Famous Quotes About Everyone Against You
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Everyone Against You.
Top Quotes About Everyone Against You
1. "Not dealing with the past," she said, "is like having a skunk in the middle of your living room. You don't notice it after a while, but everyone around you smells it, and it rubs off on folks who visit, and no amount of tomato juice baths will ever wash the stink away. You can only bury the past when you acknowledge it and don't allow it to sidle up against your leg no more. Even then, digging the hole to bury the thing is hard work. It's the hard work of healing most folks never want to do."
Author: Amy K. Sorrells
2. "Laurel rolled her eyes. "Now there?s something I really wanted to know " she said sarcastically. "Ah come on—everyone wonders." "Do not " "Sure. I?ve always wondered what kind of a kisser David is." "Um that?s one of those questions you?re not supposed to ask." Chelsea laughed. "I didn?t ask. I just said I?ve always wondered." "That?s asking." "Is not." She leaned back against her headboard. "?Course you could tell me anyway." "Chelsea " "What I told you." "I didn?t ask." "Technicality." "I?m not telling." "That?s code for he sucks." "He does not suck." "Aha " Laurel sighed. "You are so weird." "Yeah " Chelsea said with a grin tossing her springy curls. "But you love me." Laurel laughed. "Yes I do." She leaned over and tipped her head onto Chelsea?s shoulder. "And I?m glad you?re happy."
Author: Aprilynne Pike
3. "Eli: They say the war tore a hole in the sky,you've probably heard the stories.Solara: Yeah.Eli: The war tore a hole in the sky, the sun came down, burnt everything, everyone, I wandered, I didn't really know what I should do or where I was going. I was just moving from place to place,trying to stay alive.And then one day I heard this voice.I don't know how to explain it, it's like it was coming from inside me. But I could hear it clear as day. Clear as I can hear you talking to me now. It told me to carry the book west, it told me that a path would be laid out before me, that I'd be led to a place where the book would be safe it told me I'd be protected,against anyone or anything that tried to stand in my way. If only I would have faith. That was thirty years ago and I've been walking ever sinceSolara: And you did all this because a voice told you to?Eli: I know what I hear, I know what I heard, I know I'm not crazy, I didn't imagine it"
Author: Book Of Eli Movie
4. "Will's voice dropped. "Everyone makes mistakes, Jem.""Yes," said Jem. "You just make more of them than most people.""I —""You hurt everyone," said Jem. "Everyone whose life you touch.""Not you," Will whispered. "I hurt everyone but you. I never meant tohurt you."Jem put his hands up, pressing his palms against his eyes. "Will —""You can't never forgive me," Will said in disbelief, hearing thepanic tinging his own voice. "I'd be —""Alone?" Jem lowered his hand, but he was smiling now, crookedly. "Andwhose fault is that?"
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "Now it is you who everyone presumes is so fragile. Wounded. Scarred. Maybe they're right. Perhaps you are. A nursery rhyme comes into your head, and, like an egg, you allow yourself to topple onto your side, your legs still pulled hard against your torso. You lie like that a long while, watching the chrome shell of the tape measure sparkle until the sun moves."
Author: Chris Bohjalian
6. "Play off everyone against each other so that you have more avenues of action open to you."
Author: Howard Hughes
7. "You know, Sage, Jesus didn't tell us to forgive everyone. He said turn the other cheek, but only if you the one who was hit. Even the Lord's Prayer says it loud and clear: Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Not others. What Jesus challenges us to do is to let go of the wrong done to you personally, not the wrong done to someone else. But most Christians incorrectly assume that this means that being a good christian means forgiving all sins, and the sinners."
Author: Jodi Picoult
8. "What'll happen if I tell him? If I tell him I risked everyone in the damn sector, everyone in all the sectors. That I promised the scariest man any of us will ever meet an open-ended favor, and in return he kidnapped the most prized doctor in Eden and brought her here in the trunk of a fucking car?" Cruz slammed an open palm against the headboard and leaned over them, his gaze a little wild. "What will you do if I tell you that, Ace? Will you finally believe I fucking love you? Or will you figure out a way that it's all about her?"
Author: Kit Rocha
9. "It's not reasonable to love people who are only going to die," she said.Nash thought about that for a moment, stroking Small's neck with great deliberation, as if the fate of the Dells depended on that smooth, careful movement."I have two responses to that," He said at last. "First, everyone is going to die. Second, love is stupid. It has nothing to do with reason. You love whomever you love. Against all reason I loved my father." He looked at her keenly. "Did you love yours?""Yes," she whispered.He stroked Small's nose. "I love you," he said, "even knowing you'll never have me. And I love my brother, more than I ever realized before you came along. You can't help whom you love, Lady. Nor can you know what it's liable to cause you to do."
Author: Kristin Cashore
10. "She rounded on him. "You wouldn't, you giant ass." To be honest, she didn't understand, either. But that didn't stop her from putting several days' worth of fear and stress on the table. "I'm scared, okay? I'm lost. I don't know where I am, and everyone here looks at me like they want to eat me or torture me. Maybe both. I want to go home, but then I don't want to go home because everything I thought I knew is one big lie. The people I trusted have turned against me, and even my own brother is afraid to help me." She paused to take a breath, fresh fuel for her tirade. "I should hate you, but instead, I'm attracted to you, which is beyond twisted, especially since I know that after I get Neriya back, I'm probably going to die." She dashed away tears with the back of her hand. "So forgive me if I'm a little emotionally unstable right now." She sniffed. "Ass."
Author: Larissa Ione
11. "Egnaro is a secret known to everyone but yourself.It is a country or a city to which you have never been; it is an unknown language. At the same time it is like being cuckolded, or plotted against. It is part of the universe of events which will never wholly reveal itself to you: a conspiracy the barest outline of which, once visible, will gall you forever."
