Famous Quotes About Fake
Browse 602 famous quotes and sayings about Fake.
Top Quotes About Fake
1. "There's a beauty to wisdom and experience that cannot be faked. It's impossible to be mature without having lived."
Author: Amy Grant
2. "You told me this wasn't a formal date when you invited me to come. Why should I care if you have a girlfriend?""Absolutely," he said, giving me a fake-serious look. "Yeah, you and I are just friends . . . out for a friendly walk. Nothing more, nothing less.""Exactly!" I agreed, my heart giving a painful twist.He broke into a large grin and, leaning over, kissed me on the cheek. "Kate," he whispered, "you are way too gullible."
Author: Amy Plum
3. "And for the Doctor, time is literally running out. He knows that Compassion is dying. He's aware that he has lost his own ability to regenerate. He's worried by Fitz's fake German accent."
Author: Andrew Lane
4. "The wording group that separates, deports and splits wide apart many "MY" by enshrining and ingraining the loneliness, hollowness & fakeness of "ONE" is "M-ONE-Y"."
Author: Anuj Somany
5. "I am coming. I can't be coming. I'm fighting it, and that's making it worse. I am trying to fake not having an orgasm. I wonder if he can tell…I feel a little sick to my stomach when I realize exactly what sensation has brought me to this unfortunate climax: the friction of a very fat man's matted belly hair on my clit. This man I am on top of is the most repulsive person I've ever allowed to touch me. Sheer physics won't allow him to be on top of me. In fact, I am not entirely sure how it is that he will get back up from his supine position.This man is my john. This orgasm and the wave of revulsion that follows quickly on its heels and makes my skin turn cold makes him my last client in my short career as an escort."
Author: Audacia Ray
6. "Mostly, I think people are fake. Well, what do you expect? The fake world we live in conspires to make us all fakes."
Author: Benjamin Alire Sáenz
7. "I was a terrible believer in things,but I was also a terrible nonbeliever in things. I was as searching as I was skeptical. I didn't know where to put my faith,or if there was such a place,or even what the word faith meant, in all of it's complexity. Everything seemed to be possibly potent and possibly fake."
Author: Cheryl Strayed
8. "Scout - oblivious to our jokes at her expense - pushed forward. "I don't understand why you're arguing with me. You know you have no chance."Michael clutched at his chest dramatically. "You're killing me, Scout. Really. There's chest pain - a tightness." He faked a groan."
Author: Chloe Neill
9. "Of the numerous regrettable elements that go to make up the unlawful carnal-knowledge industry, I should single out for distinction the look of undisguised contempt that is often worn on the faces of its female staff. Some of the working 'hostesses' may have to simulate delight or even interest—itself a pretty cock-shriveling thought—but when these same ladies do the negotiating, they can shrug off the fake charm as a snake discards an unwanted skin."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
10. "I used rebellion as a way to hide out. We use criticism as a fake participation."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
11. "If it's something that reaches out and grabs me, I want to do it. I have a lot of trouble doing things that don't grab me. So, I'm not a very good actor in that way. I can't fake it."
Author: Clancy Brown
12. "It's real, Six. You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake happily ever afters that should piss you off."
Author: Colleen Hoover
13. "I'll fake it through the day somehow with Johnny Walker Red."
Author: Elliot Smith
14. "Mom is talking to Jack. "I hear you're interested in zoo animals."I snort. There's a sentence you don't hear too often. I fake an insulted sigh."Well, thank-you, Mother. Yes, I'm hungry, but you don't have to be so honest about it. Your tact is amazing."
Author: Erynn Mangum
15. "The fact is, He just wasn't interested in those who fake it."
Author: Francis Chan
16. "Scary is good. Kids like going to a movie and being really scared rather than fake scared."
Author: Freddie Highmore
17. "You need my help? What for? Bread, cash, a fake identity to help you slip sideways through the cracks? Tell me what you need, tell me why I should help, and I'll see what I can do. In memory of Elphaba. You knew her." Her head titled again, but up, this time, and it was to keep the sudden wetness from spilling into her carefully colored false eyelashes. "You knew my Elphie!"
Author: Gregory Maguire
18. "If anybody dared say wrestling was fake, you'd punch 'em. And you never used the word show. If you used the word show it was an insult."
Author: Hulk Hogan
19. "Once the process of falsification is set in motion, it won't stop. We're in a country where everything that can be falsified has been falsified: paintings in museums, gold ingots, bus tickets. The counterrevolution and the revolution fight with salvos of falsification: the result is that nobody can be sure what is true and what is false, the political police simulate revolutionary actions and the revolutionaries disguise themselves as policemen."And who gains by it, in the end?"It's too soon to say. We have to see who can best exploit the falsifications, their own and those of the others: whether it's the police or our organization."The taxi driver is pricking up his ears. You motion Corinna to restrain herself from making unwise remarks.But she says, "Don't be afraid. This is a fake taxi. What really alarms me, though, is that there is another taxi following us."Fake or real?"Fake, certainly, but I don't know whether it belongs to the police or to us."
