Famous Quotes About Financier
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Financier.
Top Quotes About Financier
1. "A people living under the perpetual menace of war and invasion is very easy to govern. It demands no social reform. It does not haggle over expenditures for armaments and military equipment. It pays without discussion, it ruins itself, and that is an excellent thing for the syndicates of financiers and manufacturers for whom patriotic terrors are an abundant source of gain."
Author: Anatole France
2. "A financier is a pawnbroker with imagination."
Author: Arthur Wing Pinero
3. "Guantanamo Bay houses enemy combatants ranging from terrorist trainers and recruiters to bomb makers, would-be suicide bombers, and terrorist financiers."
Author: Chris Chocola
4. "When you do bigger films, the financiers take more risks."
Author: Dougray Scott
5. "Ideas are dangerous, but the man to whom they are least dangerous is the man of ideas. He is acquainted with ideas, and moves among them like a lion-tamer. Ideas are dangerous, but the man to whom they are most dangerous is the man of no ideas. The man of no ideas will find the first idea fly to his head like wine to the head of a teetotaller. It is a common error, I think, among the Radical idealists of my own party and period to suggest that financiers and business men are a danger to the empire because they are so sordid or so materialistic. The truth is that financiers and business men are a danger to the empire because they can be sentimental about any sentiment, and idealistic about any ideal, any ideal that they find lying about, just as a boy who has not known much of women is apt too easily to take a woman for the woman, so these practical men, unaccustomed to causes, are always inclined to think that if a thing is proved to be an ideal it is proved to be the ideal."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
6. "Pero entre estos sueños demasiado grandes, a los que se entregaban con una complacencia extraña, y la nulidad de sus acciones reales no se insertaba ningún proyecto racional, que hubiera conciliado las necesidades objetivas y sus posibilidades financieras. Los paralizaba la inmensidad de sus deseos."
Author: Georges Perec
7. "The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt."
Author: Henry Ford
8. "I've always resented the smug statements of politicians, media commentators, corporate executives who talked of how, in America, if you worked hard you would become rich. The meaning of that was if you were poor it was because you hadn't worked hard enough. I knew this was a lite, about my father and millions of others, men and women who worked harder than anyone, harder than financiers and politicians, harder than anybody if you accept that when you work at an unpleasant job that makes it very hard work indeed."
Author: Howard Zinn
9. "Until the public demands otherwise, the policy makers will continue to serve their financiers."
Author: James Hansen
10. "A set of huge marble busts stared smugly down from on high: great merchants and financiers of Styrian history, by the look of them. Criminals made heroes by colossal success."
Author: Joe Abercrombie
11. "Do you suppose a woman knows why she loves? Does she select? Does she say to herself, 'Go to! here is a distinguished statesman with presidential possibilities; I shall proceed to fall in love with him.' or, 'I shall set my heart upon this musician, whose fame is on every tongue?' or 'this financier, who controls the world's money markets?"
Author: Kate Chopin
12. "I loved theatre and film when I was growing up in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. My mum's a reflexologist and my dad's a corporate financier."
Author: Laura Haddock
13. "For everyone who, having no artistic sense-that is to say, no submission to subjective reality-may have the knack of reasoning about art till doomsday, especially if he be, in addition, a diplomat or financier in contact with the 'realities' of the present day, is only too ready to believe literature is an intellectual game which is destined to gradually be abandoned as time goes on."
Author: Marcel Proust
14. "The hand that gives is among the hand that takes. Money has no fatherland, financiers are without patriotism and without decency, their sole object is gain."
15. "I maintain that many an inventor, many a diplomat, many a financier is a sounder philosopher than all those who practice the dull craft of experimental psychology."
Author: Oswald Spengler
16. "Tangier is more New York than New York. ... Then you must see how alike the two places are. The life revolves wholly about the making of money. Practically everyone is dishonest. In New York you have Wall Street, here you have the Bourse. ... In New York you have the slick financiers, here the money changers. In New York you have your racketeers. Here you have your smugglers. And you have every nationality and no civic pride."
Author: Paul Bowles
17. "El pensamiento productivista, auspiciado por Occidente, ha arrastrado al mundo a una crisis de la que hay que salir a través de una ruptura radical con la escapada hacia delante del "siempre más", en el dominio financiero pero también en el de las ciencias y las técnicas. Ya es hora de que la preocupación por la ética, por la justicia, por el equilibrio duradero prevalezcan."
Author: Stéphane Hessel
18. "Eye-popping tales of growing income inequality are hardly new. By now, nearly every American must be painfully aware of the widening pay gap between top executives and shop floor laborers; between 'Master of the Universe' financiers and pretty much everyone else."
Author: Steven Rattner
19. "Un fantôme en pleine forme tient de la contradiction, tout comme un financier altruiste ou un Woody Allen optimiste. Peut-être les fantômes, lorsqu'ils reviennent sur terre, se montrent-ils sous leur jour le plus heureux ?"
Author: Takuji Ichikawa
Quotes About Financier Pictures