Famous Quotes About Famous Persuasion
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Famous Persuasion.
Top Quotes About Famous Persuasion
1. "I am thrilled to write 'The Treasure Chest,' and to bring to life not only the childhoods of famous people from history, but also the characters of Maisie and Felix, who I hope you will fall in love with just as I have!"
Author: Ann Hood
2. "My aunt is a famous L.A. chef, Susan Feniger, and she's got Street and Border Grill. So a fun night out for me is to go to my aunt's restaurants."
Author: Ben Feldman
3. "In fact, I'd just like to own something. Everyone thinks I'm glamorous, rich and famous but all I've got is some recording equipment and a battered old BMW."
Author: Dido Armstrong
4. "One of the various theories proposed to explain the negative result of the famous Michelson-Morley experiment with light waves (conceived to measure the absolute space), was based on the ballistic hypothesis, i.e. on postulating that the speed of light predicted by Maxwell's equations was not given as relative to the medium but as relative to the transmitter (firearm). Had that been the case, the experiment negative results would have not caused such perplexity and frustration (as we shall see in forthcoming sections)."
Author: Felix Alba Juez
5. "For that moment I touched an emotion beyond the common range of men, yet one the poor brutes we dominate know only too well. I felt as a rabbit might feel returning to his burrow, and suddenly confronted by the work of a dozen busy navvies digging the foundations of a house. I felt the first inkling of a thing that presently grew quite clear in my mind, that oppressed me for many days, a sense of dethronement, a persuasion that I was no longer master, but an animal among animals; under the Martian heel."
Author: H.G. Wells
6. "The long triangular grooves on the car had been formed within the death of an unknown creature, its vanished identity abstracted in terms of the geometry of this vehicle. How much more mysterious would be our own deaths, and those of the famous and powerful?"
Author: J.G. Ballard
7. "There are objects made up of two sense elements, one visual, the other auditory—the colour of a sunrise and the distant call of a bird. Other objects are made up of many elements—the sun, the water against the swimmer's chest, the vague quivering pink which one sees when the eyes are closed, the feeling of being swept away by a river or by sleep. These second degree objects can be combined with others; using certain abbreviations, the process is practically an infinite one. There are famous poems made up of one enormous word, a word which in truth forms a poetic object, the creation of the writer. The fact that no one believes that nouns refer to an actual reality means, paradoxically enough, that there is no limit to the numbers of them."
Author: Jorge Luis Borges
8. "She cracked a sexy smile with a side of condescension. "Jack, I'm not looking to know you."No, she wasn't, unless you counted biblically. She was looking for the guy who indiscriminately dated and bedded famous women. A guy whose life could be reduced to adjectives, most of them unflattering. That guy."
Author: Kate Meader
9. "It's not like I'm that wildly famous that it's disrupted my lifestyle in some way."
Author: Mariana Klaveno
10. "Bill Cosby is a famous black guy who has a bully pulpit the size of the world; it's global. He puts his colossal foot on the vulnerable necks of poor people, and as a result of that, we don't have a balanced conversation."
Author: Michael Eric Dyson
11. "I fear that, in the end, the famous debate among materialists, idealists, and dualists amounts to a merely verbal dispute that is more a matter for the linguist than for the speculative philosopher."
Author: Moses Mendelssohn
12. "The press attack people to sell more papers without thinking, but when you get famous you have to put up with this kind of stuff."
Author: Roberto Cavalli
13. "All I say is that I don't go out with famous men."
Author: Samantha Mumba
14. "We needed to become world-famous soon, while there was still that kind of world to be famous in..."
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Quotes About Famous Persuasion Pictures