Famous Quotes About Exists
Browse 1149 famous quotes and sayings about Exists.
Top Quotes About Exists
1. "Nowadays, no one believes in evil. It is considered, at most, a mere negation of good. Evil, people say, is done by those who know no better - who are undeveloped - who are to be pitied rather than blamed. But, M. Poirot, evil is real! It is a fact! I believe in Evil as I believe in Good. It exists! It is powerful! It walks the earth!' He stopped. His breath was coming fast. He wiped his forehead with his handkerchief and looked suddenly apologetic. 'I'm sorry. I got carried away."
Author: Agatha Christie
2. "The ego exists as a powerful force in Western man that cannot be dismissed or denied. The therapeutic goal is to integrate the ego with the body and its striving for pleasure and sexual fulfilment."
Author: Alexander Lowen
3. "I think if the movie has resonance and stimulates the viewer to talk about it, you can have as large an audience as you want. The most important thing for me is that the movie exists. And that's success enough already."
Author: Andy Garcia
4. "When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can't make them change if they don't want to, just like when they do want to, you can't stop them. "A man is what he thinks about all day long." [Ralph Waldo Emerson]Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting. Aldous Huxley"
Author: Andy Warhol
5. "His eyes softened. "But it doesn't change what we are to each other. It's like there's always been a piece of my soul missing, and it's inside you, Clary. I know I told you once that whether God exists or not, we're on our own. But when I'm with you, I'm not."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "Today exists between yesterday and tomorrow."
Author: Catherine Gilbert Murdock
7. "Good sense tells us that earthly things are rare and fleeting, and that true reality exists only in dreams. To draw sustenance from happiness- natural or artificial - you must first have the courage to swallow it; and those who perhaps most merit happiness are precisely those on whom felicity, as mortals conceive it, always acts as a vomitive."
Author: Charles Baudelaire
8. "The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists."
Author: Charles Dickens
9. "Once you know a habit exists, you have the responsibility to change it . . . others have done so . . . That, in some ways, is the point of this book. Perhaps a sleep-walking murderer can plausibly argue that he wasn't aware of his habit, and so he doesn't bear responsibility for his crime, but almost all of the other patterns that exist in most people's lives — how we eat and sleep and talk to our kids, how we unthinkingly spend our time, attention and money — those are habits that we know exist. And once you understand that habits can change, you have the freedom and the responsibility to remake them. Once you understand that habits can be rebuilt, the power of habit becomes easier to grasp and the only option left is to get to work."
Author: Charles Duhigg
10. "At some point you do not need to talk to have a conversation. The conversation exists whether you have it or not. It continues silently in a parallel dimension of the marriage. They both pause to let it run its course toward another stalemate."
Author: Chris Bachelder
11. "Reality prior to my language exists as an unthinkable thought. . . . life precedes love, bodily matter precedes the body, and one day in its turn language shall have preceded possession of silence."
Author: Clarice Lispector
12. "The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it all from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning. The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man's mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
13. "He without inspiration and motivation exists no more in a world full of innovations and inventions!"
Author: Darnaya Darice
14. "God is not merely one, in the way that a finite object might be merely singular or unique, but is oneness as such, the one act of being and unity by which any finite thing exists and by which all things exist together."
Author: David Bentley Hart
15. "Since God exists outside of time, He also has all of the time He needs to personally act in each of our lives. There is never a rush to the next meeting or the next message."
Author: Dillon Burroughs
16. "I'm not the first person to have discovered evidence that consciousness exists beyond the body. Brief, wonderful glimpses of this realm are as old as human history."
Author: Eben Alexander
17. "As to the right of men to act anywhere according to their pleasure, without any moral tie, no such right exists. Men are never in a state of total independence of each other. It is not the condition of our nature: nor is it conceivable how any man can pursue a considerable course of action without its having some effect upon others; or, of course, without producing some degree of responsibility for his conduct."
Author: Edmund Burke
18. "Yet, nearly 6 decades after the Holocaust concluded, Anti-Semitism still exists as the scourge of the world."
Author: Eliot Engel
19. "England and the English governing class never did call on this absurd deity of race until it seemed, for an instant, that they had no other god to call on… the truth of the whole matter is very simple. Nationality exists, and has nothing in the world to do with race. Nationality is a thing like a church or a secret society. It is the product of the human soul and will; it is a spiritual product. And there are men… who would think anything and do anything rather than admit anything could be a spiritual product."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
20. "Did he understand, as those interminable minutes ticked by, that being alone is not the same as being lonely? That being alone is a neutral state; it is like a blind fish at the bottom of the ocean without eyes, and therefore without judgement. Is it possible? That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me. Is it true? Could Denny have possibly appreciated the subjective nature of loneliness, which is something that exists only in the mind, not in the world, and, like a virus, is unable to survive without a willing host?"
Author: Garth Stein
21. "...this is love. I have my self-consciousness not in myself but in the other. I am satisfied and have peace with myself only in this other and I AM only because I have peace with myself; if I did not have it then I would be a contradiction that falls to pieces. This other, because it likewise exists outside itself, has its self-consciousness only in me; and both the other and I are only this consciousness of being-outside-ourselves and of our identity; we are only this intuition, feeling, and knowledge of our unity. This is love, and without knowing that love is both a distinguishing and the sublation of this distinction, one speaks emptily of it."
Author: Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
22. "Winston Smith: Does Big Brother exist?O'Brien: Of course he exists.Winston Smith: Does he exist like you or me?O'Brien: You do not exist."
