Famous Quotes About Feeling Like Youre Drowning
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about Feeling Like Youre Drowning.
Top Quotes About Feeling Like Youre Drowning
1. "I am an artist, you understand? For me, a picture is like poetry. When you make art, this is not coming from an intellectual place. It's coming from the deep side of your unconscious, your soul."
Author: Alejandro Jodorowsky
2. "You see a gorgeous woman on your screens in a flak jacket, and it's almost like entertainment."
Author: Anne Sebba
3. "The cashier had long since left for home. By now she was probably bustling by an unmade bed that was waiting in her small room like a boat to carry her off to the black lagoons of sleep, into the complicated world of dreams. The person sitting in the box office was only a wraith, an illusory phantom looking with tired, heavily made-up eyes at the empyiness of light, fluttering her lashes thoughtlessly to disperse the golden dust of drowsiness scattered by the elctric bulbs."
Author: Bruno Schulz
4. "This is the one time in this book this book that I felt Mustang acted like himself. His thoughts were so "Mustang". A frown furrowed Jenna's brow. "Oh, come on. What possible harm could it do?" "Darlin', I couldn't even begin to list all the harm her meeting you could do." He pictured that cozy introduction. Sage, this is Slade and his girlfriend, Jenna. She's the woman we shared for a week in Tulsa. You should read her book. It tells all about it, right down to the old double P. Yeah, right. He might as well add on, Oh, and by the way, that the name of the porno I starred in to."
Author: Cat Johnson
5. "Consider ye the seed from which ye sprang;Ye were not made to live like unto brutesBut for pursuit of virtue and of knowledge."
Author: Dante Alighieri
6. "Those deep set eyes that look like they could tell stories for days, and that wavy brown hair that feels soft between my fingers. I try to memorize the angles of his jaw and the lines of his lips, because I know.I know this may be the last time I ever see him.Breathe fills my lungs, my throat relaxes, and I can't help but smile. Because I can see what he's thinking as clearly as if he'd spoken.He doesn't want to leave - he doesn't want to go home.He's going to choose me instead."
Author: Elizabeth Norris
7. "Realism gives me the impression of a mistake. Violence alone escapes the feeling of poverty of those realistic experiences. Only death and desire have the force that oppresses, that takes one's breath away. Only the extremism of desire and death enable one to attain the truth."
Author: Georges Bataille
8. "I only like luxury fashion. You have to decide where you stand. I like well-made, authentic clothes, well-crafted tailoring. I also like the dream and fantasy of luxury, the exception and rarity of it. I have no interest at all in fast retail. It is ambiguous."
Author: Hedi Slimane
9. "In a daydream I used to have, all these places were points of happiness to me; all these places were lifeboats to my small drowning soul, for I would imagine myself entering and leaving them, and just that - entering and leaving over and over again - would see me through a bad feeling I did not have a name for. I only knew it felt a little like sadness but heavier than that."
Author: Jamaica Kincaid
10. "Current relationship status?" Her voice cut like an arctic chill blowing through the room."If you mean me, then you're not my type. If you mean my dad, he's single, but I don't think you're his type either," I said with a small smile. Mercy didn't find it amusing. A small blue vein in her forehead started throbbing like crazy...."Actually, come to think of it, I don't think he has a type. I've never seen him with a woman.Mercy, I hate to break it to you, but there's a very real possibility my dad is gay."
Author: Jus Accardo
11. "Not bein' right isn't always somebody's fault. Sometimes it's just a fact, like the cards you pull."
Author: Kami Garcia
12. "Hence the reason I encourage you to believe what you wish. The heaven of teh Pastafarians is supposed to have beer volcanoes, which sounds like a fantastic idea to me. Imagine eruptions of a mellow chocolaty stout. There might be all-you-can-eat hot wings."~Atticus"
Author: Kevin Hearne
13. "I think I just fell into like with him."
Author: Kresley Cole
14. "It is true, perhaps, that your beauty is not a flashy beauty, as is Asher's, or Jean-Claude's, or even your Nathaniel's, but it is beauty nonetheless. Perhaps the more precious, for it grows not at the first sight of the eye, but a little more each time one speaks with you or watches you move so commandingly into a situation, or watches the truth in your eyes when you say that you are not beautiful, and I realize that you mean it. That you are not being humble, or playing silly games, you simply do not see yourself.""See, that's not beauty, that's pretty with a personality that you like.""But do you not see, Anita, that there is beauty that hits the eye like a bolt of lighting, that burns and sears and blinds. It is more disaster than pleasure. But yours, yours is a beauty that lulls one into comfort, into not protecting one's eyes from the light, then one night you realize that the moon, too, has its beauty."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
15. "But I couldn't have brought the child here, I never identified it as mine; I didn't name it before it was born even, the way you're supposed to. It was my husband's, he imposed it on me, all the time it was growing in me I felt like an incubator. He measured everything he would let me eat, he was feeding it on me, he wanted a replica of himself; after it was born I was no more use. I couldn't prove it though, he was clever: he kept saying he loved me."
Author: Margaret Atwood
16. "Once the smoke of the market crash clears off, you know, the Internet will pick back up and go. Take a look at what's happening to some of the big companies like eBay and Yahoo, the publicly traded stocks. You know, they're all coming back up off the mat now."
Author: Michael Nesmith
17. "The one who has the little need is the one who controls the whole relationship. You can see this dynamic so clearly because usually in every relationship there is one who loves the most and the other who doesn't love, who only takes advantage of the one who gives his or her heart. You can see the way they manipulate each other, their actions and reactions, and they are just like the provider and the drug addict."
Author: Miguel Ruiz
18. "Being together… it will never be right. Thought it sure as hell feels like it could. We'd result to train wrecks. We'd cause whirlwinds. We'd start wildfires."
Author: Nessie Q.
19. "I don't like answering to other people's philosophies. I don't have any philosophy, I just believe in stuff. Either I believe in something or I don't. Like, I believe in the Rolling Stones but not in the Dave Clark Five. There's nothing philosophic about it. Whenever I'm linked with a movement, it pisses me off."
Author: Patti Smith
20. "Maybe that's why he had started to fear suffocation. It wasn't so much drowning in the earth or sea but the feeling that he was sinking into too many expectations, literally getting in over his head.Wow...when he started having thoughts like that, he knew he'd been spending too much time with Annabeth."
Author: Rick Riordan
21. "Peeves are like that: my peeves are law, yours are unhealthy obsessions."
Author: Robert Lane Greene
22. "I think I will always stay involved in tennis and would like to give back by helping out young players. I have done a little commentary and may one day enjoy doing that again."
Author: Samantha Stosur
23. "Apple smiled. She could play the damsel-in-distress like a cow could jump over a moon. The male species couldn't resist wanting to help her."
Author: Shannon Hale
24. "We have to believe in a God who is like the true God in everything except that he does not exist, since we have not reached the point where God exists."
Author: Simone Weil
25. "So one must be resigned to being a clock that measures the passage of time, now out of order, now repaired, and whose mechanism generates despair and love as soon as its maker sets it going? Are we to grow used to the idea that every man relives ancient torments, which are all the more profound because they grow comic with repetition? That human existence should repeat itself, well and good, but that it should repeat itself like a hackneyed tune, or a record a drunkard keeps playing as he feeds coins into the jukebox..."
Author: Stanisław Lem
Quotes About Feeling Like Youre Drowning Pictures