Famous Quotes About Eona
Browse 125 famous quotes and sayings about Eona.
Top Quotes About Eona
1. "While I did that, my own eyes got wet, not fakely, and I blinked the wetness away because it was not my privilege to be sad. Leonard Brodsky was the one who was hurt, and I was the one who'd hurt him, and it didn't matter that I hadn't wanted to hurt him or that I didn't know how I'd hurt him. It didn't matter that I knew not what I did to him. It didn't need a name to be wrong. It didn't need reasons I could understand. Verbosity is like the iniquity of idolatry."
Author: Adam Levin
2. "History does not care about the suffering of the individual. Only the outcome of their struggles.-P 462 Master Tozay to Eona"
Author: Alison Goodman
3. "Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio - he be soo gorgeous, no wonder all the ladies flockin' to him - He be Gatsby."
Author: Amitabh Bachchan
4. "To irrational principles, one cannot be loyal. Ideas that are not derived from reality cannot be consistently practiced in reality.--as quoted by Leonard Peikoff in "Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand"
Author: Ayn Rand
5. "Leonardo's Mona Lisa is just a thousand thousand smears of paint. Michelangelo's David is just a million hits with a hammer. We're all of us a million bits put together the right way."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
6. "I am reminded, now, of Leonardo's advice to painters: You should fix your eyes, he says, on certain walls stained with damp. You will see in these the likenesses of divine landscapes, adorned with mountains, ruins, rocks, extensive plains; and you will see there battles and strange figures engaged in violent actions. For in such walls the same thing happens as in the sound of church bells, in whose reverberations you may find every word imaginable."
Author: Ciarán Carson
7. "Leonardo believed his research had thepotential to convert millions to a more spiritual life. Last year he categorically proved the existence ofan energy force that unites us all. He actually demonstrated that we are all physically connected… thatthe molecules in your body are intertwined with the molecules in mine… that there is a single forcemoving within all of us." Langdon felt disconcerted. And the power of God shall unite us all. "Mr. Vetra actually found a wayto demonstrate that particles are connected?""Conclusive evidence. A recent Scientific American article hailed New Physics as a surer path to Godthan religion itself."
Author: Dan Brown
8. "He built up a situation that was far enough from the truth. It never occurred to him that Helen was to blame. He forgot the intensity of their talk, the charm that had been lent him by sincerity, the magic of Oniton under darkness and of the whispering river. Helen loved the absolute. Leonard had been ruined absolutely, and had appeared to her as a man apart, isolated from the world. A real man, who cared for adventure and beauty, who desired to live decently and pay his way, who could have travelled more gloriously through life than the Juggernaut car that was crushing him."
Author: E.M. Forster
9. "The world is not everything Ruth. Nor is the want of men's good opinion and esteem the highest need which man has. Teach Leonard this. You would not wish his life to be one summer's day. You dared not make it so, if you had the power. Teach him to bid a noble, Christian welcome to the trials which God sends—and this is one of them. Teach him not to look on a life of struggle, and perhaps of disappointment and incompleteness, as a sad and mournful end, but as the means permitted to the heroes and warriors in the army of Christ, by which to show their faithful following. Tell him of the hard and thorny path which was trodden once by the bleeding feet of One. Think of the Saviour's life and cruel death, and of His divine faithfulness… We have all been cowards hitherto. God help us to be so no longer!"
Author: Elizabeth Gaskell
10. "You know, I think some people fear that if they like the wrong kind of book, it will reflect poorly on them. It can go with genre, too. Somebody will say, "I won't read science fiction, or I won't read young adult novels"—all of those genres can become prisons. I always find it funny when the serious literary world will make a little crack in its wall and allow in one pet genre writer and crown them and say, "Well Elmore Leonard is actually a real writer." Or "Stephen King is actually a really good writer." Generally speaking, you know you're being patronized when somebody uses the word "actually"
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
11. "Standing HereMy entire world far beneathmy feet, I should be filledwith pride. Instead, I feeloverwhelmed by a sense of defeat.Suddenly it comes to me,toes tempted to test the ledge,that there is a way out of this.Clam surety flows throughmy veins, and as I turn to wavegood-bye, I wonder if it willhurt or if a single personwill cry at my funeral.I take a deep breath, a finaltaste of sweet mountain air.I conjure Leona, Emily.Move my feet closer. CloserThere's Grandma One, GrandmaTwo, and their spouses, waitingfor me. I see Dad. Cara. Mommy.I screw up my courage, step over"
Author: Ellen Hopkins
12. "Travel releases spontaneity. You become a godlike creature full or choice, free to visit the stately pleasure domes, make love in the morning, sketch a bell tower, read a history of Byzantium, stare for one hour at the face of Leonardo da Vinci's 'Madonna dei fusi.' You open, as in childhood, and--for a time--receive this world. There's visceral aspect, too--the huntress who is free. Free to go, free to return home bringing memories to lay on the hearth."
