Famous Quotes About Finding Your Happiness
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Finding Your Happiness.
Top Quotes About Finding Your Happiness
1. "We found Trent and pulled him off the leggy girl. "Trent, it's time to get home before your parents realize we snuck out." I said. "What?" he asked confusedly. "Plus the bouncer found out we were sixteen and he does not look happy." Logan added. The girl froze, "You're sixteen? What the hell. You little perv, you're going to pay for this." Trent sputtered, "What? No." Logan looked at her all doe eyed innocence and said "Sorry Ma'am, we have to get home now because it's past our curfew." Trent stood open mouthed in shock but his eyes were shooting murderous rays. So many death glares, so little time."
Author: Amanda Kelly
2. "You'll marry me, my dragon, and you'll bear my children, and you'll drive me mad and live in that ramshackle old house with me and I'll even put up with the occasional visit from your sister ifI must. But you'll marry me. Not because you have to. But because I won't let you go.""Why?" she demanded.And he answered the only way he could, in French. "Je't'aime," he said. "I love you.""Je't'aime aussi," she said. "And I will make your life a living hell," she added in the same language.He smiled down at her. "I'm counting on it."
Author: Anne Stuart
3. "Chief beauty about the constant supply of time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoilt, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your career."
Author: Arnold Bennett
4. "But why is it so hard to forgive? Mrs. Conners asked."Pride," Dad said. "This person has already wronged you in some way, and now you are the one who has to swallow your pride, give something up, in order to forgive him."
Author: Bree Despain
5. "In Re-framing, you interpret the event in a positive way. You change your language . Instead if defining it as a problem you re-frame it as a situation . A problem is something that is upsetting and stressful. A situation is something that you simply deal with ."
Author: Brian Tracy
6. "Love is the thing that corrodes the mind and pushes it to do the unimaginable. Love is the thorn that barbs into your flesh and makes you bleed a slow, torturous death. Love is the prison that confines you to the unending darkness that absorbs chunks of your sanity with each fleeting second. Love is an immortal's worst nightmare."
Author: Dahlia L. Summers
7. "It was a good 15 or 20 years before anyone at Rand would be in the same room with me. They didn't want the question raised, 'What's your relationship with Daniel Ellsberg?' And not one of them wrote me a letter because they didn't want a letter of theirs to show up in my trash - which the FBI had been going through."
Author: Daniel Ellsberg
8. "Dammit, woman! You're scent, your stupid bloody delicious scent lingering in every crevice of my body and my wardrobe, driving me nearly mad. Do you know what it's like to want something so badly, to have it so close, and still feel that it's out of your reach? Out of control?"
Author: Delilah S. Dawson
9. "You used to believe that with age you would become less unhappy, because you then would have reasons to be sad. When you were still young, your suffering was inconsolable because you believed it to be unfounded.Your suicide was scandalously beautiful…You died because you searched for happiness at the risk of finding the void. We shall have to wait for death before we can know what it is that you found. Or before leaving off knowing anything at all, if it is to be silence and emptiness that awaits us."
Author: Édouard Levé
10. "You've got to clock the hours and pay your dues. Then eventually, people will come to you. You have to be patient and appreciative."
Author: Elisabeth Rohm
11. "Be what you want to be,not what your parents want."
12. "Some part of me . . . had been waiting, since Kelp's death, for certainty that God . . . was either dead or malicious. On the cot, now, in the rain-shadowed room with the medicine smells, I knew it was worse than that. They were a challenge, a dare: you must look at the horrors of the world and find a way back to faith in spite of what you saw. I had a glimpse of what the purer version of myself might be capable of: enduring the loss, keeping the rage and disgust down, finding meaning through suffering. But it was only a glimpse. There was so much shame, and the shame made me angry at the thought of getting better."
Author: Glen Duncan
13. "You didn't think to-" His voice jumped, anger sparking through it. "For G-d's sake, Elissa, have the decency to look at me! It didn't cross your mind to just ASK me for help?"
Author: Imogen Howson
14. "You come here because you wish to find your faith again. You can't fool God, either. He knows everything, and it's okay, because He'll forgive you. The question is whether you're ready to be forgiven"
Author: J.M. Darhower
15. "As my grandfather once famously shouted, in a drunken stupor, "You can't have fish tacos if you still have the hook in your mouth!" And while I have no idea what he meant, or how it's relevant, I tell that story to any indigenous Mexican I meet who doesn't speak English. Interestingly, they offer the wisest response possible: they simply nod and smile."
