Famous Quotes About Excerpt
Browse 40 famous quotes and sayings about Excerpt.
Top Quotes About Excerpt
1. "Excerpt from: Adonais: An elegy on the death of John KeatsAnd in a mad tranceStrike with our spirit's knifeInvulnerable nothingsWe decayLike corpses in a charnelFear & GriefConvulse is & consume usDay by dayAnd cold hopes swarmLike worms withinOur living clay"
2. "Be content, Be grateful, Be loving, Be happy, and this lifestyle will not only change YOUR life, it will change OUR world. I finally grasped the true meaning of let go- let God. (An excerpt from Finding Inner Peace)"
Author: Alice Hocker
3. "[from an excerpt by her daughter Camille] Living on the land that has grown my food gives me a sense of security I'm lucky to have. Feeling safe isn't so easy for people my age, who face odious threats like global warming, overpopulation, and chemical warfare in our future. But even as the world runs out of fuel and the ice caps melt, I will know the real sources of my sustenance. My college education may or may not land me a good job down the road, but my farm education will serve me."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
4. "If he should come this very night I'd not refuse to answer his call. For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin', and death be all that we can rightly depend on"Excerpt From: Stoker, Bram. "Dracula." iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/drac..."
Author: Bram Stoker
5. "...take down your baby bump photos from Facebook, take down pictures of your kids too. It is your job to protect your children and not parade them around like little circus freaks or glorified mini-you's. (Excerpt from the Blog Posting "Kim Kardashain; Mother of the Year!" http://wp.me/p2OOUh-q"
Author: Brandon Kelly
6. "I must be really ugly or something, because nobody wants me. Not even God wants me. That's why he makes me stand out here in the cold. - excerpt from: freefalling"
Author: Darlenne Susan Girard
7. "Excerpt:Here are some thoughts from Charlene the Star:"I'll bet that's why Mama put the word "Star" in myname. I have a feeling I'm going to be a star as a jumper."
Author: Deanie Humphrys Dunne
8. "Taking the 'desert island challenge' which leads Christians to submit their family life to Sola Scriptura inevitably leads them to desire to submit their corporate worship to Sola Scriptura. (Excerpt from the forward of "How God Wants Us to Worship Him" by Joseph C. Morecraft)"
Author: Douglas W. Phillips
9. "Nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals the power of your intense fragility:whose texture compels me with the colour of its countries, rendering death and forever with each breathing (i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens;only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses) nobody,not even the rain, has such small hands-excerpt of #35 from "100 Selected Poems"
Author: E.E. Cummings
10. "You can do as much as you think you can,But you'll never accomplish more;If you're afraid of yourself, young man,There's little for you in store.For failure comes from the inside first,It's there, if we only knew it,And you can win, though you face the worst,If you feel that you're going to do it.--Excerpt from "The Secret of the Ages" (1926)"
Author: Edgar A. Guest
11. "I was born, slipping on a symphony of broken melancholy; created of pencils and crayons; i was not supposed to be this way. i guess i am a "disappointment". i paint and draw. i like to write poetry. The things I excel at could fit inside my shoe." Excerpt from the poem,"Pain"written in 1995, by E.H. Cato(my maiden name) featured in Volume 2 of the Rantings & Ravings Series, 2013."
Author: Emily H. Sturgill
12. "Come, let us pity those who are better off than we are.Come, my friend, and remember that the rich have butlers and no friends,And we have friends and no butlers.(excerpt from 'The Garrett')"
Author: Ezra Pound
13. "I am going to bed. i will have nightmares involving huge monsters in academic robes carrying long bloody butcher knives labeled Excerpt, Selection, Passage, and Abridged."
