Famous Quotes About Eyes Wide Open
Browse 59 famous quotes and sayings about Eyes Wide Open.
Top Quotes About Eyes Wide Open
1. "The eyes of the lovers are blind while those of the grieving are wide open."
Author: A. Mani
2. "Your eyes are wide open. I feel as though I could step inside them and make myself at home."
Author: Alyson Richman
3. "A great piece of music make people to close their eyes but a great magic effect make their eyes wide open."
Author: Amit Kalantri
4. "I would like to sleep, in order to surrender myself to the dreamers, the way I surrender myself to those who read me with eyes wide open; in order to stop imposing, in this realm, the conscious rhythm of my thought."
Author: André Breton
5. "'Eyes Wide Open' took shape from two real life events straight from my own past. One was the sad suicide of my young nephew, a troubled kid, who was found at the bottom of a landmark cliff in central California. The second was a chance encounter forty years ago with none other than, ahem, Charles Manson!"
Author: Andrew Gross
6. "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards."
Author: Benjamin Franklin
7. "Keep thy eyes wide open before marriage and half shut afterward."
Author: Benjamin Franklin
8. "James Joyce seemed like the most arrogant man who ever lived, had both his eyes wide open and great faculty of speech, but what he say, I knew not what."
Author: Bob Dylan
9. "Holiest mistress of comfort and peace…" He whispered the prayer in Sua out of habit, closing his eyes and still seeing the Bromarte's dead face: eyes wide and bulging, mouth open, teeth bared in a hideous rictus. What had he done? O Hananja, forgive me for profaning Your rite."
Author: Brent Weeks
10. "Easy come, easy go,That's just how you live, oh,Take, take, take it all,But you never give.Should've known you was troubleFrom the first kiss,Had your eyes wide open.Why were they open?Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash,You tossed it in the trash, you did.To give me all your love is all I ever asked, 'causeWhat you don't understand isI'd catch a grenade for yaThrow my hand on a blade for yaI'd jump in front of a train for ya You know I'd do anything for yaOh, oh, I would go through all of this pain,Take a bullet straight through my brain!Yes, I would die for ya, baby,But you won't do the same."
Author: Bruno Mars
11. "The only way to truly be safer, was to accept the dark, to walk in it with eyes wide open, to be a part of it. To keep your enemies close."
Author: C.J. Roberts
12. "You're surprised at all the blood.He looks over at you, eyes wide, mouth dropping open, his face almost as white as his shirt.He's surprised, too."
Author: Charles Benoit
13. "I palmed his face and mushed him away from me before I got too angry and started really wailing on him. "Grab Alex's guitar then and see if you can even remember how to hold it."We all watched in horror as Tucker drunkenly tried to strap Alex's precious guitar on,banging it into the speakers and amps, stumbling and struggling with it as he tried to stand up straight."You have got you be kidding me," Ethan growled when Tucker finally got the guitar strappedto him. Backwards. Then his legs seemed to buckle under him and he dropped heavily to his knees onthe floor. Alex's eyes widened and his jaw flew open. "Get my guitar! Get it away from him! Get it!Geeeeet Ittttttttt!" he yelled."
Author: Christine Zolendz
14. "You wake up at SeaTac.I study the people on the laminated airline seat card. A woman floats in the ocean, her brown hair spread out behind her, her seat cushion clutched to her chest. The eyes are wide open, but the woman doesn't smile or frown. In another picture, people calm as Hindu cows reach up from their seats toward oxygen masks sprung out of the ceiling.This must be an emergency.Oh."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
15. "[Happily broken] arms unlocked. Eyes wide open.Eager. Torn apart. Heart explosive.Fingers composing [Happily broken].Come in, come in. I am ready. I am open.Happy to be open [Happily broken]."
Author: Coco J. Ginger
16. "I lean back and tilt my head so all I see are the clouds in the sky. I'm looking back inside my head with my eyes wide open. I still don't know where I'm going; I decided I'm not crazy or alien. It's just that I'm more like one of those kids they find in remote jungles or forests . A wolf child. And they've dragged me into this fucking schizo-culture, snarling and spitting and walking around on curled knuckles."
Author: David Wojnarowicz
17. "He checked her face first to see if she was all right, then dropped his eyes to the keyboard. It was like someone had plugged him in. His eyes widened, his mouth dropped open, and he stretched his fingers."Will you play it, Blake? Will you?" Livia almost jumped with excitement.Blake covered his smile. He nodded. Livia plopped the keyboard on the kitchen table, which was still moist from where he'd wiped it with the kitchen sponge.Blake kissed her and then spoke solemnly. "I'll play it for you."