Author: Italo Calvino
20. "Great way to impress your future brother-in-law, by the way," Kieran continued. "You look like you took a blood bath. The only thing missing is the axe. Would Dallas really let his little sister date a crazed murderer who hacks bodies in the basement? You need to change that shirt pronto. And oh, you're welcome. I just saved you from making a complete and utter fool of yourself, but don't mention it."I curled my lips into a fake smile. "Thanks. It's so nice to know you've got my back."Kieran regarded me coolly. "A hobby might help ease all that hunger. Have you ever considered fixing cars, or woodworking, or maybe a DIY project around the house?""You're getting a big laugh out of this, aren't you?"Kieran shrugged. "There's nothing on TV."
Author: Jayde Scott
21. "When I first entered the school, I was all set to tie my hair in a ponytail, get a fake tan, and write my homework in pink gel ink. I was prepared to hear girls bragging nonchalantly about the BMWs and diamond earrings they recieved for their birthday. I almost looked forward to hearing the flashlight-wielding nuns tell me to "leave room for the holy ghost" when I danced lewedly with messy-haired prep-school boys"
Author: Jennifer Allison
22. "Death is not a memory you can fake."
Author: Jessica Brody
23. "My brother the vampire, whose kiss was a slow death sentence, had a stable and loving relationship with a girl who was crazy about him. By contrast, I could barely talk to a woman, at least about anything pertaining to a relationship. Given that my only long-term girlfriends had faked their own death, died, and broken free of enslaving enchantments to end the relationship, the empirical evidence seemed to indicate that he knew something I didn't. Keep your life tonight, Harry. Complicate it tomorrow."
Author: Jim Butcher
24. "Juniper laughed for real, but one of those fake smiles he considered a plague of the Caucasian race followed. If you're sad, be sad, he wanted to say."
Author: Jo Ann Mapson
25. "Most brown bread is merely white bread with a fake tan."
Author: Joel Fuhrman
26. "Still, my fascination with Buchanan did not abate, nor was I able, as the Seventies set in, to move the novel forward through the constant pastiche and basic fakery of any fiction not fed by the springs of memory -- what Henry James calls (in a letter to Sarah Orne Jewett) the "fatal cheapness [and] mere escamotage" of the "'historic' novel."
Author: John Updike
27. "I also hate those holidays that fall on a Monday where you don't get mail, those fake holidays like Columbus Day. What did Christopher Columbus do, discover America? If he hadn't, somebody else would have and we'd still be here. Big deal."
Author: John Waters
28. "As she left her parents' neighborhood, the houses got newer and bigger and boxier. Through windows with no mullions or fake plastic mullions she could see luminous screens, some giant, some miniature. Evidently every hour of the year, including this one, was a good hour for staring at a screen."
Author: Jonathan Franzen
29. "I got incerdibly heavy boots about how relatively insignificant life is, and how, compared to the universe and compared to time, it didn't even matter if I exsited at all..."Well I'm not talking about painting the Mona LIsa or curing limeter." "Yeah?""If you hadn't done it, human history would have been one way...""Uh-huh?""But you did do it, so...?"I stood on the bed, pointed my fingers at the fake stars, and screamed: "I changed the course of human history!""That's right.""I changed the universe!""You did.""I'm God!""You're an atheist.""I don't exist!"I fell back onto the bed, into his arms, and we cracked up together."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
30. "If you do not apologize to Lady Honoria," Marcus said, his voice so mild as to be terrifying, "I will kill you."There was a collective gasp, and Daisy faked a swoon, sliding elegantly into Iris, who promptly stepped aside and let her hit the floor."Oh, come now," Mr. Grimston said. "Surely it won't come to pistols at dawn.""I'm not talking about a duel," Marcus said. "I mean I will kill you right here."
Author: Julia Quinn
31. "It away - you're in quicksand. Struggle reinforces pain. Instead, go to love. Love for yourself. Feel it. If you have to fake it, fine. It'll become real eventually. Feel the love for yourself as the memory ebbs and flows. That will take the power away."
Author: Kamal Ravikant
32. "I gaped. "You are not seriously that chauvinistic?""Hmmm..." He stroked his chin dramatically. "Maybe not in real life." Hillbilly again. "But as your fake husband...yes, I think I am."I eyed him up and down. "I need to call the Guinness Book of Records or Gray's Anatomy or something, because I am standing here looking at the single largest asshole ever known to man."
Author: Kristin Walker
33. "Oompa-Loompa Land?" He shook his head. "No way. Orange people give me the creeps. I don't even like fake tans. I'd never be their king."
Author: Larissa Ione
34. "Taylor clapped her hands three times for attention. "Ladies! Ladies! My stars! That's enough. Now. We all know Miss Arkansas's girls are fake, miss Ohio's easier than making cereal, and Miss Montana's dress is something my blind meemaw would wear to bingo night. And Miss New Mexico -- aren't you from the chill-out state? Maybe you can channel up some new-age-Whole-Foods-incense calm right about now, because we have a big job ahead called staying alive."
