Famous Quotes About False Gods
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about False Gods.
Top Quotes About False Gods
1. "Humor distorts nothing, and only false gods are laughed off their earthly pedestals."
Author: Agnes Repplier
2. "Constantly exposing yourself to popular culture and the mass media will ultimately shape your reality tunnel in ways that are not necessarily conducive to achieving your Soul Purpose and Life Calling. Modern society has generally ‘lost the plot'. Slavishly following its false gods and idols makes no sense in a spiritually aware life."
Author: Anthon St. Maarten
3. "Justification by grace through faith' is the theologian's learned phrase for what Chesterton once called 'the furious love of G-d.' He is not moody or capricious; He knows no seasons of change. He has a single relentless stance toward us: He loves us. He is the only G-d man has ever heard of who loves sinners. False gods- the gods of human manufacturing- despise sinners, but the Father of (Yeshua) loves all, no matter what they do."
Author: Brennan Manning
4. "... work is an act of worship. When people seek to fulfill their callings by glorifying God in their work, praising Him for their gifts and abilities, and seeing both their efforts and its products as an offering to Him, then work is an act of worship to God. On the other hand, when work is done to glorify oneself or merely to achieve more wealth, it becomes worship of false gods. How we work and for whom we work really matters."
Author: Brian Fikkert
5. "The Happy Trinity is her home: nothing can trouble her joy.She is the bird that evades every net: the wild deer that leaps every pitfall.Like the mother bird to its chickens or a shield to the armed knight: so is the Lord to her mind, in His unchanging lucidity.Bogies will not scare her in the dark: bullets will not frighten her in the day.Falsehoods tricked out as truths assail her in vain: she sees through the lie as if it were glass.The invisible germ will not harm her: nor yet the glittering sunstroke.A thousand fail to solve the problem, ten thousand choose the wrong turning: but she passes safely through.He details immortal gods to attend her: upon every road where she must travel.They take her hand at hard places: she will not stub her toes in the dark.She may walk among lions and rattlesnakes: among dinosaurs and nurseries of lionettes.He fills her brim full with immensity of life: he leads her to see the world's desire."
Author: C.S. Lewis
6. "No natural feelings are high or low, holy or unholy, in themselves. They are all holy when God's hand is on the rein. They all go bad when they set up on their own and make themselves into false gods."
Author: C.S. Lewis
7. "Even when he turns from religion, man remains subject to it; depleting himself to create false gods, he then feverishly adopts them; his need for fiction, for mythology triumphs over evidence and absurdity alike."
Author: Emil Cioran
8. "Science has never killed or persecuted a single person for doubting or denying its teaching, and most of these teaching have been true; but religion has murdered millions for doubting or denying her dogmas and most of these dogmas have been false.All stories about gods and devils, of heavens and hells, as they do not conform to nature, and are not apparent to sense, should be rejected without consideration. Beyond the universe there is nothing and within the universe the supernatural does not and cannot exist.Of all deceivers who have plagued mankind, none are so deeply ruinous to human happiness as those imposters who pretend to lead by a light above nature.The lips of the dead are closed forever. There comes no voice from the tomb. Christianity is responsible for having cast the fable of eternal fire over almost every grave."
Author: Gratis P. Spencer
9. "We do not turn from our false gods to become God's children. We turn from them because we are."
Author: Kelly Minter
10. "Truth came home one day, naked and wounded, having been beaten and cursed by the people who did not wish to hear, while his brother Falsehood went dressed in the brightest garments and feasted with every household."What shall I do?" cried Truth to the gods. "No man wishes to hear me and all beat me and throw things at me; look, I am covered with dung.""You are naked" said the goddess Maat, sympathetically. "No naked one can command respect. Therefore take these robes and you will walk without fear and all men will sit at your feet to hear your stories." And she dressed Truth in Fable's garments, and he was welcome at every house."
Author: Kerry Greenwood
11. "Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself; the Lord will hear when I call to him.In your anger do not sin; When you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.Offer the right sacrifices and trust in the Lord.Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety."
Author: King David
12. "That's when I started to leave it behind. I realized that I got my entire validation from women. Women became like gods to me, but false gods."
Author: Neil Strauss
13. "Prayer is essentially the practice of the presence of God, and that is the road to Heaven. There is no alternative. God is the only game in town. All other roads are dead ends. Since we must give our all to the one true God, we must not give any part to idols, to the many false gods that now bite away at our lives."
Author: Peter Kreeft
14. "I believe...that to be very poor and very beautiful is most probably a moral failure more than an artistic success. Shakespeare would have done well in any generation because he would have refused to die in a corner; he would have taken the false gods and made them over; he would have taken the current formulae and forced them into something lesser men thought them incapable of. Alive today he would undoubtedly have written and directed motion pictures, plays, and God knows what. Instead of saying, "This medium is not good," he would have used it and made it good. If some people called some his work cheap (which some of it was), he wouldn't have cared a rap, because he would know that without some vulgarity there is no complete man. He would have hated refinement, as such, because it is always a withdrawal, and he was too tough to shrink from anything."
Author: Raymond Chandler
15. "It is contended by many that ours is a Christian government, founded upon the Bible, and that all who look upon the book as false or foolish are destroying the foundation of our country. The truth is, our government is not founded upon the rights of gods, but upon the rights of men. Our Constitution was framed, not to declare and uphold the deity of Christ, but the sacredness of humanity. Ours is the first government made by the people and for the people. It is the only nation with which the gods have had nothing to do. And yet there are some judges dishonest and cowardly enough to solemnly decide that this is a Christian country, and that our free institutions are based upon the infamous laws of Jehovah."
Author: Robert G. Ingersoll
16. "Without art, we should have no notion of the sacred; without science, we should always worship false gods."
Author: W.H. Auden
Quotes About False Gods Pictures