Famous Quotes About Fiddling
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Fiddling.
Top Quotes About Fiddling
1. "What's that she's fiddling with when she ought to be listening? I do believe it's a pair of tweezers. She's plucking the hairs off her arms. Off her arms, of all places. Not even legs or face, which is bad enough, but arms. Holy shit, what pathetic geisha behaviour - pain in order to please the male; has no one ever told her she has the right to be hairy if that's the way she's made?"
2. "I never bothered with cars. I was probably one of the few kids in school who didn't run around with hot-rod magazines. As I would be at home fiddling with my guitar, they would be fiddling with a car engine."
Author: Angus Young
3. "Habits are powerful, but delicate. They can emerge outside our consciousness, or can be deliberately designed. They often occur without our permission, but can be reshaped by fiddling with their parts. They shape our lives far more than we realize—they are so strong, in fact, that they cause our brains to cling to them at the exclusion of all else, including common sense."
Author: Charles Duhigg
4. "His style has the desperate jauntiness of an orchestra fiddling away for dear life on a sinking ship."
Author: Edmund Wilson
5. "It's weird I don't know anything about you,""What are you talking about? We just spent the whole day together.""Yes, but we drank loads and chatted about - I don't even know what we chatted about,""I like conversations like that," Tom said. "Much less hard work. with my ex, it was like pulling teeth sometimes. We had loads in common but we didn't see the world the same way." He stopped. "Oh, that sounds good. I should write it down." He got out his phone."You're writing that down?""Yep" Tom said, fiddling with his phoneShe stared at him, trying not to laugh. "Wow. You are weird, do you know that," she said. "Most of the time you're almost normal, but occasionally your super-weird side comes out."
Author: Harriet Evans
6. "I was a hotshot as a junior. When I was 18, I really got into fiddling around. I completely lost interest in golf, and I guess all I could think about was going to college, getting married and having babies."
Author: Hollis Stacy
7. "But it was another girl, young and new to the city, fiddling with her keys."
Author: Jennifer Egan
8. "I always think I should try to get to bed early, but then I can't stop myself from watching telly and fiddling around on the net."
Author: Jenson Button
9. "I can't imagine the scientists wanting me to walk into the lab and start fiddling around with some big bowl of electrons they had out."
Author: Jim Benton
10. "One time I can stand fiddling in front of the mirror for an hour and another time I think: well hack, this is just the best it can get. Only if I have to go to work I really try to look fantastic."
Author: Jonathan Brandis
11. "Fiddling with damp tarragon left me so intensely irritated that when I was done I had to stick the ramekin/mise en place bowls back in the fridge and go watch both the episode where Xander is possessed by a demon and the one where Giles regresses to his outrageously sexy teen self and has sex with Buffy's mom, just to get over it."
Author: Julie Powell
12. "No one would have liked that. Maybe I liked it even less. Here we go again, I said to myself. I said this so distinctly in my head that I heard it as well as said it. As if I was quite used to finding someone with no sense of boundaries in my space, fiddling with my things and breaking most of them. Here we go again"
Author: Karen Joy Fowler
13. "His seat belt was on, and his hands dropped from where he'd been fiddling with the visor. "You look small," he finally said, looking both innocent and wise."
Author: Kim Harrison
14. "I was fading helplessly away with open eyes, staring straight at the ceiling. Finally I stuck my forefinger in my mouth and took to sucking on it. Something began stirring in my brain, some thought in there scrabbling to get out, a stark-staring mad idea: What if I get a bite? And without a moment's hesitation I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my teeth together.I jumped up. I was finally awake. A little blood trickled from my finger, and I licked it off as it came. It didn't hurt, the wound was nothing really, but I was at once brought back to my sense. I shook my head, went over to the window and found a rag for the wound. While I was fiddling with this, my eyes filled with water --- I wept softly to myself. The skinny lacerated finger looked so sad. God in heaven, to what extremity I had come!"
