Famous Quotes About Famous Nursery Rhymes
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Famous Nursery Rhymes.
Top Quotes About Famous Nursery Rhymes
1. "...one or both of those babies could be president one day. Or they could discover the cure for a terrible disease, or one could be a famous musician or even a preacher.' I stopped and considered for a minute, wondering what would impress her more than that. 'Or just be fine and decent men or women, or man and woman, who would be a blessing to you in your old age. There's a purpose for every soul that comes into this world..."
Author: Ann B. Ross
2. "I'm not famous; I am simply very well-known to certain people. Famous is something different."
Author: Anton Corbijn
3. "I'm busier than ever and it's led to new opportunities. But I've never worried about being rich or famous - for me, it's all about the dancing."
Author: Anton Du Beke
4. "To die famous is the goal of the immortal. To die young is the goal of the healthy. To die memorably is the goal of the survivor."
5. "You're gonna get your traditional Busta Rhymes and Pharrell collabo. My man Focus from the Aftermath crew; Dr. Dre; the late, great J Dilla got work on the album. It's gonna be great - look forward to the new bang-out."
Author: Busta Rhymes
6. "We teach them not to notice the different sense of the possessive pronoun .. . Even in the nursery a child can be taught to mean by "my Teddy-bear" not the old imagined recipient of affection to whom it stands in a special relation (for that is what the Enemy will teach them to mean if we are not careful) but "the bear I can pull to pieces if I like."
Author: C.S. Lewis
7. "Sophie did this?" He said, not for the first time. They were standing at the foot of Jessamine's bed. She lay flung upon it, her chest rising and falling slowly like the famous Sleeping Beauty waxwork or Madame du Barry. Her fair hair was scattered on the pillow, and a large, bloody welt ran across her forehead. Each of her wrists was tied to a post of the bed. "Our Sophie?"Tessa glanced over at Sophie, who was sitting in a chair by the door. Her head was down, and she was staring at her hands. She studiously avoided looking at Tessa or Will. "Yes,"Tessa said, "and do stop repeating it." " I think i may be in love with you, Sophie," said Will. "Marriage could be on the cards."Sophie whimpered."
Author: Cassandra Clare
8. "People seldom become famous for what they say until after they are famous for what they've done."
Author: Cullen Hightower
9. "I'm fortunate to be famous for two rather imposing characters like Magneto and Gandalf."
Author: Ian Mckellen
10. "Comedy has to be done en clair. You can't blunt the edge of wit or the point of satire with obscurity. Try to imagine a famous witty saying that is not immediately clear."
Author: James Thurber
11. "This is our siblings of more famous BookWorld Personalities self-help group expalined Loser (Gatsby). That's Sharon Eyre, the younger and wholly disreputable sister of Jane; Roger Yossarian, the draft dodger and coward; Rupert Bond, still a virgin and can't keep a secret; Tracy Capulet, who has slept her way round Verona twice; and Nancy Potter, who is a Muggle."
Author: Jasper Fforde
12. "I love meeting famous people. I'm even happy just looking at them."
Author: Joey McIntyre
13. "We had an interesting thing at that first dinner. It was prior to the availability of several new hotels in Los Angeles, and we were more or less committed to the old Ambassador Hotel that has the famous Coconut Grove."
Author: Lew Wasserman
14. "It seems obvious, looking back, that the artists of Weimar Germany and Leninist Russia lived in a much more attenuated landscape of media than ours, and their reward was that they could still believe, in good faith and without bombast, that art could morally influence the world. Today, the idea has largely been dismissed, as it must in a mass media society where art's principal social role is to be investment capital, or, in the simplest way, bullion. We still have political art, but we have no effective political art. An artist must be famous to be heard, but as he acquires fame, so his work accumulates 'value' and becomes, ipso-facto, harmless. As far as today's politics is concerned, most art aspires to the condition of Muzak. It provides the background hum for power."
Author: Robert Hughes
15. "I love to write rhymes that have that perfect jingle. You know what I'm saying when it makes your Heart tingle."
Author: Stanley Victor Paskavich
16. "Bill Gates (and his successor at Microsoft, Ray Ozzie) are famous for taking annual reading vacations. During the year they deliberately cultivate a stack of reading material—much of it unrelated to their day-to-day focus at Microsoft—and then they take off for a week or two and do a deep dive into the words they've stockpiled. By compressing their intake into a matter of days, they give new ideas additional opportunities to network among themselves, for the simple reason that it's easier to remember something that you read yesterday than it is to remember something you read six months ago."
Author: Steven Johnson
17. "You could become internationally famous - you're Gemini, and according to antique authority have a literary talent, which of course your letters prove."
Author: Ted Hughes
18. "We wait. No sense spooking him. We let him come in nice and close while we do our famous imitation of a hole in the water,"
Author: Tom Clancy
Quotes About Famous Nursery Rhymes Pictures