Famous Quotes About Ex Boyfriends Dating Best Friend
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Ex Boyfriends Dating Best Friend.
Top Quotes About Ex Boyfriends Dating Best Friend
1. "You smile upon your friend to-day,To-day his ills are over;You hearken to the lover's say,And happy is the lover.'Tis late to hearken, late to smile, But better late than never:I shall have lived a little whileBefore I die for ever."
Author: A.E. Housman
2. "You caught me, I was definitely dreaming of you. If I remember correctly, you were frolicking on a beach, wearing a pretty skimpy red bikini and some kind of flower in your hair. Gotta say that was the best dream I've ever had." ~Bryan"
Author: Annabell Cadiz
3. "Of course one's sense of identification with the nation is inflected by all kinds of particulars, including one's class, race, gender, and sexual identification. … But [regarding] national character …, aside from references to a national aesthetic — literary, musical, and choreographic, there are two poles I reference: minimalist and maximalist. I love them both — the cryptic poems of Emily Dickinson folded up in tiny packets and hidden away in a box, the sparse, understated choreographies of Merce; but also the "trashy, profane and obscene" poems of Whitman and Ginsberg, [and] Martha Graham's expressionism. I am, myself, a minimalist. But I love distortion guitar and the wild exhibitionism of so many American artists. Also, these divisions are false. Emily Dickinson, in fact, can be as trashy and obscene as the best of them! Anyway, Dickinson and Whitman are at the heart of this narrative. They are the Dancing Queen and the Guitar Hero."
Author: Barbara Browning
4. "For if the modern mind is whimsical and discursive, the classical mind is narrow, unhesitating, relentless. It is not a quality of intelligence that one encounters frequently these days. But though I can digress with the best of them, I am nothing in my soul if not obsessive."
Author: Donna Tartt
5. "But that day I was anxious. I was nervous and worried, uneasy and distracted. I paced around and never felt settled. I didn't care for the sensation, yet I realized it was possibly a natural progression of my evolving soul, and therefore I tried my best to embrace it."
Author: Garth Stein
6. "We are homeless enough in this world under the best of circumstances without going to any special effort to test our capacity to be more so."
Author: Harold Edmund Stearns
7. "It is the best of all trades, to make songs, and the second best to sing them."
Author: Hilaire Belloc
8. "For many imaginative writers, working for the press is a fact of their life. But it's best not to like it too much."
Author: Hilary Mantel
9. "...the best Evil Plan offers something much more for people--a chance to buy into an idea that matters, and share it with people who matter to them."
Author: Hugh MacLeod
10. "Do not make loose promises. But, when you make a promise, keep it. Be true to yourself. Be dependable. Whatever you have to do, do it the very best you can. It is not the fuss and feathers that count; it is the hard, steady effort that makes the grade.--SP 64 (SP is Studies in Priesthood, European Mission, 1930)"
Author: John Andreas Widtsoe
11. "In the darkest days, the Lord puts the best people into your life"
Author: John Green
12. "I can't even explain to you how terrible that feels, that I equate dating a woman with punishment, shame, guilt, disappointment, reproach, reprimand, persecution. It's a nightmare."
Author: John Mayer
13. "As much as Jefferson loved France residence abroad gave him greater appreciation for his own nation. He was a tireless advocate for things American while abroad, and a promoter of things European while at home. Moving between two worlds, translating the best of the old into the new and explaining the benefits of the new to the old, he created a role for himself as both intermediary and arbiter."
Author: Jon Meacham
14. "Where has God promised to fulfill our every whim according to the minutia of our earthly desires? Where has He promised to keep us from suffering or disappointment? Things He did not spare His own Son? You were raised in one of the finest manors in the borough, by a man and woman who could not have loved you better. You have been given the best education, the best of everything. You are of sound mind and limb, and yet you dare to rail at God? I for one grow weary of it. Now leave off simpering like an ungrateful brat and make something of this new life you've been given."
Author: Julie Klassen
15. "How did I dance with a guy who's never heard of feminism?""I've heard of it, but that doesn't mean a woman can do everything a man can do," he goaded. I went to smack him on the back of his head, but he ducked with a snicker."I'm learning," he informed me. "How did I ever consider dating such a violent girl?""We're both lucky we got out early before we really knew each other.""Oh yes, good thing neither one of is still interested in the other," Brent said with a playful grin."
Author: Lani Woodland
16. "Jordan, Attached, please find a copy of the schedule for our trip. Best Courtney."I was really proud of it. The email i mean. Because it was so short and cold.Of course, it took me and my friend Jocelyn about two hours to come up with the perfect wording, but Jordan doesn't know that."
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
17. "Humans are most imaginative when they need a means of self-destruction. If the world existed in an overflowing amount of happiness; a utopian state, then the suicide rate would dwarf any extinction level threat. Humans cannot be trusted with their own survival. Their minds have been trained to be blindly and unconsciously subjugated. In a time related to Heaven-on-Earth, the smallest amount of worry, will drive a human into the arms of death. This is how weak and fragile the human mind and will is. It's funny, because the best friend of humanity, is none other than Chaos itself."
Author: Lionel Suggs
18. "The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil."
Author: Marcus Tullius Cicero
19. "A friend may be nature's most magnificent creation."
Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. "See, what you're meant to do when you have a mid-life crisis is buy a fast car, aren't you? Well, I've always had fast cars. It's not that. It's the fear that you're past your best. It's the fear that the stuff you've done in the past is your best work."
Author: Robbie Coltraine
21. "There have been nine Super Bowls in New Orleans, and not all of them have brought the best of luck to NFL Films. We got robbed twice there, got food poisoning, and my hotel room was broken into on the day the Bears played the Patriots in January 1986."
Author: Steve Sabol
22. "The best words I ever heard about making your own reputation," Gram said, looking over her shoulder into the back seat, "is that you come into the world crying while everyone is smiling at the miracle of you, and you should live your life so when you leave it, you're smiling, but everyone else is crying because the miracle of you is gone."
Author: Terri Farley
23. "In vain we chisel, as best we can, the mysterious block of which our life is made, the black vein of destiny reappears continuously."
Author: Victor Hugo
24. "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Author: Walt Disney
Quotes About Ex Boyfriends Dating Best Friend Pictures