Famous Quotes About Famous Earthquakes
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Famous Earthquakes.
Top Quotes About Famous Earthquakes
1. "Everyone's parents were famous actors at my school, pretty much! I think I went to school with Paris Hilton when I was three. That's what L.A. is, though - it's an industry town. You go to school with kids and you think, 'Well that's normal, they make movies.'"
Author: Alice Eve
2. "George Harrison was also a pleasure to work with. He was one of the most famous people I've ever known, but in spite of that fame, he was such a nice and friendly guy."
Author: Alvin Lee
3. "I earned my famous name."
Author: Brian Wilson
4. "I may not be the most famous songwriter in the world, but you know a David Friedman song when you hear it. It took me a long time to appreciate that."
Author: David Friedman
5. "I want to be famous but unknown!"
Author: Edgar Degas
6. "[On famous Nobel Laureate Niels Bohr][Niels] Bohr's sort of humor, use of parables and stories, tolerance, dependence on family, feelings of indebtedness, obligation, and guilt, and his sense of responsibility for science, community, and, ultimately, humankind in general, are common traits of the Jewish intellectual. So too is a well-fortified atheism. Bohr ended with no religious belief and a dislike of all religions that claimed to base their teachings on revelations."
Author: Finn Aaserud
7. "These people will never understand him! He'll be famous — a legend — I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter Day in the future — there will be books written about Harry — every child in our world will know his name!"
Author: J.K. Rowling
8. "Winning one soul for JESUS CHRIST worth more than being famous in pleasing a sinful world"
Author: James C. Uwandu
9. "I've long believed that for an award to gain prestige, all it takes is having one famous person win it—even if that one person doesn't know about the award or the fact that they've won it. That's why last year's "Albatross Harbor's Man of the Year Award" went to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. And from all the votes this year (one), it looks like the winner will be me. I've already begun writing my acceptance speech."
Author: Jarod Kintz
10. "Be A Famous Person Is Difficult , But Very Difficult To Be The Intelligent Man."
Author: Jemmy Wiratama
11. "We all want to be famous people, and the moment we want to be something we are no longer free."
Author: Jiddu Krishnamurti
12. "With a dreamy sigh, I prop my chin on my fists. "Who knew that one day I'd be on a date with the lead singer from a famous boy band?"He scowls. "Infinite Gray was not a boy band.""Were there any girls in the band?""No.""That makes you a boy band.""It made us an all-male rock group."I bite back my smile. He's so cute when he's irritated. "Right, like 'N Sync."He winces. "Not like 'N Sync. Jesus, watch where you hurl those things. Words hurt, Maggie."
Author: Lexi Ryan
13. "Becoming famous and selling a lot of records doesn't change a thing."
Author: Macy Gray
14. "They did not wait so eagerly for each new transmission from the ansible; the names that were famous on earth meant little to them now."
Author: Orson Scott Card
15. "It's all a big racket; they're playing it on themselves. I mean, a gun goes through a famous battle, like the Meuse-Argonne, and it's the same as if it hadn't, unless you know. It's in here.' He tapped his head. 'In the mind, not the gun."
Author: Philip K. Dick
16. "Jen put her hands on her hips and pinned Sally with the famous 'you're going to spit it out or I'm going to rip it out of you' look. "You talked?" Jen asked sarcastically. "Sally," she cleared her throat then continued, "you have a mate. A guaranteed husband. A sure thing. Not to mention he's hot, funny, sweet, and he has a dimple. You talked?" She repeated. This time Jen's voice was skeptical. Before Sally could defend herself, however, her door opened slowly, calculatingly."I know you weren't describing me Jennifer. So who is this male who has caught your eye so descriptively? Please do tell, so that I can rip him to pieces." Decebel's power filled the room and Sally took an involuntary step away from the very angry Alpha."
Author: Quinn Loftis
17. "You know who we been living with for the past week? We been living with the only man in history who ever took a piece in the ladies' can of a Boston & Maine train. When the conductor caught him in there with his Winter Carnival date she screamed, ‘He trapped me!' and that's how he got his name. This is the famous Trapper John. God, Trapper, I speak for the Duke as well as myself when I say it's an honor to have you with us. Have a martini, Trapper."
Author: Richard Hooker
18. "The earthquakes in people's heads, half the city's population was cracked, a rabble of doom-merchants, psychos, ghouls. They could smell a funeral a mile off, and out they crawled, out of the woodwork. A funeral lit them up, it was like fuel, it kept them burning for days."
Author: Rupert Thomson
19. "The world of publishing is in crisis. It's no coincidence that the worst published writer in the world today is also one of the world's most successful writers... Dan Brown. Now Dan Brown is not a good writer, The Da Vinci Code is not literature. Dan Brown writes sentences like "The famous man looked at the red cup." ...and it's only to be hoped that Dan Brown never gets a job where he's required to break bad news. "Doctor is he going to be alright?" "The seventy five year old man died a painful death on the large green table... it was sad"."
Author: Stewart Lee
20. "Very gently and quietly, almost as if it were the blood singing in her veins, or the water of the stream running over stones, she became conscious of a new feeling within her. She wondered for a moment what it was, and then said to herself, with a little surprise at recognising in her own person so famous a thing: is happiness."
Author: Virginia Woolf
Quotes About Famous Earthquakes Pictures