Famous Quotes About Feeling Unneeded
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Feeling Unneeded.
Top Quotes About Feeling Unneeded
1. "Support the type of thinking that leads you to feeling good, peaceful & happy."
Author: Allan Lokos
2. "All my girlhood I always planned to do something big…something constructive. It's queer what ambitious dreams a girl has when she is young. I thought I would sing before big audiences or paint lovely pictures or write a splendid book. I always had that feeling in me of wanting to do something worth while. And just think, Laura…now I am eighty and I have not painted nor written nor sung." "But you've done lots of things, Grandma. You've baked bread…and pieced quilts…and taken care of your children." Old Abbie Deal patted the young girl's hand. "Well…well…out of the mouths of babes. That's just it, Laura, I've only baked bread and pieced quilts and taken care of children. But some women have to, don't they?...But I've dreamed dreams, Laura. All the time I was cooking and patching and washing, I dreamed dreams. And I think I dreamed them into the children…and the children are carrying them out...doing all the things I wanted to and couldn't."
Author: Bess Streeter Aldrich
3. "Every day I would wake up and think, 'Today is another missed opportunity to do something important.' After enough days like this, you start feeling like you are getting old, even when you are relatively young. We are all natural entrepreneurs, and being manacled to a desk job is not for us."
Author: Brian Chesky
4. "A successful argument for a government manufacturing policy has to go beyond the feeling that it's better to produce 'real things' than services. American consumers value health care and haircuts as much as washing machines and hair dryers."
Author: Christina Romer
5. "I try Dr. Pat's breathing exercises but they're not working because my entire mind is focused on keeping myself glued to the couch. I don't want to move any closer to the bathroom just in case. But I hate myself for the thought. I know it's not right or normal. I know I'm not simply some cute quirky girl like Beck says, and every moment I can't get off the couch is a moment that makes me one level crazier. That heavy, pre-crying feeling floods my sinuses and I drop my head from the weight of it. Cover my face with my hands long enough to get out a cry or two. Because there is nothing, nothing worse than not being able to undo the crazy thoughts. I ask them to leave, but they won't. I try to ignore them, but the only thing that works is giving in to them.Torture: knowing something makes no sense, doing it anyway."
Author: Corey Ann Haydu
6. "No man can sincerely resolve to apply to his daily life the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth without sensing a change in his own nature. The phrase, 'born again', has a deeper significance than many people attach to it. This changed feeling may be indescribable, but it is real."
Author: David O. McKay
7. "And the way it felt?" I whisper, as if that might soften the blow of embarrassment I'm about to deal. "Is that how you were feeling - how you feel - about me?" A breeze comes off the ocean, and my skin feels strangely empty and open as he gives an almost imperceptible nod."
Author: Elizabeth Norris
8. "Fireheart tensed, waiting for whatever had hunted down these apprentices to emerge from the trees and attack, but nothing stirred. Feeling as if his legs hardly belonged to him, he sprang down and stumbled across to Swiftpaw.The apprentice lay on his side, his legs splayed out. His black-and-white fur was torn, and his body was covered with dreadful wounds, ripped by teeth far bigger than any cat's. His jaws still snarled and his eyes glared. He was dead, and Fireheart could see that he had died fighting."
Author: Erin Hunter
9. "The best people posses a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable: they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
10. "She was staring at the low ceiling, and I had the feeling that there was another Severian there, the kind and even noble Severian who existed only in Dorcas's mind. All of us, I suppose, when we think we are talking most intimately to someone else, are actually addressing an image we have of the person to whom we believe we speak."
Author: Gene Wolfe
11. "The majority in this country have not seen anything wrong with Zuma. I go with the overwhelming feeling of this country. If the majority say, 'Zuma, do this,' I will do it."
Author: Jacob Zuma
12. "The bruises go away, and so does how you hate, and so does the feeling that everything you receive from life is something you have earned."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
13. "For a time I would feel I belonged still to a world of straightforward facts; but the feeling would not last long. Something would turn up to scare it away."
Author: Joseph Conrad
14. "Christmas is a rare occasion when we are reminded that we have obligations to people we did not choose to be related to, and that love is not just a spontaneous feeling but something we sometimes really have to work at, with people we may not even much like."
Author: Julian Baggini
15. "Can I tell you what I want? I want to stop wanting things I can't have. I want to stop falling for jerks I don't need. And I want to stop feeling like an f/ing gooey butter cake somebody left out in the rain."
Author: Kate Klise
16. "If you're feeling insecure and you need to feel special, the best place to go is somewhere foreign where people treat you as special because you're different."
Author: Kristin Scott Thomas
17. "I like parties, but I'm shy, and I often find myself standing around, feeling awkward."
Author: Michael Bergin
18. "I just get a feeling sometimes that everything is predetermined, and I am going through the motions of tracing an existence that will be what it will already be."
Author: Reif Larsen
19. "A little porch light from a distant farmhouse dimmed, feeling alone and unneeded until his smallest spark of illumination snuffed out entirely. The night fell as dark as it was quiet. Meanwhile, every secret eye within the vicinity?from insect to animal to human wanderer?stopped to blink, suddenly blinded. Their guiding light had vanished, extinguishing hope in the hearts of many. That little light had mattered, but he knew it not."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
20. "I have walked myself into my best thoughts and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it...but by sitting still, and the more one sits still, the closer one comes to feeling ill."
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
21. "Happiness is the feeling we experience when we are too busy to be miserable."
Author: Thomas L. Masson
Quotes About Feeling Unneeded Pictures