Famous Quotes About Erato
Browse 275 famous quotes and sayings about Erato.
Top Quotes About Erato
1. "Personally, I want to die in dignity but my passing celebrated jollity. I've told my executors that I want a stand up comedian in the pulpit telling amusing anecdotes, and the coffin to slide into the incinerator to the sound of Marlene Dietrich. If the booze up can begin right away, so much the better, and with a bit of luck the crematorium will never be gloomy again. Anyone mourning should be denounced as the representative of a credit card company and thrown out on their ear. Snowballs if in season (tomatoes if not) can be thrown at anyone uttering even worthy cliches like "the struggle goes on" and should anyone be prepared to dodge pieces of concrete confrontation.If I have miscalculated, as a worthy clerical friend assures me I have, and there really is a God, I'd like to feel if he's got any sense of humor or feeling for humanity there's nobody he would sooner have in heaven than people like me, and if he hasn't, who wants in?"
Author: Albert Meltzer
2. "Fu davvero una grande cosa per me, perché il tennis è uno sport così solitario ed essere in grado di giocare per qualcun altro, per qualcos'altro, per qualcosa più grande di te ma comunque in relazione con te, è un grande senso di soddisfazione... e per me giocare per il mio Paese e, ancor più importante, giocare per realizzare ciò che mio padre aveva sperato e che non era riuscito a realizzare nella sua esperienza olimpica... sentivo che stavo giocando per qualcosa più grande di me e l'avere lui lì era parte di questo."
Author: Andre Agassi
3. "You were afraid this might be the case. Your dad has blocked the front door with the REFRIGERATOR. Looks like he's taking the grounding seriously this time."
Author: Andrew Hussie
4. "Even as a kid I was never the generator of humor, but I always knew who was funny, who to hang out with."
Author: Andrew Stanton
5. "I am also very proud to be a liberal. Why is that so terrible these days? The liberals were liberatorsthey fought slavery, fought for women to have the right to vote, fought against Hitler, Stalin, fought to end segregation, fought to end apartheid. Liberals put an end to child labor and they gave us the five day work week! What's to be ashamed of?"
Author: Barbra Streisand
6. "Any black person who clings to the misguided notion that white people represent the embodiment of all that is evil and black people all that is good remains wedded to the very logic of Western metaphysical dualism that is the heart of racist binary thinking. Such thinking is not liberatory. Like the racist educational ideology it mirrors and imitates, it invites a closing of the mind."
Author: Bell Hooks
7. ". . . Golden would find himself thinking that if he ever became delusional or foolhardy enough to outfit one of his houses with a complaint box, it would need to be about the size of a refrigerator."
Author: Brady Udall
8. "Take some very deep breaths," Miranda said. "Relax. Concentrate. Then envision a frosty six-pack and wiggle your pinky."A frosty six-pack. Kylie inhaled. He held out her pinky, and right then Della chimed in. "We are talking a six=pack of soda, not a cold guy with good-looking abs, right?"There was a strange kind of sizzle in the air. And suddenly appearing in front of the refrigerator was a shirtless, shivering guy with great abs. His blue eyes studied the three of them in complete bafflement."What the...!" he muttered.Kylie gasped.Miranda giggled.Della snorted with laughter."
Author: C.C. Hunter
9. "I think if you thought about it a little while longer, you'd realize that you'd far better be a Ghostbuster: a nerd in New York with an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on your back, and a one-in-four chance of being Bill Murray."
Author: Caitlin Moran
10. "Jacob opened the refrigerator and stared into it vacantly, with the false purposefulness that lingers for a few moments when a person of a solitary nature is released from the company of a strong personality."
Author: Caleb Crain
11. "Whether you're an opera singer, a legislator or customer service operator, there is a way that we can find common ground with our audience - be they young or old, Democrats or Republicans, rich or poor, religious or secular."
Author: Charity Sunshine Tillemann Dick
12. "I came up with a new game-show idea recently. It's called The Old Game. You got three old guys with loaded guns onstage. They look back at their lives, see who they were, what they accomplished, how close they came to realizing their dreams. The winner is the one who doesn't blow his brains out. He gets a refrigerator."
Author: Chuck Barris
13. "I always think if you have to cook once, it should feed you twice. If you're going to make a big chicken and vegetable soup for lunch on Monday, you stick it in the refrigerator and it's also for Wednesday's dinner."
Author: Curtis Stone
14. "Although he was a young and virile man at 37, he was not inexhaustible. In addition to food and drink, he had better lay in a couple thousand tablets of viagra. The drug would probably remain potent if he vacuum packed the pills in groups of 10 and kept them in a freezer. That would work unless civilization completely collapsed and power companies were unable to function. Fortunately, Jim had a propane-powered backup generator with half a dozen tanks of fuel already on hand. If Henry added to the propane supply, and he used the generator only for essential maintenance like keeping the viagra freezer operating in warm weather, he would be happy here on the farm for a looong, looong time. Unless, even now, dead Jim was out there in the generator shed sabotaging the machinery."
