Famous Quotes About Feeling Blessed
Browse 37 famous quotes and sayings about Feeling Blessed.
Top Quotes About Feeling Blessed
1. "When I was a fairly precocious young man I became thoroughly impressed with the futility of the hopes and strivings that chase most men restlessly through life. Moreover, I soon discovered the cruelty of that chase, which in those years was much more carefully covered up by hypocrisy and glittering words than is the case today. By the mere existence of his stomach everyone was condemned to participate in that chase. The stomach might well be satisfied by such participation, but not man insofar as he is a thinking and feeling being."
Author: Albert Einstein
2. "I'm blessed in my good friends, and some of them happen to be writers, though that's almost never what our friendships are about. And every writer I've ever read, living or dead, has in one way or another helped and inspired. I have a feeling it's important not to mix the two up."
Author: Ali Smith
3. "I'm not so much surprised by the success of 'Ugly Betty' as I am feeling so blessed by it."
Author: Ana Ortiz
4. "Your eyes are as a flame, but our brothers have neither hope nor fire. Your mouth is cut of granite, but our brothers are soft and humble. Your head is high, but our brothers cringe. You walk, but our brothers crawl. We wish to be damned with you, rather than blessed with all our brothers. Do as you please with us, but do not send us away from you."
Author: Ayn Rand
5. "I didn't say Tvlakv isn't a bastard. He's just a likable bastard." He hesitated, then grimaced. "Those are the worst kind. When you kill them, you end up feeling guilty for it."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
6. "Here is the easiest way to explain the genius of Johnny Cash: Singing from the perspective of a convicted muderer in the song "Folsom Prison Blues,: Cash is struck by pangs of regret when he sits in his cell and hears a distant train whistle. This is because people on that train are "probably drinkin' coffee." And this is also why Cash seems completely credible as a felon: He doesn't want freedom or friendship or Jesus or a new lawyer. He wants coffee. Within the mind of a killer, complex feeling are eerily simple. This is why killers can shoot men in Reno just to watch them die, and the rest of us usually can't."
Author: Chuck Klosterman
7. "The feeling that the world is full of people who think different is synonymous with wrong."
Author: David Levithan
8. "Being truly happy in life involves you feeling more in control of the direction your life is going."
Author: Deborah Day
9. "Is it love to worship a saint in heaven, whom you dare not touch, who hovers above you like a cloud, which floats away from you even as you gaze? To love is to feel one being in the world at one with us, our equal in sin as well as in virtue. To love, for us men, is to clasp one woman with our arms, feeling that she lives and breathes just as we do, suffers as we do, thinks with us, loves with us, and, above all, sins with us. Your mock saint who stands in a niche is not a woman if she have not suffered, still less a woman if she have not sinned. Fall at the feet of your idol an you wish, but drag her down to your level after that- the only level she should ever reach, that of your heart."
Author: Emmuska Orczy
10. "When the fight ends you can afford to relax. That's the worst part. Winner or loser you have again eyes to see around you. Blood, butchered bodies, bodies pierced by arrows. You stir inside, your heart tightens, the feeling of loss wells up. The sense of smell is the next thing to revive, adding a new dimension of pain. I closed the eyes of the last cadet, blue eyes, unseeing, his body, so small, almost a child, the youngest cadets were all gone, their faces surprised in death. Cold lips never able again to kiss a girl. It's then that the emptiness swallows you and you mourn inside. Damn you, Scharon. No! Damn you, Travellers."
Author: Florian Armas
11. "'Tis to create, and in creating live A being more intense, that we endow With form our fancy, gaining as we give The life we image, even as I do now. What am I? Nothing: but not so art thou, Soul of my thought! with whom I traverse earth, Invisible but gazing, as I glow Mix'd with thy spirit, blended with thy birth,And feeling still with thee in my crush'd feelings' dearth."
Author: George Gordon Byron
12. "First the fish needs to say: Somethin' ain't right about this CAMEL ride...and I'm feeling so damned THIRSTY."
13. "A bubble of fear passes up my spine. It's the feeling of standing on ice and suddenly hearing it crack under your weight - both thrilling and terrifying together."
Author: Hannah Kent
14. "Every missionary who is proclaiming the name and gospel of Jesus Christ will be blessed by daily feasting from the Book of Mormon."
Author: Henry B. Eyring
15. "If I'd have went on the ice when this thing happened, someone would have speared me or something. It's a great feeling of accomplishment and pride. They had to do it; it was their moment."
Author: Herb Brooks
16. "Sweetest being, don't misunderstand me!Who dares name the nameless?Or who dares to confess:‘I believe in him'?Yet who, in feeling,Self-revealing,Says: ‘I don't believe'?The all-clasping,The all-upholding,Does it not clasp, upholdYou: me, itself?Don't the heavens arch above us?Doesn't earth lie here under our feet?And don't the eternal stars, rising,Look down on us in friendship?Are not my eyes reflected in yours?And don't all things pressOn your head and heart,And weave, in eternal mystery,Visibly: invisibly, around you? Fill your heart from it: it is so vast,And when you are blessed by the deepest feeling,Call it then what you wish,Joy! Heart! Love! God!I have no name For it! Feeling is all:Names are sound and smoke,Veiling Heaven's bright glow."
Author: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
17. "Possibly the deep feeling is that if people learn to eat one another the food supply would be so generous and so available that no one would be either safe or hungry."
Author: John Steinbeck
18. "The name of Jesus, like a secret charm, awakened similar emotions in the hearts of all the converts, and called immediately into action every feeling of moral loveliness, and every desire of dutiful obedience, which constitute Christian purity."