Author: Frances Mayes
13. "Thank you Lilly, Leonard, MIles, I love you and I thank you"
Author: James Frey
14. "Have thought so much could change in one summer? Not me, that's for sure. Not my best buddy, Leonardo the Silent. Probably not the folks at Airbrook Arts Community School either. That's where I was supposed to start seventh grade in the fall. Supposed to. You"
Author: James Patterson
15. "It feels as honest as the day is crummy that I begin this tale of total desperation and woe with me, my pukey sister, Georgia, and Leonardo the Silent sitting like rotting sardines in the back of a Hills Village Police Department cruiser."
Author: James Patterson
16. "Leonard and Virginia married in August 1912. Virginia was 30. Soon after her marriage she suVered another breakdown and her mental health declined sporadically over the following year, culminating in a suicide attempt in September 1913. They were advised against having children because of Virginia's recurring depressive illness, a cause of some regret to her, and a point of much heated debate among her later biographers."
Author: Jane Goldman
17. "But this was the thought of a depressive. An aspiring depressive, at the time. That was the odd thing about Leonard's disease, the almost pleasurable way it began. At first his dark moods were closer to melancholy than to despair. There was something enjoyable about wandering around the city alone, feeling forlorn. There was even a sense of superiority, of being right, in not liking the things other kids liked."
Author: Jeffrey Eugenides
18. "You're brooding, Leonard, my friend. What's the problem?""I blew it with Fitzgerald.""I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. It was more like a nuclear disaster."
Author: Joe R. Lansdale
19. "It's over with, " Raul said, " You did all you could. You've got this tough-guy image. It's out of date. We fags, we don't have to do that. It's not in our makeup.""What's in my makeup is in my makeup," Leonard said. "I'm a man. I got balls. So do you. I like balls. I like your balls, but I'm still a man and I got to feel like a man. Maybe I'm some kind of anomaly or something. I don't know. I don't get it. But I like a man acts like a man without thinking it's being a bully. I can't explain it him, Hap. Can you?"
Author: Joe R. Lansdale
20. "I can never be perfectly certain whether Helen was got with child by Leonard Bast or by his fatal forgotten umbrella. All things considered, I think it must have been the umbrella."
Author: Katherine Mansfield
21. "I started as a songwriter and wanted to be like Leonard Cohen. I've always seen my stories as enlarged songs."
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
22. "If Kate Winslet had been the Duff, Leonardo DiCaprio wouldn't have been after her in Titanic and that could have saved all of us a lot of tears."
Author: Kody Keplinger
23. "Rumfoord had known that Constant would try to debase the picture by using it in commerce. Constant's father had done a similar thing when he found he could not buy Leonardo's "Mona Lisa" at any price. The old man had punished Mona Lisa by having her used in an advertising campaign for suppositories. It was the free-enterprise way of handling beauty that threatened to get the upper hand."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
24. "You touch the world even if you do not want it to touch you.-Leona Montgomery"
Author: Madeline Hunter
25. "…I suddenly discerned at my feet, crouching among the rocks for protection against the heat, the marine goddesses for whom Elstir had lain in wait and whom he had surprised there, beneath the dark glaze as lovely as Leonardo would have painted, the marvelous Shadows, sheltering furtively, nimble and silent, ready at the first glimmer of light to slip behind the stone, to hide in a cranny, and prompt, once the menacing ray had passed, to return to the rock or the seaweed over whose torpid slumbers they seemed to be keeping vigil, beneath the sun that crumbled the cliffs and the etiolated ocean, motionless lightfoot guardians darkening the water's surface with their viscous bodies and the attentive gaze of their deep blue eyes."
Author: Marcel Proust
26. "I had this extraordinarily bizarre moment when, two Fridays ago, my missus gave birth to our second child at 11am and by the same time the following day I was sitting around a table with Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio in Rabat in Morocco, rehearsing a scene we were going to shoot the next day."
Author: Mark Strong
27. "In this same library we saw some drawings by Michael Angelo (these Italians call him Mickel Angelo,) and Leonardo da Vinci. (They spell it Vinci and pronounce it Vinchy; foreigners always spell better than they pronounce.)"
Author: Mark Twain
28. "People should be nice to you, Leonard. You're a human being. You should expect people to be nice."
Author: Matthew Quick
29. "Theology alone doesn't convine anyone.Only those words which are pregnant with action, theology that is born of suffering, of struggles, of the poor--this theology is a testimony. This theology leads to conversion. (Leonardo Boff, p. 169)"
Author: Mev Puleo
30. "...the oppressor is truly repressed. Their poverty is existential, often surrounded by an abundance of material goods. (Leonardo Boff, p. 179)"
Author: Mev Puleo
31. "People say that God is a masculine adult who thinks. This is a machista view!A child says, "God plays." God is in the child. (Leonardo Boff, p. 167)"
Author: Mev Puleo
32. "Dear Leonard. To look life in the face. Always to look life in the face and to know it for what it is. At last to know it. To love it for what it is, and then, to put it away. Leonard. Always the years between us. Always the years. Always the love. Always the hours."
