Famous Quotes About Fighting The Storm
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Fighting The Storm.
Top Quotes About Fighting The Storm
1. "To those who fought World War II, it was plain enough that Allied bombs were killing huge numbers of German civilians, that Churchill was fighting to preserve imperialism as well as democracy, and that the bulk of the dying in Europe was being done by the Red Army at the service of Stalin. It is only in retrospect that we begin to simplify experience into myth — because we need stories to live by, because we want to honor our ancestors and our country instead of doubting them. In this way, a necessary but terrible war is simplified into a "good war," and we start to feel shy or guilty at any reminder of the moral compromises and outright betrayals that are inseparable from every combat. The best history writing reverses this process, restoring complexity to our sense of the past."
Author: Adam Kirsch
2. "Do not take someone's silence as his pride,perhaps he is busy fighting with his self"
Author: Ali Ibn Abi Talib
3. "When you get beef from the butcher, you don't feel bad for the cow that has been killed. But if someone asked you to wield a knife and kill the cow yourself, you wouldn't be able to do it.""Are you saying that you are a cow?""Exactly.""What?""You found me alive and couldn't bring yourself to kill me. It would have been alright if the storm had finished me off. I am like that cow and the storm is the butcher. Do you see now?""Yes, I see. You absolutely insist that you are a cow. I am not arguing."
Author: Anya Wylde
4. "A calm warrior will always overcome an opponent fighting on pure emotion. A warrior spellbound with emotion only feels the battle, leaving himself unable to think and strategize while the red haze of fury clouds his mind."
Author: Artemas Khan
5. "It occurred to Susan that men were always waiting for something cataclysmic--love or war or a giant asteroid. Every man wanted to be a hot-headed Bruce Willis character, fighting against the evil foreign enemy while despising the domestic bureaucracy. Men just wanted to focus on one big thing, leaving the thousands of smaller messes for the women around them to clean up."
Author: Bonnie Jo Campbell
6. "Rage flared up in Tessa and she considered belting Woolsey with the poker whether he came near her or not. He had moved awfully quickly while fighting Will, though, and she didn't fancy her chances. "You don't know James Carstairs. Don't speak about him.""Love him, do you?" Woolsey managed to make it sound unpleasant. "But you love Will, too."Tessa froze. She had known that Magnus knew of Will's affection for her, but the idea that what she felt for him in return was written across her face was too terrifying to contemplate."
Author: Cassandra Clare
7. "Behind these eyesthere is a girl trapped withinher pain – a girl feeling all the emotionsof anger and sadness.She's fighting for a way out." (In her eyes, p. 39)"
Author: Chimnese Davids
8. "You're one of us. You're nephilim. Why are you fighting with that thing?""I'm not one of you." Cameron raked a cold gaze over him. "You're a copy of a copy." He threw back his shoulders. "I'm the real deal, bitch."
Author: Darynda Jones
9. "I was now officially Beckstrom the storm rod. And I hated it."
Author: Devon Monk
10. "What I'm fighting for now in my work... for an expression relevant to all manner of blacks, poems I could take into a tavern, into the street, into the halls of a housing project."
Author: Gwendolyn Brooks
11. "Just as a flood-lighted temple is more beautiful in a severe storm or in a heavy fog, so the gospel of Jesus Christ is more glorious in times of inward storm and of personal sorrow and tormenting conflict."
Author: Harold B. Lee
12. "There's not much out there that people are fighting for that leaves them with nothing but honor."
Author: Jeffrey Donovan
13. "It's your storm, and the future of us all depends on you now. So who are you? Sage, an orphan boy who cares only for himself? Or the undisciplined, rebellious prince your father sent away? Life has tested your resilience and strength and willpower, and you have succeeded in ways nobody ever thought possible. But the storm has never been worse, and it will either destroy you, or define you. When everything is taken from you, can you still stand before us as Jaron, the Ascendant King of Carthya?"
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
14. "You're going down, Bronwyn. Them's fighting words."