Author: Dean Koontz
15. "«Sei un caso disperato, una lettrice compulsiva» disse incamminandosi verso la cassa.Sorridendo ripresi a spulciare la fila di libri che mi trovavo di fronte, cercando di compiere l'ardua scelta tuttavia una strana sensazione mi fece irrigidire e, voltandomi verso il reparto dei libri classici, incontrai lo sguardo di un uomo. I miei occhi rimasero incatenati ai suoi tanto erano particolari, sembravano ambrati.I capelli neri scompigliati gli incorniciavano il viso rendendo il suo sguardo ancora più penetrante e magnetico. Perché mi fissava in maniera così sfacciata?"
Author: Diletta Brizzi
16. "We breathe too fast to be able to grasp things in themselves or to expose their fragility. Our panting postulates and distorts them, creates and disfigures them, and binds us to them. I bestir myself, therefore I emit a world as suspect as my speculation which justifies it; I espouse movement, which changes me into a generator of being, into an artisan of fictions, while my cosmogonic verve makes me forget that, led on by the whirlwind of acts, I am nothing but an acolyte of time, an agent of decrepit universes. (...)If we would regain our freedom, we must shake off the burden of sensation, no longer react to the world by our senses, break our bonds. For all sensation is a bond, pleasure as much as pain, joy as much as misery. The only free mind is the one that, pure of all intimacy with beings or objects, plies its own vacuity."
Author: Emil Cioran
17. "To the child, the savage, and the Wall Street operator everything seems possible, hence their credulity."
Author: Eric Hoffer
18. "A book's a strange thing. It's ideas, feelings. It's fragile and complicated. You can't make them like refrigerators or cars."
Author: Étienne Davodeau
19. "Your educators can only be your liberators."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
20. "When you aren't drinking or using drugs or spending lots of money on fancy toys or basking in the glow of fame or working all the time or eating your way through the refrigerator, being hateful and angry is a very handy shield from the truth. It lets you focus on everyone else's shortcomings, and all the ways they have let you down. You can bemoan how all these broken people keep finding you somehow. That way you don't have to focus on what really matters -- the tough work of fiing what is broken inside you."
Author: Glenn Beck
21. "He still heard his mother's voice--"Davey"--rise like whisper-dust from unseen corners in the house, but it was no longer the only voice he heard. His ears were also filled with the voices of others--his father and Primrose and Refrigerator John and his grandmother. Of course, all of their words for a thousand years could not fill the hole left by his mother, but they could raise a loving fence around it so he didn't keep falling in."
Author: Jerry Spinelli
22. "If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all."
Author: Joey Adams
23. "Three big assumptions proved wrong: one, that the Iraqi people would welcome us as liberators; two, that oil would soon pay for Iraqi's rebuilding; and, three, that we have plenty of troops, weapons, and equipment for the postwar situation."
Author: John Spratt
24. "Today was a very cold and bitter day, as cold and bitter as a cup of hot chocolate, if the cup of hot chocolate had vinegar added to it and were placed in a refrigerator for several hours."
Author: Lemony Snicket
25. "If I were to look in you ferigerator....refridgefreetorator...fridge....what would I find?"
Author: Louis Tomlinson
26. "I always have dashi in my refrigerator - it's the almighty Japanese ingredient."
Author: Masaharu Morimoto
27. "Shrimp and green peppers are shriveling in my refrigerator"
Author: Megan Boyle
28. "Left alone with the dial tone...excuse me, operator, why is no one listening?"
Author: Melina Marchetta
29. "Pensavo di aver superato quelle cose. Pensavo di essere orgogliosa di me stessa. Ma quelle donne, per la maggior parte del tutto sconosciute, erano riuscite a farmi sentire di nuovo l'insicura perdente che mi sentivo al liceo. Improvvisamente mi sentivo un'intrusa al tavolo delle ragazze più popolari della scuola. Perchè mi importava così tanto di quello che dicevano gli altri, di quello che pensavano gli altri? Perchè la mia autostima dipendeva così tanto dall'opinione di persone che nemmeno conoscevo? (…) Come poteva qualcuno che non conoscevo nemmeno, o qualcuno che non vedevo da dieci anni, avere così tanto potere su di me?"
Author: Melissa Senate
30. "Call down to the desk to ask about the room?" "No phone," Cisco said. "Just watch." Once back on the ground floor, Gloria stepped out of the elevator and went to a house phone that was on a table against the wall. She made a call and soon was speaking to someone. "This is her asking to be connected to the room," Cisco said. "She is told by the operator that there is no Daniel Price registered in the hotel and no one in eight thirty-seven." Gloria hung up the phone, and I could tell by her body language that she was annoyed, frustrated. Her trip had been wasted. She headed back through the lobby, moving at a faster clip than when she had arrived. "Now watch this," Cisco said. Gloria was halfway across the lobby when a man entered the screen thirty feet behind her. He was wearing a fedora and had his"
Author: Michael Connelly
31. "I put my clothing into the refrigerator and the foods into my wardrobe; am I in love?"
Author: Munia Khan
32. "I remember a friend many years ago who had taped a sign to his refrigerator: There's a dream dreaming us. If you try to think about what that means it makes your mind silly, but that silliness is good."