Author: John Strachan
19. "I'll tell you, I now know why Jesus called himself the Good Shepherd. It was because he had such a deep and beautiful feeling of love for people like you, and among all the people he knew in Palestine, they were the ones he loved and worried about the most. And he made treatment of you and those like you the basis for how he will judge people when they die. He will say to people who are kind to you, 'Come, blessed of my Father, into the kingdom of heaven, because when I was homeless and hungry and naked and ill and in prison, you cared for me. As long as you did this for the least among you, you did it to me. So come into my Father's home, and those who are not kind to you, God will give them a hard time, a very hard time."
Author: Joseph F. Girzone
20. "I had a feeling you'd like that," he said with a satisfied grin."Why do I feel it . . . everywhere?""Everywhere?" he murmured. His fingers moved between her legs. "Or here?""Everywhere," she said breathlessly, "but there most of all."
Author: Julia Quinn
21. "You're sitting with some guys, and you're playing and you go, "Ooh, yeah!" That feeling is worth more than anything. There's a certain moment when you realize that you've actually just left the planet for a bit and that nobody can touch you. You're elevated because you're with a bunch of guys that want to do the same thing as you. And when it works, baby, you've got wings. You know you've been somewhere most people will never get; you've been to a special place."
Author: Keith Richards
22. "My day began with me feeling victorious. I feel powerful, blessed & loved. God is rock solid & steady, never waivering or slack in His promise. This day shall be amazing. Why? Because I said so. The words that flow from my mouth will accomplish that in which I sent it & will NOT return unto me void. Have an unforgettable, blessed day beautiful people : ) LK"
Author: LaNina King
23. "Call saw that everyone was looking at him, the hands and cowboys and townspeople alike. The anger had drained out of him, leaving him feeling tired. He didn't remember the fight, particularly, but people were looking at him as if they were stunned. He felt he should make some explanation, though it seemed to him a simple situation."I hate a man that talks rude," he said. "I won't tolerate it."
Author: Larry McMurtry
24. "Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
25. "I would love to document the Roots; I think they have an interesting story. I have a curiosity about them. Their musicality and their live performances I think would be great, and I have a feeling that there are stories behind each one of them."
Author: Michael Rapaport
26. "Unless there is a strong sense of place there is no travel writing, but it need not come from topographical description; dialogue can also convey a sense of place. Even so, I insist, the traveler invents the place. Feeling compelled to comment on my travel books, people say to me, "I went there"---China, India, the Pacific, Albania-- "and it wasn't like that." I say, "Because I am not you."
Author: Paul Theroux
27. "Our feeling is that the most important thing on a set is that actors have enough confidence to try different things. If there's stress or tension, they won't go out on a limb because they won't want to embarrass themselves if they don't feel completely comfortable."
Author: Peter Farrelly
28. "You'll be eighteen soon, but even so…" He sighed. "When this comes out, a lot of people aren't going to be happy.""Yeah, well, they can deal." Rumors and gossip I could handle."I also have a feeling your mother's going to have a very ugly conversation with me.""You're about to face down Strigoi, and my mother's the one you're scared of?"
Author: Richelle Mead
29. "How reprehensible it is when those blessed with commodities insist on ignoring the poor. Better to torment them, force them into indentured servitude, inflict compulsion and blows—this at least produces a connection, fury and a pounding heart, and these too constitute a form of relationship. But to cower in elegant homes behind golden garden gates, fearful lest the breath of warm humankind touch you, unable to indulge in extravagances for fear they might be glimpsed by the embittered oppressed, to oppress and yet lack the courage to show yourself as an oppressor, even to fear the ones you are oppressing, feeling ill at ease in your own wealth and begrudging others their ease, to resort to disagreeable weapons that require neither true audacity nor manly courage, to have money, but only money, without splendor: That's what things look like in our cities at present"
Author: Robert Walser
30. "I'll keep working as long as I live because singing has taken on the feeling of joy that I had when I started, when my only responsibility was to sing well."
Author: Rosemary Clooney
31. "I want to dance always, to be good and not evil, and when it is all over not to have the feeling that I might have done better."
Author: Ruth St. Denis
32. "She slowly rolled the book over in her hands, memorizing the cover as she said goodbye. She flipped through the pages, feeling the air on her face and breathing in the smell of the paper."
Author: Sage Steadman
33. "As always, the blessed relief of starting, a feeling that was like falling into a hole filled with bright light.As always, the glum knowledge that he would not write as well as he wanted to write. As always the terror of not being able to finish, of accelerating into a brick wall. As always, the marvelous joyful nervy feeling of journey begun."
Author: Stephen King
34. "I am always saddened by the death of a good person. It is from this sadness that a feeling of gratitude emerges. I feel honored to have known them and blessed that their passing serves as a reminder to me that my time on this beautiful earth is limited and that I should seize the opportunity I have to forgive, share, explore, and love. I can think of no greater way to honor the deceased than to live this way."
Author: Steve Maraboli
35. "Pity is the deadliest feeling that can be offered to a woman."
Author: Vicki Baum
36. "He had never got so much back for himself from any pupil as he did from Miss Kronborg. From the first she had stimulated him; something in her personality invariably affected him. Now that he was feeling his way toward her voice, he found her more interesting than ever before. She lifted the tedium of the winter for him, gave him curious fancies and reveries. Musically, she was sympathetic to him. Why this was true, he never asked himself. He had learned that one must take where and when one can the mysterious mental irritant that rouses one's imagination; that it is not to be had by order. She often wearied him, but she never bored him."
Author: Willa Cather
37. "I began to get a feeling familiar to me from my bartending days of being the only sane man in a nuthouse. It doesn't make you feel superior but depressed and scared, because there is nobody you can contact."
Author: William S. Burroughs
Quotes About Feeling Blessed Pictures