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
15. "It doesn't pay to say too much when you are mad enough to choke. For the word that stings the deepest is the word that is never spoke, Let the other fellow wrangle till the storm has blown away, then he'll do a heap of thinking about the things you didn't say."
Author: Jules Renard
16. "Her eyes were like the sea before a storm on the Carolina coast."
Author: Kami Garcia
17. "But since we've been fighting for first or second place, it's grabbed the media's attention. I enjoy racing them. They are a good team and when you beat them it's something to be proud of."
Author: Larry Dixon
18. "Hopeless causes are the only ones worth fighting for. The fight for the taxpayer is the most hopeless of them all."
Author: Larry Niven
19. "Good, if you were not part Lycanthrope that blow would have killed you. Now, stop fighting your pain and embrace it."
Author: Lee Taylor
20. "There was a black marine called Philly Dog who'd been a gang lord in Philadelphia and who was looking forward to some street fighting after six months in the jungle, he could so the kickers what he could do with some city ground. (In Hue he turned out to be incredibly valuable. I saw him pouring out about a hundred rounds of .30-caliber fire into a breach in the wall, laughing, 'You got to bring some to get some'; he seemed to be about the only man in Delta Company who hadn't been hurt yet.)"
Author: Michael Herr
21. "He bent down, scratched the black dirt into his fingers. He was beginning to warm to it; the words were beginning to flow. No one in front of him was moving. He said, "This is free ground. All the way from here to the Pacific Ocean. No man has to bow. No man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do, not by what your father was. Here you can be something. Here's a place to build a home. It isn't the land--there's always more land. It's the idea that we all have value, you and me, we're worth something more than the dirt. I never saw dirt I'd die for, but I'm not asking you to come join us and fight for dirt. What we're all fighting for, in the end, is each other."
Author: Michael Shaara
22. "She jumped. "You walk like a cat!""I am a cat, sweetheart." He wanted to tease her again, so he let a low growl rumble up from his chest. "See?"Streaks of vibrant color stained her cheeks once more. But she didn't back down. "Are you planning to move?""No." He drew in a deep breath, fighting the urge to nuzzle at her throat. "You smell good. Can I taste you?" It was a half-serious question. "Just a little?""Mr. Quinn!" She took a step around him and headed off. But he'd already caught the tart bite of arousal in her scent. Satisfied, he followed, on his best behavior now. It wouldn't do to scare Annie away. Not when he planned to keep her. "
Author: Nalini Singh
23. "The life of a boxer is about fighting for world titles."
Author: Roberto Duran
24. "Listen to me, maggots. Listen for your lives, for that's what it could mean some day. You never see all that you see. One of the things they send you to me for is to show you what you don't see in what you see--what you don't see when you're scared, or fighting or running or fucking. No man sees al that he sees, but before you're gunslinger--those of you who don't go west, that is,--you'll see more in one single glance than some men see in a lifetime. And some of what you don't see in that glance you'll see afterwards, in the eye of your memory--if you live long enough to remember, that is. Because the difference between seeing and not seeing can be the difference between the living and dying."
Author: Stephen King
25. "Kill, they say. Kill because you trust us. Kill because you're fighting for the right team. Kill because they're bad, and we're good. Kill because we tell you to. Because some people are so stupid that they actually think there are thick neon lines separating good and evil. That it's easy to make that kind of distinction and go to sleep at night with a clear conscience. Because it's okay. It's okay to kill a man if someone else deems him unfit to live."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
26. "At some point he seemed to lose all confidence trying to break down the Berlin Wall. He was still fighting as only Kasparov can, but I could see it in his eyes that he knew he wasn't going to win one of these games."
Author: Vladimir Kramnik
27. "The madness of depression is, generally speaking, the antithesis of violence. It is a storm indeed, but a storm of murk. Soon evident are the slowed-down responses, near paralysis, psychic energy throttled back close to zero. Ultimately, the body is affected and feels sapped, drained."
Author: William Styron
Quotes About Fighting The Storm Pictures