Author: Jarod Kintz
16. "Whoever you are and wherever you find yourself as you seek your way in life, I offer you "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). Wherever else you think you may be going, I ask you to "come unto Him" as the imperative first step in getting there, in finding your individual happiness and strength and success."
Author: Jeffrey R. Holland
17. "What the fuck happened to you? [...] You look like you lost a fight with a lamprey. Hickey, hickey...bruise, bruise, bruise...bite. I thought that thing on your neck the other day was just a fluke. I guess not--looks like you get off on picking up a few souvenirs when you...get off. ~Crash"
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
18. "Long ago, the gods argued over where to hide the secret to happiness, so that in finding it, the people would appreciate its importance. One god suggested a high mountain-top. Another wanted to bury it deep in some unknown land. And yet another said to hide it in the darkest waters of the ocean. Where do you suppose they hid it? They hid it in the depths of the heart. Happiness lies within one's heart. When you touch someone's heart, or your heart is touched, you feel happiness. People are made that way."
Author: Kae Maruya
19. "Happiness wasn't something you found, happiness was something you made-by living in the moment, by cherishing the people in your life right now, by finding the courage to change those things you didn't like."
Author: Laura Kaye
20. "You and I, we must carry on, Gemma. I cannot afford the luxury of love. I must marry well. And now I must look after you. It is my duty.""If you wish to suffer, you do so of your own free will, not on my behalf. Or Father's or Grandmama's or anyone's. You are a fine physician, Thomas. Why is that not enough?""Because it isn't," he says with a rare candor. "Only this and the hope of nothing more? A quiet respectability with no true greatness or heroism in it, with only my reputation to recommend me. So you see, Gemma, you are not the only one who cannot rule her own life."
Author: Libba Bray
21. "A crease of disquiet snakes across his brow. 'Your father plays with fire to gather them together like that. They are too clever. They form alliances. They develop - ambitions.'He looks so solemn I wish to soothe his fears. 'You worry too much, I am sure,' I say lightly. 'After all, they are still rooted in the ground, are they not? They cannot pull themselves up and march around wrecking havoc, like an invading army.''Maybe,' he says, though he sounds unsure. 'I have never met their like before; that is all. It disturbs me.' He gestures around. 'And not only me. The forests, the fields, the moss that grows on the rocks - none of them are happy about that garden. Nature would have kept those plants safely apart, scattered over the continents, separated by oceans. But your father has summoned them from the corners of the earth and locked them together, side by side, hidden behind walls, where they can grow in secret. It is wrong, Jessamine - I fear it is dangerous -"
Author: Maryrose Wood
22. "This isn't over, Sylvia. I'll leave you now, but I'm watching. I will not let that bastard hurt you." I said this just as I reached the door. As she shut the door I heard a strangled whisper, "No, you're perfectly capable of doing that on your own."
Author: N.M. Facile
23. "…Man's heart is a ditch full of blood. The loved ones who have died throw themselves down on the bank of this ditch to drink the blood and so come to life again; the dearer they are to you, the more of your blood they drink." - The Narrator."
Author: Nikos Kazantzakis
24. "One false word, one extra word, and somebody's thinking about how they have to buy paper towels at the store. Brevity is very important. If you're going to be longwinded, it should be for a purpose. Not just because you like your words."
Author: Patricia Marx
25. "TodayToday is the day that good things come your way and then bad things to suck all the fun from your play.Today is the day that you stub every toe; blow your nose on a sleeve thinking no one will know.Today is the day the sun bursts from the clouds and then sunbeams rain down as you smile and sing loud.Today is the day that you meet someone new. You'll tickle his fancy?he'll tickle yours too.Today you spend beaming; you'll sigh with a frown. You'll buoy up all happy and cry when let down.Today is the day you will figure things out, 'cause today is called life and that's what life's about."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
26. "Set screamed something in Ancient Egyptian. I was fairly sure it wasn't a compliment."I will rend your limbs from their sockets!" he shouted. "I will—""Die?" Carter suggested."
Author: Rick Riordan
27. "I've become convinced that genius is a vastly overrated commodity. I think this country is full of geniuses, guys and gals so bright they make your average card carrying MENSA member look like Fucko the Clown. And I think that most of them are teachers, living and working in small town obscurity because that's the way they like it."
Author: Stephen King
28. "Never let haters 'still' your flow. They can only do so with your permission."
Author: T.F. Hodge
29. "I wish I had never met you, I wish I had never even heard your name!"
Author: Testy McTesterson
Quotes About Finding Your Happiness Pictures