Famous Quotes About Everyone
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Everyone.
Top Quotes About Everyone
1. "A consensus means that everyone agrees to say collectively what no one believes individually."
Author: Abba Eban
2. "The finest proof of our loyalty toward one another was our monstrous disloyalties towards everyone else."
Author: Alain De Botton
3. "How do you put everyone in the pool, so you have the right to dry yourself in the sun?"
Author: Albert Camus
4. "It seems everyone wants to know if I have an eating disorder, and playing an anorexic character on 'Make it or Break It' probably didn't help much. To set the record straight, I certainly do not have an eating disorder. I think as anyone can gather, I love food, and it is not just a front to cover up the fact that I don't eat any."
Author: Alice Greczyn
5. "Wait a minute— who is Mrs. Alexander Banks eight thousand and twenty-one?"Uh-oh. He'd spotted the small icon at the top with my log-in name. I felt my face heat up. "It's just, uh, a name. Everyone has to log in under a made-up name."He turned to me, narrowing his eyes. "Is this your made-up name?"
Author: Allison Van Diepen
6. "Corny answer is of course is that everyone who wants musicals are children in different ways, aren't they? So you think of them in different ways. There are things of mine I'm sorry haven't come here."
Author: Andrew Lloyd Webber
7. "You may be good. You may even be better than everyone esle. But without a coach you will never be as good as you could be."
Author: Andy Stanley
8. "Not everyone got a close family. Not everyone needed one."
Author: Ann Brashares
9. "I want to love all the children of God - Christian, Jew, Moslem, Hindu, Buddhist - everyone. I want to love gay Christians and straight Christians."
Author: Anne Rice
10. "Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones."
Author: Anton Szandor LaVey
11. "It was an evening of torment, and I remember only one other thing about it. At some point after everyone was asleep, I wandered away from the inn in a daze and ended up on the sea cliffs, staring out into the darkness with sound of the roaring water below me. The thundering of the ocean was like a bitter lament. I seemed to see beneath everything a layering of cruelty I have never known was there. The howling of the wind and shaking of the trees seemed to mock me. Could it really be that the stream of my life had divided forever."
Author: Arthur Golden
12. "It's not just your beauty—you've always had that. It's the way you believe in yourself, the way you make everyone around you believe there is no better place on earth than wherever you are. In the park, in a carriage, at the suppertable, next to you."
Author: Ashley March
13. "Since that time up until the present time, there have been progress, and changes all through the time. The changes have not come by themselves; these changes have come from the doings of everyone in the country."
Author: Bhumibol Adulyadej
14. "Everyone has people in their lives that are gay, lesbian or transgender or bisexual. They may not want to admit it, but I guarantee they know somebody."
Author: Billie Jean King
15. "But some nights, I must tell you,I go down there after everyone has fallen asleep.I swim back and forth in the echoing blackness.I sing a love song as well as I can,lost for a while in the home of the rain."
Author: Billy Collins
16. "Each man is everything to himself, for with his death everything is dead for him. That is why each of us thinks he is everything to everyone. We must not judge nature by ourselves, but by its own standards."
Author: Blaise Pascal
17. "History isn't written by the winners - it's written by everyone - it's a jigsaw of facts from contradictory sources. But every once in a while, you unearth that one original document that no one can argue with..."
Author: Brad Meltzer
18. "Both of my parents are professors and everyone in my family has some fabulous degree of something or another and I couldn't get into college because I didn't know a language."
Author: Camryn Manheim
19. "Never forget, Caelius, that a great man makes his luck. Luck is there for everyone to seize. Most of us miss our chances; we're blind to our luck. He never misses a chance because he's never blind to the opportunity of the moment."
Author: Colleen McCullough
20. "I want everyone that has been abused by someone in their childhood to know that you can get past it. Having DID is not the end of the world; it's the beginning of your new life. DID allows the victim of exceptional abuse the ability to "forget" the abuse and continue living. Without it, I may have gone crazy as a teen and spent my life in a as a teen and spent my life in a psychiatric hospital."
Author: Dauna Cole
21. "Yes no yes no yes no?Red blue?Yes red, no blue?No red, yes no?In out, up down?Do don't, can can't?Choices sit on the shelf lifeNew shoes in a shoe shop.If the in crowd are squeezing into a must-have shoeAnd the one pair left are too tiny for youDon't feel compelled into choosing themIf you're really a size 9, buy that size.While everyone elseHobbles round with sore feetYour choices should feel comfortableOr they aren't your choices at all.Why limp when you can sprint?"
Author: David Baird
22. "So I'm going to go on and work on preserving the ozone layer, encouraging everyone to recycle."
Author: Dean Stockwell
23. "There were some days that deserved to be drowned at birth and everyone sent back to bed with a hot brandy, a box of chocolates and a warm, energetic companion. Today was without question one of those days."
Author: Diana Pharaoh Francis
24. "Because I don't care what anyone says or how often or winningly they say it: no one will ever, ever be able to persuade me that life is some awesome, rewarding treat. Because, here's the truth: life is a catastrophe. The basic fact of existence – of walking around trying to feed ourselves and find friends and whatever else we do – is a catastrophe. Forget all this ridiculous ‘Our Town' nonsense everyone talks: the miracle of a newborn babe, the joy of one simple blossom, Life You Are Too Wonderful To Grasp, &c. For me – and I'll keep repeating it doggedly till I die, till I fall over on my ungrateful nihilistic face and am too weak to say it: better never born, than born into this cesspool. Sinkhole of hospital beds, coffins, and broken hearts. No release, no appeal, no "do-overs" to employ a favored phrase of Xandra's, no way forward but age and loss, and no way out but death."