Author: Helene Hanff
14. "Look, then, into thine heart, and write!Yes, into Life's deep stream!All forms of sorrow and delight,All solemn Voices of the Night,That can soothe thee, or affright, -Be these henceforth thy theme.(excerpt from "Voices of the Night")"
Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
15. "Excerpt from "The Strength in Knowing"Doubt is the archenemy of the purity of thought and it inhibits theessence of all that is"
Author: I. Alan Appt
16. "Is anyone born a futilitarian? Or does it simply grow on us, like a fungus that afflicts the toenail of the great toe on our right foot from wearing shoes too small, eventually spreading to the neighboring toes?" —excerpt from A Retrospect in Death"
Author: J. Conrad Guest
17. "Excerpt from "The Long Road from Perdition" for the day:"...I've always been drawn to the ocean. It is here that I now feel peaceful and can lose my thoughts while immersed in the deafening sounds of waves crashing around me. The spray and mist of the ocean's past seem to be a living, breathing yet wounded animal. The fury of the waves never settled and the spew of the foam touched all that dared to sit near it.There is no reason to flinch as the waves spray and crash against the shore. It is a natural progression I have learned to endure. However, it is the rescinding of the waves and fluid release of fury that I struggle to understand and coexist with peacefully. I hope one day to master it."
Author: J.R. Stone
18. "Don't make up problems you don't have yet. It's not a problem until it's a real problem. Most of the things you worry about never happen anyway.The decisions you make today don't need to last forever. If circumstances change, your decisions CAN change. Decisions are temporary.Pay attention to today and worry about later when it gets here. Otherwise, you'll waste energy, time and money fixating on problems that may never materialize."~ An excerpt from the awesome book, "Rework"
Author: Jason Fried David Heinemeier Hansson
19. "Not to worry, Phillip," Father O'Toole said. "I was just inquiring as to what authority they—" He stopped abruptly, jumping forward as the wall phone came unhinged behind him, dangling by a corner screw."Huh," Gil pondered. "Look at that.""What happened?" Father O'Toole asked."The phone fell," Gil answered."Well, naturally! I'm not blind, young man. I'm asking how the phone fell!""I blame gravity," Gil offered. (Excerpt from Whisper of Light)"
Author: Jennifer DeLucy
20. "Susan Griffin describes it as a time when "there is no intrinsic authority to my words." "I...clean off my desk. I make telephone calls. I know I am avoiding the typewriter. I know that in my mind, where there might be words, there is simply a blankness. I may try to write and then my words bore me." But when the time is right, the waiting will have been worth it. "Because each time I write, each time the authentic words break through, I am changed. The older order that I was collapses and dies. I lose control. I do not know exactly what words will appear on the page. I follow language. I follow the sound of the words, and I am surprised and transformed by what I record." Excerpt from "Thoughts on Writing: A Diary," in The Writer on her Work."
Author: Judith Barrington
21. "Maybe I'll leave you hard and aching for days, months, years. That's how long I've been hard for you. Turn about's fair play, dontcha think, Paul Guy?" (from Finding Eden Excerpt)"
Author: Kele Moon
22. "This town of churches and dreams; this town I thought I would lose myself in, with its backward ways and winding roads leading to nowhere; but, I found myself instead. -Magic in the Backyard (excerpt from American Honey)"
Author: Kellie Elmore
23. "What excites the media is that someone has a great idea or vision and makes millions as a result. The reality is that rarely happens. It is competency that unlocks a person's potential."Tim Clark excerpt from DO! the pursuit of xceptional execution"
Author: Kevin Kelly
24. "[Beneatha Younger:]... He said everybody ought to learn how to sit down and hate each other with good Chrisitan fellowship. [excerpt from Act II, Scene 3]"
Author: Lorraine Hansberry
25. "Dare to DreamYes, if you can dare to dream.Surely you can catch the sunlight's beam.While all else seems to fail.Truth shall forever prevail.(Copyright excerpts from the poem and published poetry book 'From the Silence Within"
Author: Madhavi Sood
26. "***A LATE-NIGHT EXCERPT***I realized much later that I actually visited 33 Himmel Street in that period of time. It must have been one of the few moments when the girl was not there with him, for all I saw was a man in bed. I Knelt. I readied myself to insert my hands through the blankets. Then there was a resurgence - an immense struggle against my weight. I withdrew, and with so much work ahead of me, it was nice to be fought off in that dark little room. I even managed a short, close-eyed pause of serenity before I made my way out."