Author: George Orwell
23. "Praise be to God that hope is much more than how we feel on a given day. It exists outside of us; it is an entity in itself."
Author: Holly Sprink
24. "I love the whole world of boxing and the sense of community that exists there."
Author: Holt McCallany
25. "Every soldier in the course of time exists only in the breath of written word."
Author: Ivan Doig
26. "When I see you, the World stops. It stops and all that exists for me is you and my eyes staring at you. There's nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries, no yesterday, no tomorrow. The World just stops, and it is a beautiful place, and there is only you."
Author: James Frey
27. "Being a mom, it feels like I did something so powerful and amazing. It's such a gigantic blessing, and a confirmation that the Creator exists. And all of that has made me feel sexier and stronger. I call it 'lava in my spine.'"
Author: Jill Scott
28. "I believe that a contract, or at least an understanding, exists between the American public and the American advertiser concerning what advertising is, what its limitations are and what price people will pay for it."
Author: John O'Toole
29. "So when I say that everything that exists—including evil—is ordained by an infinitely holy and all-wise God to make the glory of Christ shine more brightly, I mean that, one way or the other, God sees to it that all things serve to glorify his Son. Whether he causes or permits, he does so with purpose. For an infinitely wise and all-knowing God, both causing and permitting are purposeful. They are part of the big picture of what God plans to bring to pass."
Author: John Piper
30. "Nature may be defined as that which exists without guilt."
Author: John Updike
31. "The other Houses don't know that my House still exists."
Author: Josephine Angelini
32. "Uncle Fitzy!" the girl yells. "Gingersnap is being bad!" Eisenhower hates it when she calls him Gingersnap. He complains about it with a statesman's pomp: "Gentlemen, there exists no more odious appellation than"--nose crumpling, black lips curling-- "Gingersnap."From The Barn at the End of Our Term"
Author: Karen Russell
33. "If such a thing as love exists, then surely freedom exist to"
Author: Louise Gann
34. "It's no fun for me to cover a song and produce it the exact same way as it already exists. When I hear that happening, I have to say, 'What's the point?'"
Author: M. Ward
35. "I've lost my point. It was to the effect that you can assert the existence of something—Being—having not the slightest notion of what it is. Then God is at a greater remove altogether—if God is the Author of Existence, what can it mean to say God exists? There's a problem in vocabulary. He would have to have had a character before existence which the poverty of our understanding can only call existence."
Author: Marilynne Robinson
36. "The sacred exists only at the expense of the truth."
Author: Mark Russell
37. "The worst abuse of freedom is to deny that it exists."
Author: Marty Rubin
38. "In a world plagued with commonplace tragedies, only one thing exists that truly has the power to save lives, and that is love."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
39. "To a man, sex is the ultimate expression of love. It is pure pleasure. But to a woman there exists something greater than pleasure?gestures of adoration. A gentle caress on the cheek, an attentive smile, a soft kiss while swept away in a slow dance, the whispered words, 'You're beautiful'?these are the tokens of love that women cherish."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
40. "That, you know, is why the world exists at all. It remains outside the cosmic garbage can of nothingness, not because it is such a solemn necessity that nobody can get rid of it, but because it is the orange peel hung on God's chandelier, the wishbone in His kitchen closet. He likes it; therefore, it stays. The whole marvelous collection of stones, skins, feathers, and string exists because at least one lover has never quite taken His eye off it, because the Dominus vivificans has his delight with the sons of men."
Author: Robert Farrar Capon
41. "I am not a pessimist; to perceive evil where it exists is, in my opinion, a form of optimism."
Author: Roberto Rossellini
42. "Everybody fears the unknown. But I have a strong feeling there's something bigger than us. I don't think all this exists because some rocks happened to collide. I'm at peace. When it comes, I'll be fine, calm. I'll miss life, though. Especially my family."
Author: Roger Ailes
43. "In Sanskrit, there exists no word for ‘The Individual' (L'Individu). En Grèce antique, il n'y avait aucun mot pour dire ‘Devoir' (Duty). In French, the word for ‘Wife' is the same as the word for ‘Woman.' En anglais, nous n'avons aucun mot semblable à l'exquise ‘Jouissance!"
Author: Roman Payne
44. "The researchers speculated that men in traditional marriages are not overtly hostile toward women but instead are "benevolent sexists"—holding positive yet outdated views about women.10 (Another term I have heard is "nice guy misogynists.")"
Author: Sheryl Sandberg
45. "ISMENE: How can I live alone, without her?CREON: Her? Don't even mention her-- she no longer exists.ISMENE: What? You'd kill your own son's bride?CREON: Absolutely: there are other fields for him to plow."
46. "Reasoned arguments and suggestions which make allowance for the full difficulties of the state of war that exists may help, and will always be listened to with respect and sympathy."
Author: Stafford Cripps
47. "The idea of Jewish unity, of a plan, an organization, unfortunately exists only in the brains of Hitler and Streicher."
Author: Stefan Zweig
48. "Nothing substantial can ever truly be accomplished if you still believe nothing exists beyond that of a singular life."
Author: Sufian Chaudhary
49. "If such a thing called happiness exists in this world, it should be something which resembles the limitless nothingness. Nihility is having nothing and having nothing to lose. If that isn't "happiness", then what is?"
Author: Tite Kubo
50. "I would say poetry is language charged with emotion. It's words, rhythmically organized . . . A poem is a complete little universe. It exists separately. Any poem that has any worth expresses the whole life of the poet. It gives a view of what the poet is."
Author: William Carlos Williams
Quotes About Exists Pictures