Author: Natalie Goldberg
33. "You're sure your new roommate won't be like the last one who wore tinfoil socks and had a tendency to occasionally urinate in the refrigerator. You're sure you'll pass Math 106 this time around. You're determined to actually join some clubs this year and not just sit around in your dorm eating spray cheese from a can and watching youtube videos about cats."
Author: Patrick Rothfuss
34. "Boys, they can't take my refrigerator now. They'll never get my car now. I paid cash for 'em and they're mine, and I'm keepin' 'em!"
Author: Patsy Cline
35. "As far as we were concerned, we were operators, we were administrators. I don't ever recall going to Dean Acheson and asking for any counsel or advice on administration, but I had the greatest respect for him, as I have today."
Author: Paul Hoffman
36. "Well, good Christ, how was I supposed to know all that, Hannah? Who looks into the fine points when he's hungry? I'm eight years old and chocolate pudding happens to get me hot. All I have to do is see that deep chocolatey surface gleaming out at me from the refrigerator, and my life isn't my own."
Author: Philip Roth
37. "I've given him more mixed signals than a dyslexic Morse code operator."
Author: Rachel Cohn
38. "Similitude of the heart is like that of a telephone operator between man and God."
Author: Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi
39. "Victory in defeat, there is none higher. She didn't give up, Ben; she's still trying to lift that stone after it has crushed her. She's a father working while cancer eats away his insides, to bring home one more pay check. She's a twelve-year-old trying to mother her brothers and sisters because mama had to go to Heaven. She's a switchboard operator sticking to her post while smoke chokes her and fire cuts off her escape. She's all the unsung heroes who couldn't make it but never quit."
Author: Robert A. Heinlein
40. "We watched some of the movie. It was shocking. Sex is apparently hard labor. Various persons supported crushing weights in agonizing positions for what seemed like endless blocks of time. Exhausted men grunted and toiled like movers trying to get a refrigerator into a fifth floor walk-up."
Author: Russell Baker
41. "I felt the engine growl deep as Alex pressed down the accelerator. His foot would be through the floor soon. If looks could kill, the road would be dead."
Author: Sarah Alderson
42. "Power without control is worthless." Acheron's favorite saying. At least it was Ash's pet phrase any time Nick got behind the wheel and laid into the accelerator."Damn it, Nick! You've got to learn to go slow and not rush off into traffic at warp ten, especially not when it's heading straight for you!" Acheron's oth favorite rant where he was concerned."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "Nevertheless, if I have at times been able to make original contributions in the accelerator field, I cannot help feeling that to a certain extent my slightly amateur approach in physics, combined with much practical experience, was an asset."
Author: Simon Van Der Meer
44. "The artist is seen like a producer of commodities, like a factory that turns our refrigerators."
Author: Sol LeWitt
45. "I often find human behavior amusing. Like having a full refrigerator of food to eat yet buying fast food instead. If you learn to conquer the two big "N" words. Niceties vs Necessities. You might actually have some funds for the hard times that come."
Author: Stanley Victor Paskavich
46. "Telephone operators have called me 'sir' since I was 6."
Author: Suzanne Pleshette
47. "Bill Muller was a tall grey-haired man with an apparently high level of vitality despite incessant cigarette smoking. Holding everyone's attention by his forceful personality, he described his invention as a way to make a heavy wheel carry strong magnets past electricity-inducing copper coils without needing to fight the electrical drag force which usually opposes rotation and limits how efficient a generator can be. His wheel didn't have any "stuck" position; it moved freely."We have a magnetically balanced flywheel."In his basement workshop, Bill showed us the beginnings of a permanent-magnet generator."
Author: Testy McTesterson
48. "This reasonable moderator, and equal piece of justice, Death."
Author: Thomas Browne
49. "Ritual he liked, but compulsory routine he hated. Thus, he resented every minute that he now had to surrender to showering, shampooing, shaving, and flossing and brushing his teeth. If mere men could devise self-defrosting refrigerators and self-cleaning ovens, why couldn't nature, in all its complex, inventive magnificence, have managed to come up with self-cleaning teeth? "There's birth," he grumbled, "there's death, and in between there's maintenance."
Author: Tom Robbins
50. "«Che cosa credevate di fare?» Eleanor, un po' stupita e un po'offesa, lo guardò come se non credesse a ciò che lui le aveva appenafatto. «Mi sembrava di essere stata chiara a Clifton Hall, dovetelasciarmi in pace!»«E allora vattene!» Ashton l'aggredì all'improvviso, esausto.Disperato. Tutta quella smania, quella voglia di lei... Di quella donnache faceva male al cuore... Lo capì con chiarezza, una realtàdistruttiva e logorante: Eleanor White lo avrebbe sempre respinto, allostesso modo in cui non avrebbe mai smesso di rifiutare il desiderio cheAshton nutriva nei suoi confronti. Lui invece sarebbe rimasto schiavodi quella serva e della voglia che lo stava logorando istante dopoistante, solo. Perduto.Senza speranza.«VATTENE!»"
Author: Valentina C. Brin
Quotes About Erato Pictures