of time it takes for you to get over him is exactly the same amount of time it will take for him to start missing you.3. Talking about exercise burns exactly the same amount of calories as doing exercise.4. 'When someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!'5. The office sucks.Four of these are true. And one - is wrong! Damn wrong!"
Author: Hadley Freeman
12. "Make sure you visualize what you really want, not what someone else wants for you."
Author: Jerry Gillies
13. "But you know what else never happened to me?""Tell me," he ordered, still...freaking...grinning."Seeing him just a day later in a clinch with a brunette.""You knew me, you'd know she didn't have staying power and you'd know you do.""And how's that?" I snapped."She's dark, you're red. I'll fuck dark, I'll fuck sun but only red has staying power. Considered sun once. Lost her. Now it's you."
Author: Kristen Ashley
14. "What is a saint? A saint is someone who has achieved a remote human possibility. It is impossible to say what that possibility is. I think it has something to do with the energy of love. Contact with this energy results in the exercise of a kind of balance in the chaos of existence. A saint does not dissolve the chaos; if he did the world would have changed long ago. I do not think that a saint dissolves the chaos even for himself, for there is something arrogant and warlike in the notion of a man setting the universe in order. It is a kind of balance that is his glory. He rides the drifts like an escaped ski. His course is a caress of the hill. His track is a drawing of the snow in a moment of its particular arrangement with wind and rock. Something in him so loves the world that he gives himself to the laws of gravity and chance. Far from flying with the angels, he traces with the fidelity of a seismograph needle the state of the solid bloody landscape."
Author: Leonard Cohen
15. "Remember it is your choice; you can either wait for someone or end someone's waiting."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
16. "He was possessed of a belief that nothing existed, or to be more precise, that only when things were perceived could we be sure that they existed. He troubled himself in arguments, therefore, that when he was not in his chamber, and no one else was in his chamber, there was no one who could say beyond a shadow of a doubt that his desk still existed... or that the bed had not simply frayed into atoms...[Dr. 03-01] developed the habit of quietly leaving company quite suddenly and charging above-stairs to his bedchamber, throwing open the door, and crying "Ah ha!" He found, always, that matter had retained its dubious solidity in his absence; but this did not deter him."
Author: M.T. Anderson
17. "It was more freeing, mainly because he's so free anyway. He just is in his performance. So to mimic someone doing a free performance, well, that's pretty freeing within itself."
Author: Michael Welch
18. "All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was."
Author: Ralph Ellison
19. "I went to bed and woke in the middle of the night thinking I heard someone cry, thinking I myself was weeping, and I felt my face and it was dry.Then I looked at the window and thought: Why, yes, it's just the rain, the rain, always the rain, and turned over, sadder still, and fumbled about for my dripping sleep and tried to slip it back on."
Author: Ray Bradbury
20. "You cannot block someone from your life who doesn't want to be blocked."
Author: Tamar Cohen
21. "Love is fragile at best and often a burden or something that blinds us. It's fodder for poets and song writers and they build it into something beyond human capacity. Falling in love means enrolling yourself in the school of disappointment. Being human means failing each other often, and no two people fail each other more than two people who pledge to do things for each other that they'll never do because they are just incapable of it...That's why art is enduring. The look of love or hope, or the look of compassion, bravery, whatever, is captured forever. We spend our lives trying to get someone to be as enduring as a painting or a sculpture and we can't because feelings crumble as quickly as the flesh."
Author: V.C. Andrews
22. "You see, our hard-earned saving are always going to be taken away from us by someone - whether we have any or not."
Author: Yasutaka Tsutsui
23. "It just goes against nature for a thinking and seeing being to live among these irregularities and unknown X's. It is as if someone blindfolds you and then makes you walk around like that and you feel your way around, stumbling, and you know that there is an edge somewhere very nearby and that it would only that one step for the only thing left of you to be a flattened, mangled piece of meat. Isn't that just about the same thing I'm going through?"
Author: Yevgeny Zamyatin
Quotes About Entertaining Someone Else Pictures