Famous Quotes About Fading Away From Love
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Fading Away From Love.
Top Quotes About Fading Away From Love
1. "You have never felt the weight of disappointing love or of failing to live up to expectations. The only thing you've ever been is lonely by yourself-you have no idea how desperate it is to be lonely in the midst of people who love you, and whom you would have done anything to make happy.."
Author: Alma Alexander
2. "Why, then, do I set before You an ordered account of so many things? it's certainly not through me that You know them. But I'm stirring up love for You in myself and in those who read this so that we may all say, great is the Lord and highly worthy to be praised. I tell my story for love of Your love."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
3. "In patriarchal culture men are especially inclined to see love as something they should receive without expending effort. More often than not they do not want to do the work that love demands. When the practice of love invites us to enter a place of potential bliss that is at the same time a place of critical awakening and pain, many of us turn our backs on love."
Author: Bell Hooks
4. "I love to go bungee jumping, jump out of planes, ride motorbikes, do kickboxing. I love all that stuff."
Author: Catherine Bell
5. "I'm all for big production - I love putting on shows."
Author: Derek Hough
6. "I love you, Beatrice De Novo. I fell in love with the girl I met six years ago, and I love the woman in front of me even more.""Gio--""So you make the decision, Tesoro mio … It's your choice. I want eternity with you, and I'm not leaving again." He gave her a sad smile. "You can't make me."
Author: Elizabeth Hunter
7. "I knew I was going to love my daughter, but I had no idea how much I would love her."
Author: Jeremy Sisto
8. "Some team! The Chief was doing so many jobs alone. I'd fix on the Chief's raw, rope-burned palms or all the gray hairs collected in his sink, and I'd suffer this terrible side pain that Kiwi said was probably an ulcer and Ossie diagnosed as lovesickness. Or rather a nausea produced by the "black fruit" of love—a terror that sprouted out of your love for someone like rotting oranges on a tree branch. Osceola knew all about this black fruit, she said, because she'd grown it for our mother, our father, Grandpa Sawtooth, even me and Kiwi. Loving a ghost was different, she explained—that kind of love was a bare branch. I pictured this branch curving inside my sister: something leafless and complete, elephantine, like a white tusk. No rot, she was saying, no fruit. You couldn't lose a ghost to death."
Author: Karen Russell
9. "I totally related to Cole Porter's magnetic pull to any piano that was in the room, which he was famous for doing, as was Gershwin. You couldn't drag them away from a piano."
Author: Kevin Kline
10. "Most of the strangers we fall in love with seem to act as strangers rather than being strangers."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
11. "Emmy, the events we lived through taught me to be sure of nothing about other people. They taught me to expect danger around every corner. They taught me to understand that there are people in this world that mean you harm, And sometimes, they're the people who say they love you."
Author: Nancy Werlin
12. "But this is what ... people are so often and disastrously wrong in doing: they (who by their very nature are impatient) fling themselves at each other when love takes hold of them, they scatter themselves, just as they are, in all their messiness, disorder, bewilderment ...And what can happen then? What can life do with this heap of half broken things that they would like to call their happiness, and their futures?And so each of them loses himself to the other for the sake of the other person, and loses the other. And loses the vast possibilities ... in exchange for an unfruitful confusion, out of which nothing more can come, nothing but a bit of disgust, disappointment and poverty."
Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
13. "Learn poetry by heart. If you know a poem by heart, no one can take it away from you, and you can take advantage of it anytime."
Author: Raymond Aubrac
14. "He made a sound of disgust in the back of his throat. "Oh thank you so much. That's what every man wants to hear about his name. You might as well call me 'Little Pecker' while you're at it and tell me you would love to have me go shopping with you for feminine hygiene products. Oh and by all means, carry a big, sparkling pink bag with flowers on it and make me hold it."
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
15. "Edward was always a good listener, since his own form of self-expression then consisted in making uneartly and to me quite meaningless sounds on his small violin. I remember him, at the age of seven, as a rather solemn, brown-eyed little boy, with beautiful arched eyebrows which lately, to my infinite satisfaction, have begun to reproduce themselves, a pair of delicate question-marks, above the dark eyes of my five-year-old son. Even in childhood we seldom quarrelled, and by the time that we both went away to boarding-school he had already become the dearest companion of thos brief years of unshadowed adolescence permitted to our condemned generation."
Author: Vera Brittain
Quotes About Fading Away From Love Pictures