Author: Michael Cunningham
33. "I liked Roy Jones, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ali... those were the guys I was looking at growing up."
Author: Nonito Donaire
34. "While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.-Leonardo Da Vinci"
Author: Oliver Bowden
35. "That sounded so incredibly romantic. Of course, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet had thought the same thing in Titanic. And look how that had ended."
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
36. "I fought a boxer who everybody said I couldn't beat - Sugar Ray Leonard. They said he was faster than me. That he was the best of the best. And I beat him."
Author: Roberto Duran
37. "At times Leonardo was troubled by his lack of achievement. As a young man he appears to have developed a reputation for melancholia. "Leonardo," wrote a friend, "why so troubled?" A sad refrain runs through his notebooks: "Tell me if anything was ever done," he often sighs. Or in another place: "Tell me if ever I did a thing."
Author: Ross King
38. "I was being an artist, being sensitive and technical as artists are. I'm sure Leonardo Da Vinci did that. Artists don't always feel the same as others feel about their work."
Author: Roy Ayers
39. "You know, I think Chris Nolan is an incredibly intelligent filmmaker, and I think Leonardo DiCaprio is an incredibly talented actor."
Author: Ryan Kavanaugh
40. "Leonard Chess passed, and that was the end of the Chess label for that time."
Author: Solomon Burke
41. "Eunice had deposited St John upon the balcony of the first-floor apartment of former Liberal MP, The Rt. Hon. Leonard Cossins, the disgraced Lord Mayor of Mitchell-Baines who had been removed from office having been caught administering counterfeit buttercup syrup to the local yeomanry whilst on a hunting trip to Stoke-Poges."
Author: St John Morris
42. "Ascoltavo la mia prof preferita, quella di lettere. Stava spiegando che non si dice ma però, e neanche ma d'altra parte. Sono pleonasmi, allungano il discorso, e continuava a parlare, parlare e io pensavo che aveva ragione, ma però d'altra parte contemporaneamente d'altronde, per spiegarci di non farla lunga la stava facendo lunghissima, ma però non se ne accorgeva.E ci sono periodi molto maperò nella vita. Il fiume degli eventi ristagna e non si sa quale direzione prenderà, e andiamo alla deriva in acque torbide. Poi l'acqua diventa limpida, il torrente scorre, e tutto torna trasparente."
Author: Stefano Benni
43. "Ray Leonard was more of a favorite than Thomas Hearns that night."
Author: Thomas Hearns
44. "But after taking command of the Army of Italy in 1796, Napoleon took organized theft to a new level. ... The French also stole art at a new level: Napoleon requested that the government send him experts qualified to judge which paintings his men should steal; priceless canvases by Titian, Raphael, Rubens, and Leonardo da Vinci were shipped to Paris."
Author: Tom Reiss
45. "Whatever he learned from me, I learned well from Leonardo that teaching is a matter of drawing out from men what is already in their hearts, and that men learn only what they want to."
Author: Traci L. Slatton
46. "You couldn't find a more stylized boxer than Sugar Ray Leonard."
47. "This is my right; it is the right of every human being. I choose not the suffocating anesthetic of the suburbs, but the violent jolt of the Capital, that is my choice. The meanest patient, yes, even the very lowest is allowed some say in the matter of her own prescription. Thereby she defines her humanity. I wish, for your sake, Leonard, I could be happy in this quietness. [pause]But if it is a choice between Richmond and death, I choose death.."
Author: Virginia Woolf
48. "The Mona Lisa, the Mona Lisa....Leonardo had eye trouble....Art couldn't explain it....But now we're safe, since science can explain it. Maybe Milton wrote Paradise Lost because he was blind? And Beethoven wrote the Ninth Symphony because he was deaf..."
Author: William Gaddis
49. "LEONATOWell, then, go you into hell?BEATRICENo, but to the gate; and there will the devil meet me, like an old cuckold, with horns on his head, and say 'Get you to heaven, Beatrice, get you to heaven; here's no place for you maids:' so deliver I up my apes, and away to Saint Peter for the heavens; he shows me where the bachelors sit, and there live we as merry as the day is long."
Author: William Shakespeare
50. "LEONATOWell, niece, I hope to see you one day fitted with a husband.BEATRICENot till God make men of some other metal than earth. Would it not grieve a woman to be overmastered with a pierce of valiant dust? to make an account of her life to a clod of wayward marl? No, uncle, I'll none: Adam's sons are my brethren; and, truly, I hold it a sin to match in my kindred."
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Eona Pictures