Author: Donna Tartt
25. "Everyone whirled around her, entranced by the stories in which they recognized themselves, but in the stories they were also more than themselves and it always felt at the end fulfilled, not meaningless and empty like life can sometimes feel."
Author: Francesca Lia Block
26. "If you cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad."
Author: Friedrich Schiller
27. "I realize you can't please everyone."
Author: Gemma Ward
28. "Everyone runs away from something, but who are you running to? Who are you running with? Why are you running for? Why run at all?"
Author: Jennifer Megan Varnadore
29. "We just want to identify the "real" freaks, so we can feel closer to normal. In reality, not a single one of us is so magically normative as to claim the right to separate out the freaks from everyone else. We are all freaks to someone. Maybe even—if we're honest—to ourselves."
Author: Kate Bornstein
30. "As long as everyone thinks you're a cutter or tried to commit suicide you'll always be on the outs."
Author: Katie McGarry
31. "Flying into a storm, even its outer edges, did not seem like a good idea to me. And this was no ordinary tempest. Everyone on the bridge knew what it was: the Devil's Fist, a near-eternal typhoon that migrated about the North Indian basin year-round. She was infamous, and earned her name by striking airships out of the sky."
Author: Kenneth Oppel
32. "Everyone is handed adversity in life. No one's journey is easy. It's how they handle it that makes people unique."
Author: Kevin Conroy
33. "I've been treating you with courtesy and respect because that's the way I choose to treat everyone. But never, ever mistake kindness with weakness."
Author: Louise Penny
34. "…It's like a spiral: They keep making everything more basic so it will appeal to everyone. And gradually, everyone gets used to everything being basic, so we get less and less varied as people, more simple. So the corps make everything even simpler. And it goes on and on."
Author: M.T. Anderson
35. "But you'll come and get me if he wakes up, won't you? Just make something up. Scream out like I've done something wrong. Start swearing at me. Everyone will believe it, don't worry."
Author: Markus Zusak
36. "There was a moment there when it was getting really bad and everyone was being let go. I was, like, 'Can I get fired, please? Can I move on with my life?"
Author: Michelle Branch
37. "We all, everyone one of us, carry a star inside our chests. ...Light and darkness are always side-by-side. If you show even the slightest fear or tears to the darkness, it will immediately swell and come attacking, and swallow up the light. Serenity, in order to defeat the darkness and dark souls, you must keep the star inside your chest burning brightly at all times. That is your most important charge."
Author: Naoko Takeuchi
38. "Nothing about this entire scenario made sense. But who cares? Once in a while, everyone was entitled to be a bit flaky, and now it was his turn."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
39. "A man who wants to die feels angry and full of life and desperate and bored and exhausted, all at the same time; he wants to fight everyone, and he wants to curl up in a ball and hide in a cupboard somewhere. He wants to say sorry to everyone, and he wants everyone to know just how badly they've all let him down."
Author: Nick Hornby
40. "Thank you to everyone that has made me the athlete I am! God, family and friends, my competitors and supporters! You have all had a hand!"
Author: Oscar Pistorius
41. "Everyone gets frustrated and aggressive, and I'd sooner take my aggression out on a guitar than on a person."
Author: Paul Weller
42. "The waitress walk away. Everyone look's at each other and then laugh. The laugh it feel so cathartic. It break the ice and sudenly the mood feel like old times. They may not have money now to aford food, but they still have each other. And forget what Maslow's "heirarchey of needs" say: some time's freindship is more important than nutrient's."
Author: Seinfeld 2000
43. "And if you eat enough of those souls, they begin to corrupt you until you become one of them. Everyone knows that. (Kat)Only if you're stupid. I'm two hundred years old and I haven't turned yet. You just have to learn to hum a lot so you don't hear their bullshit echoing in your head. (Damien)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Our perception of celebrities in Hollywood is not the reality. The reality of our lives is so much like everyone else's life. We have family members we love, everyone gets up in the morning, they have three meals a day and they go about their business."
Author: Sissy Spacek
45. "Christ with me,Christ before me,Christ behind me,Christ in me,Christ beneath me,Christ above me,Christ on my right,Christ on my left,Christ when I lie down,Christ when I sit down,Christ when I arise,Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,Christ in every eye that sees me,Christ in every ear that hears me."
Author: St. Patrick
46. "The truth is, when it gets really quiet, when the silence gets too loud, i really start to miss everyone."
Author: Stephen Chbosky
47. "So if you care to find me/Look to the western sky/As someone told me lately/Everyone deserves the chance to fly!/And if I'm flying solo/At least I'm flying free/Tell those who'd ground me/Take a message back from me/Tell them how I am defying gravity!/I'm flying high defying gravity/And soon I'll match them in renown./And nobody in all of Oz/No Wizard that there is or was/Is ever gonna bring me down!/"
Author: Stephen Schwartz
48. "I want deeper connections with the people around me. I need to reach out more. Because not everyone leaves. Sometimes if you reach out, the person you're trying to reach will be right there waiting."
Author: Susane Colasanti
49. "I asked my dad once if his high school teachers began treating kids differently during Vietnam, when they knew some of their students would be drafted and sent to war. I was curious because for sure we'd started treating our military kids differently after 9/11. He just shrugged and changed the subject, like he always did. And that was okay with me. He'd go back and change a lot of things if he could; and like everyone else, I'd give anything to go back to the day before 9/11—but all we can do is move forward."
Author: Tucker Elliot
50. "The exercise of power is determined by thousands of interactions between the world of the powerful and that of the powerless, all the more so because these worlds are never divided by a sharp line: everyone has a small part of himself in both."
Author: Vaclav Havel
Quotes About Everyone Pictures