Author: Knut Hamsun
15. "Anyway, since when are you shy? Just talk to him already!' ''And say what? Nice fiddling, handsome man?''Absolutely."
Author: Laini Taylor
16. "If 'dead' matter has reared up this curious landscape of fiddling crickets, song sparrows, and wondering men, it must be plain even to the most devoted materialists that the matter of which he speaks contains amazing, if not dreadful, powers, and may not impossibly be, as Thomas Hardy has suggested, 'but one mask of many worn by the Great Face behind."
Author: Loren Eiseley
17. "He's fiddling around in his pocket...nothing to worry about...all the young ones fiddle around in their pockets...a pistol? an erection?"
Author: Louis Ferdinand Céline
18. "I am a very musical person. I love music, and I don't just love Cape Breton fiddling, although it's my favorite."
Author: Natalie MacMaster
19. "Don't wallow in brainstorming. Time spent fiddling with a business plan or filling up whiteboards with ideas is time that you could spend actually launching your business and seeing if the idea floats. Launching gives you real, solid feedback, instead of the imaginary 'what if' scenarios dreamed up in a conference room."
Author: Naveen Jain
20. "Hallo, Bertie.""Hallo, old turnip. Where have you been all this while?""Oh, here and there! Ripping weather we're having, Bertie.""Not bad.""I see the Bank Rate is down again.""No, really?""Disturbing news from Lower Silesia, what?""Oh, dashed!"He pottered about the room for a bit, babbling at intervals. The boy seemed cuckoo."Oh, I say, Bertie!" he said suddenly, dropping a vase which he had picked off the mantelpiece and was fiddling with. "I know what it was I wanted to tell you. I'm married."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
21. "The main hallway of the Sternwood place was two stories high. Over the entrance doors, which would have let in a troop of Indian elephants, there was a broad stained-glass panel showing a knight in dark armor rescuing a lady who was tied to a tree and didn't have any clothes on but some very long and convenient hair. The knight had pushed the vizor of his helmet back to be sociable, and he was fiddling with the knots on the ropes that tied the lady to the tree and not getting anywhere. I stood there and thought that if I lived in the house, I would sooner or later have to climb up there and help him. He didn't seem to be really trying."
Author: Raymond Chandler
22. "Somebody has to tell the E.P.A. that we don't need you monkeying around and fiddling around and getting in our business with every kind of regulation you can dream up. You're doing nothing more than killing jobs. It's a cemetery for jobs at the E.P.A."
Author: Rick Perry
23. "I'm scared," Nico mumbled. He was fiddling with something—a little metal toy soldier of some kind."Stop talking!" Dr. Thorn said. "Face me!"
Author: Rick Riordan
24. "Arch turned and looked at Ian. The other man was fiddling with the neckline of his shirt. "You're just jealous, Ian, and wishing you had a soul mate of your own. In fact, I don't think any woman will be safe until you get one." Ian shot him an unamused look at his words."
Author: Rose Wynters
25. "They stood in silence for a few moments with Ryan watching him carefully. He was fiddling with his t-shirt and scuffing his sneaker against the floor as he appeared to turn something over in his mind. His expression went through a variety of metamorphoses before he finally sighed and shook his head."Y'know, I'm not a big expert on this stuff. I've never even been in a real relationship and I'm twenty-five, but like..." He trailed off for a minute, bit his lip and then shrugged before pressing on. "But I saw the way both of you guys were at the start of this whole thing, and if you two could have that kind of intense fire stuff considering the way you both were... I dunno, I wouldn't give up so easy. But then again, maybe I read too much fanfic."
Author: Santino Hassell
26. "A faint light burned in the pit revealing a furry creature hunched over a stone slab, fiddling with something. At first Gregor raised a warning hand. He thought it was a rat.Then the creature lifted his head and Gregor recognized what was left of his dad."
Author: Suzanne Collins
27. "Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?""I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people o die embarrassed."
Author: William Goldman
Quotes About Fiddling Pictures