Author: Markus Zusak
27. "Very quickly, very suddenly, words fell through my mind. They landed on the floor of my thoughts, and in there, down there, I started to pick the words up. They were excerpts of truth gathered from inside me."
Author: Markus Zusak
28. "My Ancestor Series of adventure-thrillers run like a raging river. I'm now in the editing process with my next thriller, "The Apothecary." Please go to my website for excerpts, synopses, and book trailers of all my works: http://www.gracepublisihing.org."
Author: Marshall Chamberlain
29. "People say, 'Time heals all wounds.' That may be true, but relocating to an alternate reality can sure help too." -Excerpt from the journal of Dr. Harold Quickly, 1941"
Author: Nathan Van Coops
30. "Excerpt: Paradox – Bound By Blood. The hands on a clock never falter, not for a second. One day ends; and a new begins. If there was one thing on this earth that could be counted on, it was that. Time never paused to mourn the dead. That particular privilege is allotted to the living. It is for the survivor to mourn, bury the dead, and leave the rest to the earth. That is the way of it – the way of death - and the misery it leaves behind."
Author: Patti Roberts
31. "… the river sliding along its banks, darker now than the sky descending a last time to scatter its diamonds into these black waters that contain the day that passed, the night to come. — Excerpt from the poem "The Mercy"
Author: Philip Levine
32. "Ritual abuse diagnosis research – excerpt from a chapter in: Lacter, E. & Lehman, K. (2008).Guidelines to Differential Diagnosis between Schizophrenia and Ritual Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress. In J.R. Noblitt & P. Perskin(Eds.), Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, pp. 85-154. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers. quotes: A second study revealed that these results were unrelated to patients' degree of media and hospital milieu exposure to the subject of Satanic ritual abuse. "In fact, less media exposure was associated with production of more Satanic content in patients reporting ritual abuse, evidence that reports of ritual abuse are not primarily the product of exposure contagion." Responses are consistent with the devastating and pervasive abuse these victims have experienced, so often including immediate family members."
Author: Randy Noblitt
33. "Whether it was a song, a person, or a story, there was a lot you couldn't know from just an excerpt, a glance, or part of a chorus."
Author: Sarah Dessen
34. "Excerpt from page 3 of "Wicked Washington"Shelly Williams, the main character, speaking about her life:And close and dangerous calls were almost my last name. Yet I felt as comfortable among the street hustlers, junkies, thieves, and criminals of D.C. as I did dining with mywhite-collar, college-pedigreed friends over filet mignon, Maine lobster, and strawberry cheesecake at LaMermaidSeafood Restaurant."
Author: Sonja D. Jones
35. "...Usually i'd sit back and just enjoy the view for what it was because it's not often you come across something so ridiculously out of place, a girl like you, on the subway, it's like spotting a unicorn at the zoo.I reasoned how to pull this off, to get you, to say hi, to ask your name, what your voice sounded like, if you had a cute smile because i like cute smiles. In ten minutes I had a thousand thoughts of you and you had no clue..." by - http://excerpts.thempyreco.com/unicorn/"
Author: Stephan K. Garcia
36. "5,6. The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger.Excerpt From: Sunzi. "The Art of War." iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright."
Author: Sun Tzu
37. "I didn't record any additional dialogue for this CD, they are excerpts pulled from existing episodes."
Author: Tara Strong
38. "... civilization—a word that simply means "living in cities..."Excerpt From: Standage, Tom. "A History of the World In 6 Glasses."
Author: Tom Standage
39. "You are dealing with national security. Anything labeled a national security issie is taken out from the system. There is no due process, no lawyers. They may do with us what they wish. Fear is a government's greatest weapon. With it, they can convince a people that they need to abandon their freedom. In exchange, they get safety. Of course, you just trade one monster for another, but by the time the people realize this, it is too late. -- Excerpt from Superhero."
Author: Victor Methos
40. "Any first rate novel or story must have in it the strength of a dozen fairly good stories that have been sacrificed to it. A good workman can't be a cheap workman; he can't be stingy about wasting material, and he cannot compromise. Excerpt taken from On the Art of Fiction by Willa Cather circa 1920."
Author: Willa Cather
Quotes About Excerpt Pictures