Famous Quotes About Feeling Defeated At Work
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Feeling Defeated At Work.
Top Quotes About Feeling Defeated At Work
1. "Even the vendors sitting on stools around the periphery work steadily at connection, nodding at potential buyers, like a sewing machine prodding its needle into the cloth."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
2. "So long as we do not know definitely what we want, our forces will be scattered, and so long as our forces are scattered, we will accomplish but little, or fail entirely. When we know what we want, however, and proceed to work for it with all the power and ability that is in us, we may rest assured that we will get it. When we direct the power of thinking, the power of will, the power of mental action, the power of desire, the power of ambition, in fact, all the power we possess on the one thing we want, on the one goal we desire to reach, it is not difficult to understand why success in a greater and greater measure must be realized."
Author: Christian D. Larson
3. "You think maybe if you just work harder and faster, you can hold off the chaos, but then one day you're changing a patio light bulb with a five-year life span and you realize how you'll only be changing this light maybe ten more times before you'll be dead."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
4. "I just keep my head down and work hard on what I do."
Author: Clint Black
5. "The feeling he had nourished and given prominence to was one of thankfulness for his escape: he was like a traveller so grateful for rescue from a dangerous accident that at first he is hardly conscious of his bruises. Now he suddenly felt the latent ache and realized that after all he had not come off unhurt."
Author: Edith Wharton
6. "O my God, teach me to be generousto serve you as you deserve to be servedto give without counting the costto fight without fear of being woundedto work without seeking restand to spend myself without expecting any rewardbut the knowledge that I am doing your holy will.Amen"
Author: Ignatius Of Loyola
7. "A brick could be duct taped in front of your eyes, like a blindfold, so you can have that feeling of hitting your head against a brick wall all the time."
Author: Jarod Kintz
8. "The perennial conviction that those who work hard and play by the rules will be rewarded with a more comfortable present and a stronger future for their children faces assault from just about every direction. That great enemy of democratic capitalism, economic inequality, is real and growing."
Author: Jon Meacham
9. "You've got to shake your fists at lightning now, you've got to roar like forest fireYou've got to spread your light like blazes all across the skyThey're going to aim the hoses on you, show 'em you won't expireNot till you burn up every passion, not even when you dieCome on now, you've got to try, if you're feeling contempt, well then you tell itIf you're tired of the silent night, Jesus, well then you yell itCondemned to wires and hammers, strike every chord that you feelThat broken trees and elephant ivories conceal"
Author: Joni Mitchell
10. "I don't like work... but I like what is in work - the chance to find yourself. Your own reality - for yourself, not for others - which no other man can ever know."
Author: Joseph Conrad
11. "I think you're only as good as the work that you do."
Author: Josh Schwartz
12. "Falling in love means your reserve chute didn't work as you hurtled back to earth"
Author: Josh Stern
13. "You can't really, truly love a thing. Love is only possible between beings or groups of beings. Love of a thing doesn't work because it can't love back."
Author: Leland Dirks
14. "That feeling of hopelessness only serves your masters."
Author: Mort Sahl
15. "There's an imp inside me, and if I don't let him out to make some mischief now and then, the world just gets too damned dull. I hate feeling grumpy and bored. I'm an enthusiast, and the more dangerous my life becomes, the happier I am."
Author: Paul Auster
16. "By using money as the scapegoat and work as our all-consuming routine, we are able to conveniently disallow ourselves to do otherwise: 'John, I'd love to talk about the gaping void I feel in my life, the hopelessness that hits me like a punch in the eye every time I start my computer in the morning, but I have so much work to do! I've got at least three hours of unimportant email to reply to before calling prospects who said 'no' yesterday. Gotta run!"
Author: Timothy Ferriss
Quotes About Feeling Defeated At Work Pictures