Author: Debra Anastasia
18. "Often pagans, with their eyes wide open, do not see very clearly."
Author: Georges Rouault
19. "Eight-and-twenty years,' said I, 'I have lived, and never a ghost have I seen as yet.'The old woman sat staring hard into the fire, her pale eyes wide open.'Ay,' she broke in; 'and eight-and-twenty years you have lived and never seen the likes of this house, I reckon. There's a many things to see, when one's still but eight-and-twenty.' She swayed her head slowly from side to side. 'A many things to see and sorrow for.' ("The Red Room")"
Author: H.G. Wells
20. "Babe, how can you can be so blind when your eyes are wide open? Even if he wasn't the coolest kid I have ever met, even if I didn't enjoy the hell out of my time reliving my childhood with the little guy, he is part of you. No, he isn't yours and I understand that, but he is part of you, and Beauty, how can I not love that"
Author: Harper Sloan
21. "You have to look!" Johnnie Walker commanded. "That's another one of our rules. Closing your eyes isn't going to change anything. Nothing's going to disappear just because you can't see what going on. In fact, things will be even worse the next time you open your eyes. That's the kind of world we live in, Mr. Nakata. Keep your eyes wide open. Only a coward closes his eyes. Closing your eyes and plugging up your ears won't make time stand still."
Author: Haruki Murakami
22. "In the afternoon dark clouds suddenly color the sky a mysterious shade and it starts raining hard, pounding the roof and windows of the cabin. I strip naked and run outside, washing my face with soap and scrubbing myself all over. It feels wonderful. In my joy I shut my eyes and shout out meaningless words as the large raindrops strike me on the cheeks, the eyelids, chest, side, penis, legs, and butt - the stinging pain like a religious initiation or something. Along with the pain there's a feeling of closeness, like for once in my life the world's treating me fairly. I feel elated, as if all of a sudden I've been set free. I face the sky, hands held wide apart, open my mouth wide, and gulp down the falling rain."
Author: Haruki Murakami
23. "Hey, baby, how would you like a partner in crime-""Back off," Blay barked. "He's with me."Abruptly Qhuinn's spine straightened: It was amply clear from the cold blue fire spitting out of Blay's eyes that the guy was prepared to tear the throat of that woman wide-open if she didn't disappear quick.And that was...Awesome."
Author: J.R. Ward
24. "But if you take off your clothes, I'm sure I can get them dry."My eyes went wide. "Are you trying tog et my naked?"His silvery gaze met mine. "Do you really need me to answer that?"A hot, sweet flush stole across my cheeks. When he was like this—open, flirty, and downright sexy—I was at my lamest. I wasn't used to this side of him. I don't think I ever would be, and there was something thrilling in that. But I stared at him, caught between the images playing out in my head and the very real man standing before me."
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
25. "My sister, Judy, has always said that she would like to lie in state, propped up in her coffin with her eyes blared wide open, face fixed in a big grin, and have a taped greeting for all her mourners. Something real upbeat and, well, live-sounding, like: 'He-e-e-ey!Cuteshoestellyomamahi!"
Author: Jill Conner Browne
26. "I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep my eyes wide open all the time I keep the ends out for the tie that binds Because you're mine, I walk the line."
Author: Johnny Cash
27. "A beautiful and binding morningThe world outside begins to breatheSee clouds arriving without warningI need you here to shelter me.If I could make these moments endlessIf I could stop the winds of changeIf we just keep our eyes wide openThen everything would stay the sameAnd I know that only time will tell me howWe'll carry on without each otherSo keep me awake for every momentGive us more time to be this wayWe can't stay like this foreverBut I can have you next to me today"
Author: Josh Groban
28. "Nick laughed and gave in to the urge to brush Perry's fair hair out of his eyes -- his fingertips sensitive to the silky texture of eyebrows and hair, warm skin, eyelashes.Perry's lashes fluttered down, concealing his eyes."Hey," Nick said huskily.Perry gave him an uncertain look.It was a mistake, of course. A huge mistake. But suddenly, urgently Nick wanted to taste Perry's mouth, so he bent his head. Perry's eyes widened, then their faces bumped, and his mouth found Perry's.It was a gentle kiss, because Nick was thinking what a stupid thing this was to do, and that Perry, being inexperienced, would probably expect songbirds and firecrackers.Perry tasted like hot chocolate and something warm and young and male. It was unexpectedly erotic. He responded sweetly, opening right up, and Nick's heart turned over in his chest."
