Famous Quotes About Everyday Learning
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Everyday Learning.
Top Quotes About Everyday Learning
1. "Belief that we know all & we are always right Leads to distance & silenceKeep learning & Keep Expressing...."
Author: Adil Adam Memon
2. "That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserved of their scorn."
Author: Barack Obama
3. "I entered the classroom with the conviction that it was crucial for me and every other student to be an active participant, not a passive consumer...education as the practice of freedom.... education that connects the will to know with the will to become. Learning is a place where paradise can be created."
Author: Bell Hooks
4. "But the basic Taoism that we are concerned with here is simply a particular way of appreciating, learning from, and working with whatever happens in everyday life."
Author: Benjamin Hoff
5. "To become fully human means learning to turn my gratitude for being alive into some concrete common good. It means growing gentler toward human weakness. It means practicing forgiveness of my and everyone else's hourly failures to live up to divine standards. It means learning to forget myself on a regular basis in order to attend to the other selves in my vicinity. It means living so that "I'm only human" does not become an excuse for anything. It means receiving the human condition as blessing and not curse, in all its achingly frail and redemptive reality."
Author: Brené Brown
6. "A man who imagines that because he has a head full of knowledge that he is sufficient for these things had better start learning again. ‘Who is sufficient for these things?' What are you doing? You are not simply imparting information, you are dealing with souls, you are dealing with pilgrims on the way to eternity, you are dealing with matters not only of life and death in this world, but with eternal destiny."
Author: D. Martyn Lloyd Jones
7. "But one learns from books and reels only that certain things can be done. Actual learning requires that you do those things."
Author: Frank Herbert
8. "Ignorance must be prosecuted when arrested. The only way for its arrest is by information and the only way for prosecution is through reading and learning of new things."
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
9. "Every city, every town, hides beneath a certain amount of glamour that- either intentionally or not- can misdirect the eye or hide something worth finding. Learning to see through those glamours is part of the process of calling any place home."
Author: Kate Milford
10. "Hildy has resigned herself to this, that life is a series of sudden disappearences, leavetakings without the proper good-byes. Someday she too might vanish. Some days she looks forward to learning this trick."
Author: Kelly Link
11. "Hungry people cannot be good at learning or producing anything, except perhaps violence."
Author: Pearl Bailey
12. ".....listening means learning to hear someone's inner world and deepest feelings with far greater attention in order that we don't let our own assumptions get in the way. The dying may speak in images far more akin to dreamland than the world of everyday reality. In order to understand them we have to make adjustments to comprehend a poetic form of expression that is sometimes elusive but actually far more expressive than the world of facts."
Author: Robert L. Wise
13. "I am learning everyday to see the silver lining on every dark cloud. To see the life lesson in every situation; to feel joy and peace in every circumstance; to hear and speak only positive, uplifting, kind and caring words; to touch hearts in a positive and meaningful way; to be inspired by others and to be inspirational for others. To truly make a significant difference in my life and the lives of others by becoming my best self and being the best I can be in service to them. I still have a long way to go, but I feel life becoming more enriched as I keep climbing upwards and moving forward in my quest to create a more Loving, Peaceful, Joyous and Beautiful world."
Author: Sean D. Hamilton
14. "For me, learning is a continuous process and an all-inclusive one - reading a book, learning a musical instrument or learning the martial art called taekwondo. Teach myself something new - that's my prayer."
Author: Sonu Nigam
Quotes About Everyday Learning Pictures