Famous Quotes About Family Causing Pain
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Family Causing Pain.
Top Quotes About Family Causing Pain
1. "I was a very special child. I did stand-up comedy. I did it all. My family didn't understand. 'Aren't you tired?' I'm like, 'No.' I'm like an insomniac, I hardly sleep, I'm always on the move."
Author: Alessandra Torresani
2. "They never were planning to be here. All my family are going to London because they wanted to go to the big one. There was never any showdown - there wouldn't be."
Author: Charlotte Church
3. "It takes a lot of work to put together a marriage, to put together a family and a home."
Author: Elizabeth Edwards
4. "O.K., then, all right, they would adopt a white-trash dog. Ha ha. They could name it Zeke, buy it a little corncob pipe and a straw hat. She imagined the puppy, having crapped on the rug, looking up at her, going, Cain't hep it. But no. Had she come from a perfect place? Everything was transmutable. She imagined the puppy grown up, entertaining some friends, speaking to them in a British accent: My family of origin was, um, rather not, shall we say, of the most respectable...Ha ha, wow, the mind was amazing, always cranking out these—"
Author: George Saunders
5. "His eyebrows pulled in. "You won't leave me, right? Even when I'm a pain in the ass?""I vowed in front of God – and Elvis – that I wouldn't, didn't I?"
Author: Jamie McGuire
6. "I have lots of Scottish blood and know that my family name is Scottish. At my home in the States I have a tartan crest but, unfortunately, I do a terrible Scottish accent."
Author: Jesse Tyler Ferguson
7. "It must be emphasized that as a father, you are always teaching. For good or ill your family learns your ways, your beliefs, your heart, your ideas, your concerns. Your children may or may not choose to follow you, but the example you give is the greatest light you hold before your children, and you are accountable for that light."
Author: Joseph Smith Jr.
8. "I was a product of a divorced family and I used humor as a weapon to combat sadness. I used comedy to make my mother laugh in light of the darkness that she faced, and to me it became a very powerful tool at a very young age, at six. I saw how therapeutic it could be."
Author: Josh Gad
9. "I wish I could change things for you, make it so this all doesn't have to hurt so much. But that's the point, isn't it? That one day we'll find that the pain we suffered was worth it."
Author: Karen White
10. "Since the Common Rule says that research subjects must be allowed to withdraw from research at any time, these experts have told me that, in theory, the Lacks family might be able to withdraw HeLa cells from all research worldwide. And in fact, there are precedents for such a case, including one in which a woman successfully had her father's DNA removed from a database in Iceland. Every researcher I've mentioned that idea to shudders at the thought of it."
Author: Rebecca Skloot
11. "It didn't make much sense to me then, what Gnut was going through, but after Pila and me had our little twins, and we put a family together, I got an understanding of how terrible love can be. You wish you hated those people, your wife and children, because you know the things the world will do to them, because you have done some of those things yourself. It's crazy-making, yet you cling to them with everything and close your eyes against the rest of it. But still you wake up late at night and lie there listening for the creak and splash of oars, the clank of steel, the sounds of men rowing toward your home."
Author: Wells Tower
Quotes About Family Causing Pain Pictures