Author: Josh Lanyon
29. "My eyes have seen what I seek. For my mind's eye is wide open, and no longer do I just peek."
Author: Kenneth G. Ortiz
30. "What was in the trunk?" I asked, and my eyes widened when he opened his coat and let me glimpse a big-ass rifle."I know these people," he said, his expression going hard. "We handle their insurance."
Author: Kim Harrison
31. "Dream with both eyes wide open"
Author: King Rankwaila
32. "Where's your fiancé?" Trevor asks casually. I stiffen slightly, and Trevor steps back a little. "Well," I breathe. "Um, we sort of broke up."Trevor's eyes widen a fraction, an eyebrow raising in surprise. He stops dancing, but none of the other couples seem to notice, too caught up in being in love. "Why?" Trevor whispers, still holding my hand, his arm still around me.My hearts thumps harder, slower, each beat waiting for my answer as I stare into Trevor's eyes. I open my mouth to give some answer, some casual it-didn't-work-out kind of thing. But instead, I hear myself say something else entirely."Because he wasn't you."
Author: Kristan Higgins
33. "She bit delicately down on a breadstick, holding it between her teeth.."Mind if I have a Bite" Shock snapped her eyes wide open and froze her breath..dark eyes dominating her field of vision, a whiff of some kind of calogne in her nostrils, two long fingers tilting her chin up. Damon leaned in, and neatly and precisely, bit off the other end of the bread stick."
Author: L.J. Smith
34. "It is a pity indeed to travel and not get this essential sense of landscape values. You do not need a sixth sense for it. It is there if you just close your eyes and breathe softly through your nose; you will hear the whispered message, for all landscapes ask the same question in the same whisper. 'I am watching you -- are you watching yourself in me?' Most travelers hurry too much...the great thing is to try and travel with the eyes of the spirit wide open, and not to much factual information. To tune in, without reverence, idly -- but with real inward attention. It is to be had for the feeling...you can extract the essence of a place once you know how. If you just get as still as a needle, you'll be there."
Author: Lawrence Durrell
35. "Daisy turned the key in the lock and carefully withdrew it. The decisive click was abnormally loud in the silence of the room. Calmly Daisy tugged the top edge of her bodice away from her chest. She held the key above the narrow gap. Matthew's eyes widened as he understood what she intended. "You wouldn't." As he started around the dresser, Daisy dropped the key into her bodice, making certain it slipped beneath her corset. She sucked in her stomach and midriff until she felt the cold metal slide to her navel. "Damn it!" Matthew reached her with startling speed. He reached out to touch her, then jerked his hands back as if he had just encountered open flame. "Take it out," he commanded, his face dark with outrage. "I can't." "I mean it, Daisy!"
Author: Lisa Kleypas
36. "The woman trembled, eyes wide as she stared at the bluff. Her teeth pressed against her lower lip hard enough he wouldn't have been surprised to see blood. Devyn recognized the building hysteria. His chest tightened; he'd seen like expressions all too often and it opened a raw, bleeding hurt in his chest."
Author: Lynda K. Scott
37. "But between now and then, there was Life; and Bod walked into it with his eyes and his heart wide open."
Author: Neil Gaiman
38. "Lying between the sheets, she felt different; her body had turned into bread dough, dough that's been kneaded and pounded till it's grey, lumpen, no yeast in it, no lightness, no prospect of rising. Her arms lay stiff by her sides. When, finally, she drifted off to sleep, she dreamt she was on her knees in a corner of the room, trying to vomit without attracting the attention of the person who was asleep on the bed. Her eyes wide open in the darkness, she tried to cast off the dream, but it stayed with her till morning."
Author: Pat Barker
39. "He lifted a single eyebrow as he adjusted his pants, zipping his fly. The sound made my back stiffen and I realized how close we'd just been to copulating in the back of a car."I think you look good just like that."I stared at him for two seconds before I smacked him on his infuriatingly well-muscled shoulder."My shirt is ripped open and…" I frantically twisted in my seat and may have shrieked, "Where are my underwear?!"There was no amusement in his voice when he responded, "Someplace safe."My eyes widened further and, I knew, my mouth hung open dumbly. I was about to lose my mind."Give them back-""You don't need them-""-to me right now-""-and you should try new things-""I am not leaving this limo while commando!"The passenger door on Quinn's side opened and I yanked the skirt I was wearing back to my midcalf.I didn't miss his dark smile when it was clear that I was not likely to push the underwear issue further until we were in private. And, by then, it likely wouldn't matter."