Author: Libba Bray
35. "Cold men destroy women," my mother wrote me years later. "They woo them with something personable that they bring out for show, something annexed to their souls like a fake greenhouse, lead you in, and you think you see life and vitality and sun and greenness, and then when you love them, they lead you out into their real soul, a drafty, cavernous, empty ballroom, inexorably arched and vaulted and mocking you with its echoes—you hear all you have sacrificed, all you have given, landing with a loud clunk. They lock the greenhouse and you are as tiny as a figure in an architect's drawing, a faceless splotch, a blur of stick limbs abandoned in some voluminous desert of stone."
Author: Lorrie Moore
36. "It's funny, I started by making fake American movies, 'The Transporter' and stuff like that. I was shooting in France, but everything was in English. But then afterwards, I was looking at real French movies like the Jacques Audiard movies."
Author: Louis Leterrier
37. "Budapest is a prime site for dreams: the East's exuberant vision of the West, the West's uneasy hallucination of the East. It is a dreamed-up city; a city almost completely faked; a city invented out of other cities, out of Paris by way of Vienna — the imitation, as Claudio Magris has it, of an imitation."
Author: M. John Harrison
38. "There are two rules I've always tried to live by: turn left, if you're supposed to turn right; go through any door that you're not supposed to enter. It's the only way to fight your way through to any kind of authentic feeling in a world beset by fakery."
Author: Malcolm McLaren
39. "He frowned. She laughed. He brightened. She pouted. He grinned. She flinched. Come on: we don't do that. Except when we're pretending. Only babies frown and flinch. The rest of us just fake with our fake faces. He grinned. No He didn't. If a guy grins at you for real these days, you'd better chop his head off before he chops off yours. Soon the sneeze and the yawn will be mostly for show. Even the twitch. She laughed. No she didn't. We laugh about twice a year. Most of us have lost our laughs and now make do with false ones.He smiled. Not quite true. All that no good to think, no good to say, no good to write. All that no good to write."
Author: Martin Amis
40. "Hello fake Everett children."
Author: Monet Polny
41. "I have no desire for others to take it on themselves to analyze my thoughts. I am without thoughts. I have never, not even once, acted on the basis of any doctrine or philosophy.I am convinced that those people whom the world considers good and respects are all liars and fakes. I do not trust the world."
Author: Osamu Dazai
42. "I believe there are more films that involve love and forgiveness than violence, but they often seem fake and are almost embarrassing to watch."
Author: Park Chan Wook
43. "Michael rose to his feet and padded down the last few steps silently, came up behind Kim, and leaned over her to say, "I vant to drink your blood" in a heavy, fake-Dracula accent. She shrieked, flailed, and a zombie ate her brains on-screen.You sabotaged me!" Kim yelled, dropped the controller, and smacked him hard on the chest. "I can't believe you just totally sabotaged me!"Can't let him lose," Michael said, as Shane hit the high score and the victory music sounded. "Gotta live with the dude."They high-fived.You're seriously going to take that as a win," Kim said. "When he totally cheated for you."Yes," Shane said. "I seriously am."
Author: Rachel Caine
44. "My father is standing at the sink wearing a too-tight long-sleeved red T-Shirt, a pair of too-high jeans and sporting the type of orange glow that belongs only on Chernobyl victims. Plus his hair looks like an oil spill.'Hey you,' he says, washing what looks to be some carrots under the sink. Are they carrots or are they parsnips reflecting the sheen of my father's tangerine skin? Hard to tell.'You've fake tanned yourself again,' I say - it's a statement, not a question. 'Too much?' he says, innocently. 'I just didn't want to be one of those pasty office workers and I thought it wouldn't hurt to back up last week's application with another hit.''Dad, you look-''Sun kissed?''Radioactive. And what the hell happened to your hands?'- Cat"
Author: Rebecca Sparrow
45. "Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get."
Author: Riza Prasetyaningsih
46. "If you claim to be a real friend then be real in your soul. If you claim to be fake then be an enemy instead."
Author: Santosh Kalwar
47. "So you fake and you flaw, for your cops and your cause. It makes no difference to me. It's love that you stole, that you stole."
Author: Sara Quin
48. "My wish is going somewhere where people showing love to u is not fake.. Just real.. Lots of happiness.. A baby smile on my face just like heaven on the earth.."
49. "I supposed that if I had a third eye in the middle of my forehead she would want one of those too. "You don't want a fake orange tan, Munchkin.""Yes, I do," she insisted. "It's pretty."Alex was amused. "Oh, I think so too. Very pretty and informative. I have always wondered what the female Oompa-Loompas looked like."
Author: Tammy Blackwell
50. "Don't we all just really try to fake it well?"
Author: Yancy Butler
Quotes About Fake Pictures