Famous Quotes About Fair Weather Friendship
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Fair Weather Friendship.
Top Quotes About Fair Weather Friendship
1. "When he came, attended by all the young soldiers of any merit, he was infinitely surprised at the beauty of this fair Queen of Night, whose face and person was so exceeding all he had ever beheld; that lovely modesty with which she received him, that softness in her look, and sighs, upon the melancholy occasion of this honour that was done by so great a man as Oroonoko, and a prince of whom she had heard such admirable things; the awfulness wherewith she received him, and the sweetness of her words and behavior while he stayed, gained a perfect conquest over his fierce heart, and made him feel the victor could be subdued."
Author: Aphra Behn
2. "Friendship arises out of mere Companionship when two or more of the companions discover that they have in common some insight or interest or even taste which the others do not share and which, till that moment, each believed to be his own unique treasure (or burden). The typical expression of opening Friendship would be something like, "What? You too? I thought I was the only one." ... It is when two such persons discover one another, when, whether with immense difficulties and semi-articulate fumblings or with what would seem to us amazing and elliptical speed, they share their vision - it is then that Friendship is born. And instantly they stand together in an immense solitude."
Author: C.S. Lewis
3. "I knew it was gonna go out. It was just a question of it being fair or foul. The wind must have carried it 15 feet toward the foul pole. I just stood there and watched. I didn't want to miss seeing it go out."
Author: Carlton Fisk
4. "He saw nature - he saw books through me; and never did I weary of gazing for his behalf, and of putting into words the effect of the field, tree, town, river, cloud, sunbeam - of the landscape before us; of the weather round us and impressing by sound on his ear what light could no longer stamp on his eye."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
5. "In my public service, I treasure my friendship with law enforcement officers. I admire what they do and support them in every aspect of their job. I have always looked upon law enforcement officers as my friends."
Author: Dirk Kempthorne
6. "It was not hard to believe a beautiful woman capable of murder, Margret thought.As it says in the sagas, Opt er flago i fogru skinni. A witch often has fair skin."
Author: Hannah Kent
7. "The steady discipline of intimate friendship with Jesus results in men becoming like Him."
Author: Harry Emerson Fosdick
8. "It was anyway all a long time ago; the world, we know now, is as it is and not different; if there was ever a time when there were passages, doors, the borders open and many crossing, that time is not now. The world is older than it was. Even the weather isn't as we remember it clearly once being; never lately does there come a summer day such as we remember, never clouds as white as that, never grass as odorous or shade as deep and full of promise as we remember they can be, as once upon a time they were."
Author: John Crowley
9. "In those years before mobile phones, email and Skype, travelers depended on the rudimentary communications system known as the postcard. Other methods--the long-distance phone call, the telegram--were marked "For Emergency Use Only." So my parents waved me off into the unknown, and their news bulletins about me would have been restricted to "Yes, he's arrived safely,"and "Last time we heard he was in Oregon," and "We expect him back in a few weeks." I'm not saying this was necessarily better, let alone more character-forming; just that in my case it probably helped not to have my parents a button's touch away, spilling out anxieties and long-range weather forecasts, warning me against floods, epidemics and psychos who preyed on backpackers."
Author: Julian Barnes
10. "The economy is a thoughtless weather system- and nothing more. Some joke on the people, to give them such a thing"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
11. "People come in and out of our lives, and the true test of friendship is whether you can pick back up right where you left off the last time you saw each other."
Author: Lisa See
12. "Relationship gurus always said that an attraction based on friendship and mutual respect was far more likely to stay the course - and the bastards were right."
Author: Marian Keyes
13. "Life is not fair and nothing will change that.. we have to appretiate what we have because someone somewhere wishes to have what you take for granted"
Author: S.Z.J Mtshali
14. "So why hadn't he confronted me? Why hadn't he torn through my lies and forced me to own up that I'd caught him in a Binding? It wasn't like he could just brush this off. And that smile before he left, as if he'd been pulling my leg to see my reaction…I shook my head. Ryan was certainly providing his fair share of riddles. There was the tiny possibility he was still clueless and was just teasing me, but I doubted anyone could be that naïve. Even him. My mind began to tick over, desperate for an answer. Only one other thing stuck out in his behaviour. Maybe he was going for a fair exchange strategy. He wouldn't question my secrets, in the hope I wouldn't question his.Now that was naïve."
Author: Sam Dogra
15. "You're weird," Nick grumbled, but he turned his face back to critically examine the new hand."You're weird," Jamie returned. "As soon as this whole magical war is over, I'm going to make us some friendship bracelets, and we will wear them everywhere because we are best friends.""Drop dead," said Nick, and Jamie looked serenely pleased."
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
16. "Endless love is fueled by endless friendship. If you want to have the greatest romance ever, have the greatest friendship ever. Cultivate it; do not let your friendship die. Remember, it's not a lack of love that destroys relationships; it's usually a lack of friendship."
Author: Steve Maraboli
17. "Consider this a fair warning."
Author: Stieg Larsson
18. "I conduct business, not dependent of public sentiment, but according to the rules of fair business."
Author: Victor Pinchuk
Quotes About Fair Weather Friendship Pictures