Author: Penny Reid
40. "I can see the driver as if I'm looking at him through binoculars, bending to adjust the volume on his radio, eyes wide at what he hears, which I can't understand because when he hits you there is only silence. My feet, pounding through the grass, make no sound. I know that my mouth is open, that air is rushing across my stretched vocal chords, but I hear nothing. You lift into the air and the car is past before you land silently at my feet, as if something as small as you couldn't possibly make a sound in a world where buildings can come down."
Author: Philip Beard
41. "My eyes are wide open to the conflicts within the Church, but I don't think you can call it schism."
Author: Richard John Neuhaus
42. "Eyes, so easily deceived, might judge more rightly with lids closed, allowing ears and heart to remain wide open."from "The Beauty of Ugh"
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
43. "This is one of the reasons we watch movies, attend recovery groups, read memoirs, and sit around campfires telling stories long after the fire has dwindled down to a few glowing embers. It's written in the Psalms that "deep calls to deep," which is what happens when you get a glimpse of what someone else has gone through or is currently in the throes of and you find yourself inextricably, mysteriously linked with that person because you have been reminded again of our common humanity and its singular source, the subsurface unity of all things that is ever before us in countless manifestations but requires eyes wide open to see it burst into view."
Author: Rob Bell
44. "I no longer know the author of this book, for simply stopping long enough and writing it down was where I changed from a boy with his eyes squeezed shut to a man with his eyes wide open so that the sunlight might reach my heart despite all that darkness."
Author: Ryan Adams
45. "I hope you find true meaning, contentment, and passion in your life. I hope you navigate the difficult times and come out with greater strength and resolve. I hope you find whatever balance you seek with your eyes wide open. And I hope that you - yes, you - have the ambition to lean in to your career and run the world. Because the world needs you to change it."
Author: Sheryl Sandberg
46. "Is he really so much like the monster James tracked across Siberia?"Her eyes popped wide open, and then began flickering wildly from Edward to Seth to me, around and around."Not the same?" she snarled in her little girl's soprano. "Impossible!"
Author: Stephenie Meyer
47. "…he wanted to sleep inside her lungs and breathe her blood and be smothered. He wanted her to be a virgin and not a virgin all at once. He wanted to know her. Intimate secrets: Why poetry? Why so sad? Why that grayness in her eyes? Why so alone? Not lonely, just alone - riding her bike across campus or sitting off by herself in the cafeteria - even dancing, she danced alone - and it was the aloneness that filled him with love. He remembered telling her that one evening. How she nodded and looked away. And how, later, when he kissed her, she received the kiss without returning it, her eyes wide open, not afraid, not a virgin's eyes, just flat and uninvolved."
Author: Tim O'Brien
48. "In the courtyard there was an angel of black stone, and its angel head rose above giant elephant leaves; the stark glass angel eyes, bright as the bleached blue of sailor eyes, stared upward. One observed the angel from an intricate green balcony — mine, this balcony, for I lived beyond in three old white rooms, rooms with elaborate wedding-cake ceilings, wide sliding doors, tall French windows. On warm evenings, with these windows open, conversation was pleasant there, tuneful, for wind rustled the interior like fan-breeze made by ancient ladies. And on such warm evenings this town is quiet. Only voices: family talk weaving on an ivy-curtained porch; a barefoot woman humming as she rocks a sidewalk chair, lulling to sleep a baby she nurses quite publicly; the complaining foreign tongue of an irritated lady who, sitting on her balcony, plucks a fryer, the loosened feathers floating from her hands, slipping into air, sliding lazily downward."
Author: Truman Capote
49. "Now she looks pale and small, but her eyes make me think of wide- open skies that I have never actually seen, only dreamed of."
Author: Veronica Roth
50. "If you flinch," Four says, slowly, carefully. "Al takes your place. Understand?" I nod. Four's eyes are still on mine when he lifts his hand, pulls his elbow back, and throws the knife. It is just a flash in the air, and then I hear a thud. The knife is buried in the board, half a foot away from the my cheek. I close my eyes. Thank God. "You about done Stiff?" asks Four. I remember Al's wide eyes and his quiet sobs at night and shake my head. "No." "Eyes open, then." He taps the spot between his eyebrows..."Come on, Stiff," he says. "Let someone else stand there and take it." Why is he trying to goad me into giving up? Does he want me to fail? "Shut up, Four!".....My body goes rigid. This time, when it hits the board, my ear stings, and blood tickles my skin. I touch my ear. He nicked it. And judging by the look he gives me, he did it on purpose."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About Eyes Wide Open Pictures