Author: M. John Harrison
12. "In theory, you're supposed to geteveryone's names and become lifelong friends. I literally had contact with half the kidshere last night, but how in hell do they expect me to differentiate one of my butt-to-buttdancing partners from another? Am I supposed to randomly rub my buttocks up againstpeople to see if we've bonded booties before? "Yes, the particular musculature of yourass does feel familiar. 1 remember you now!" Duh."
Author: Megan McCafferty
13. "I had to ride slow because I was taking my guerrilla route, the one I follow when I assume that everyone in a car is out to get me. My nighttime attitude is, anyone can run you down and get away with it. Why give some drunk the chance to plaster me against a car? That's why I don't even own a bike light, or one of those godawful reflective suits. Because if you've put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe--to see you, and to give a fuck--you've already blown it... We had a nice ride through the darkness. On those bikes we were weak and vulnerable, but invisible, elusive, aware of everything within a two-block radius."
Author: Neal Stephenson
14. "Why me?""Because I lie awake at night, dreaming of all the things I want to do to your body, of leaving marks on your skin so that everyone knows that you are mine. And only mine." He leaned back against one of the larger metal tables. "But you fight yourself even as you fight me, and I love that, too. I love watching you squirm, because it gives me some idea of how you'll look when I'm inside you. I want to be your last thought at night, and your first taste at dawn. I want to teach you, own you, control you."
Author: Nenia Campbell
15. "Am I cured?" "No. You're someone who is different, but who wants to be the same as everyone else. And that, in my view, is a serious illness." "Is wanting to be different a serious illness?" "It is if you force yourself to be the same as everyone else. It causes neuroses, psychoses, and paranoia. It's a distortion of nature, it goes against God's laws, for in all the world's woods and forests, he did not create a single leaf the same as another. But you think it's insane to be different, and that's why you chose to live in Villete, because everyone is different here, and so you appear to be the same as everyone else. Do you understand?" Mari nodded. "People go against nature because they lack the courage to be different, and then the organism starts to produce Vitriol, or bitterness, as this poison is more commonly known."
Author: Paulo Coelho
16. "You say it like everyone is against the idea just to be jerks. But Mrs. Casnoff, your parents, me...can you blame any of us for not wanting you to die?"
Author: Rachel Hawkins
17. "And wasn't it this bright boy you selected for beating and tortures after hours? Of course it was. We must all be alike. Not everyone born free and equal, as the Constitution says, but everyone made equal. Each man the image of every other; then all are happy, for their are no mountains to make them cower, to judge themselves against. So! A book is a loaded gun in the house next door. Burn it. Take the shot from the weapon. Breach man's mind. Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? Me? I won't stomach them for a minute. And so when houses were finally fireproofed completely, all over the world (you were correct in your assumption the other night) there was no longer need of firemen for the old purposes. They were given the new job, as custodians of our peace of mind, the focus of our understandable and rightful dread of being inferior: official censors, judges and executors. That's you, Montag, and that's me."
Author: Ray Bradbury
18. "No," he said. "I don't want you to suffer. Much. But the next time you're in bed with Belikov, stop a moment and remember that not everyone made out as well as you did."I turned back to face him. "Adrian, I never—""Not just me, little dhampir," he added quietly. "There's been a lot of collateral damage along the way while you battled against the world. I was a victim, obviously. But what about Jill? What happens to her now that you've abandoned her to the royal wolves? And Eddie? Have you thought about him? And where's your Alchemist?"
Author: Richelle Mead
19. "You had your heart broken much?"He paused. "Of course. Everyone does. Part of life.""Tell me her name. I'll kick her ass. I don't want anyone hurting you."He rested his face against my hair, his tone even and gentle when he spoke. "You're wondrous and powerful and gifted, but even you can't save me from hurting. No one can do that for anyone. I can make things perfect in the fictions I create, but the real world isn't so kind. That's just how it is. And anyway, for every bad thing in life, there are more good things to tip the balance.""Like what?""Like little blonde nieces. And royalty checks. And you."
Author: Richelle Mead
20. "Remarkable visions and genuine insights are always met with resistance. And when you start to make progress, your efforts are met with even more resistance. Products, services, career paths - whatever it is, the forces for mediocrity will align to stop you, forgiving no errors and never backing down until it's over. If it were any other way, it would be easy. And if it were any other way, everyone would do it and your work would ultimately be devalued. The yin and yang are clear: without people pushing against your quest to do something worth talking about, it's unlikely to be worth the journey. Persist."
Author: Seth Godin
21. "Brent waited for a moment, to see if he could hear anything on the other side of the door, but only silence greeted him. He felt a hand on his shoulder, but he shrugged it off. Couldn't focus on anything but getting through to her. "What do I need to do, baby? Do you want me to sing ‘Wind Beneath My Wings'? I'll do it. I'll deafen everyone in this building if that's what you want." When the silence remained, Brent's head dropped against the door with a curse. "You're really going to make me do this, aren't you?" Then he gave Bette Midler a run for her money."
Author: Tessa Bailey
22. "A mental disease has swept the planet: banalization. Everyone is hypnotized by production and comfort -- sewage system, elevator, bathroom, washing machine. This state of affairs, which arose out of a struggle against poverty, overshoots its ultimate goal -- the liberation of humanity from material cares -- and becomes an obsessive image hanging over the present. Between love and a garbage disposal, young people of all countries have made their choice and prefer the garbage disposal. A complete and sudden change of spirit has become essential, by bringing to light forgotten desires and creating entirely new ones. And by an intensive propaganda in favor of these desires.Gilles Ivain (aka Ivan Chtcheglov)"
Author: Tom McDonough
Quotes About Everyone Against You Pictures