Famous Quotes About Finesse
Browse 33 famous quotes and sayings about Finesse.
Top Quotes About Finesse
1. "Finesse, mas ass. I'm a warrior, not your child bride."
Author: Andrea Cremer
2. "To live means to finesse the processes to which one is subjugated."
Author: Bertolt Brecht
3. "Sounds like the blues are composed of feeling, finesse, and fear."
Author: Billy Gibbons
4. "Nous savions que si l'intelligence du texte est une rude et solitaire conquête de l'esprit, la blague stupide établit, elle, une connivence reposante qui ne se partage qu'entre amis de confiance. C'est avec nos intimes que nous échangeons les histoires les plus bêtes, façon de rendre un hommage implicite à la finesse de leur esprit. Avec les autres, on fait les malins, on déballe son savoir, on en installe, on séduit."
Author: Daniel Pennac
5. "I'm a finesse pitcher without the finesse."
Author: David Cone
6. "Her professors were astonished by her leaps of thought, by the finesse and elegance of her insights. She arrived at hypotheses by sheer intuition and with what eventually one of her mentors described as an almost alarming speed; she was like a dancer, he said, out in the cosmos springing weightlessly from star to star. Drones, merely brilliant, crawled along behind with laborious proofs that supported her assertions."
Author: Deborah Eisenberg
7. "Must be I find youtough and lusty as the life, all toil and tempo,finesse and plain fight,with values so old they startle me.Must be I think of youas I do the rugged flowersthat prove themselves over and over in the spring,that elsewhere might perish,but here master the earth,bloom into gangly lives of high color,and inhale the sun, knowing the landbetter than the land does.Hardy, savvy,they will outlive us all."
Author: Diane Ackerman
8. "Des jugements, des appréciations de la vie, pour ou contre, ne peuvent, en dernière instance, jamais être vrais : ils n'ont d'autre valeur que celle d'être des symptômes — en soi de tels jugements sont des stupidités. Il faut donc étendre les doigts pour tâcher de saisir cette finesse extraordinaire que la valeur de la vie ne peut pas être appréciée. Ni par un vivant, parce qu'il est partie, même objet de litige, et non pas juge : ni par un mort, pour une autre raison. — De la part d'un philosophe, voir un problème dans la valeur de la vie, demeure même une objection contre lui, un point d'interrogation envers sa sagesse, un manque de sagesse."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
9. "One must reach out and try to grasp this astonishing finesse, that the value of lif cannot be estimated."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
10. "Digital has obviously changed things a lot, but not all for the better as far as I'm concerned. Of course it's much more convenient and you're getting instant results, but to me it just lacks the finesse of a roll of film and it has a slightly superimposed feel."
Author: Graeme Le Saux
11. "I'm not a writer because I want to make money. I'm a writer because I'm a very slow thinker, but I do care about thinking, and the only way I know how to think with any kind of finesse is by telling stories."
Author: Gregory Maguire
12. "She was simple, not being able to adorn herself, but she was unhappy, as one out of her class; for women belong to no caste, no race, their grace, their beauty and their charm serving them in place of birth and family. Their inborn finesse, their instinctive elegance, their suppleness of wit, are their only aristocracy, making some daughters of the people the equal of great ladies."
Author: Guy De Maupassant
13. "I prefer the finesse of French humour. English humour is more scathing, more cruel, as illustrated by Monty Python and Little Britain."
Author: Helen Mirren
14. "The motives behind scientism are culturally significant. They have been mixed, as usual: genuine curiosity in search of truth; the rage for certainty and for unity; and the snobbish desire to earn the label scientist when that became a high social and intellectual rank. But these efforts, even though vain, have not been without harm, to the inventors and to the world at large. The "findings" have inspired policies affecting daily life that were enforced with the same absolute assurance as earlier ones based on religion. At the same time, the workers in the realm of intuition, the gifted finessers - artists, moralists, philosophers, historians, political theorists, and theologians - were either diverted from their proper task, while others were looking on them with disdain as dabblers in the suburbs of Truth."
Author: Jacques Barzun
15. "They made comments about the women's legs, but, as they were not witty, their remarks had no finesse. Since their emotion was not torn by any point, they quite naturally skidded along on a stagnent ground of poetry."
Author: Jean Genet
16. "I told her how I thought you could always revise your life, how you could work and work on it, finesse the details, see if what you're saying is what you wanted to be saying."
Author: John Dufresne
17. "I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse."
Author: Juan Manuel Fangio
18. "If I ever stood a chance of resisting her, it evaporates the instant she leans into me. So does every last ounce of finesse that I'm normally capable of. The kiss that should've started out slow starts out like a forest fire. The first taste of her tongue consumes me.And I'm lost.And I'm lost.My hands are in her hair and my mouth is devouring hers. I give no thought to where I am or the girlfriend whose father I work for. I can't think past how badly I want to be inside the tight, hot body of the girl in my arms.But why? Why do I want her so bad?"
Author: M. Leighton
19. "And they'll vote for me because I'm the best liar, because I do it honestly, with a certain finesse. They know that lies and truth are very close, and that something beautiful rests between."
Author: Mark Helprin
20. "I do so think well of a man who dies with finesse."
Author: Michael Crichton
21. "It was actually drumming that gave me the stamina to get into sports later. I started playing drums at 13, and when I got to the international touring level... I got interested in cross-country skiing, long-distance swimming, bicycling... things that require stamina, not finesse."
Author: Neil Peart
22. "I though I made it clear that harming you isn't high on my list of priorities." He shifts her in his hold so that while he is speaking, he is looking directly into her eyes. "And even if it was - which it isn't - I certainly wouldn't go about hurting you in such a half-coccked way, nor would I do it when your back was turned. As with most other things, I'd do it face-to-face and with finesse."
Author: Nenia Campbell
23. "Some players are more physical than others, some play with more finesse. Some are just really great all-around players. So you have to change your game."
Author: Oscar Robertson
24. "To read of a detective's daring finesse or ingenious stratagem is a rare joy."
Author: Rex Stout
25. "Julia Louis-Dreyfus is just perfect in 'Veep.' She gets to show off the spiky claws beneath her patrician finesse. The obvious way to play 'Veep' would be to make Louis-Dreyfus a folksy heroine, one with more common sense or populist heart than her enemies. But she isn't one."
Author: Rob Sheffield
26. "All salt and no finesse makes Jack a dull cook."
Author: Robert Farrar Capon
27. "Yes...how else could Demandred explain the skill of the enemy general? Only a man with the experience of an ancient was so masterly at the dance of battlefields. At their core, many battle tactics were simple. Avoid being flanked, meet heavy force with pikes, infantry with a well-trained line, channelers with other channelers. And yet, the finesse of it...the little details...these took centuries to master. No man from this Age had lived long enough to learn the details with such care."
Author: Robert Jordan
28. "Getting money from my dad is a finesse job. Luckily, I have finesse coming out of my arse. I barged into his study without knocking, marched across to his desk, and held out my hand. "Give me twenty pounds," I snapped. "I need twenty pounds. Give it to me. Now!"
Author: Sarra Manning
29. "...ending a book with a sequel in such a way that the reader still has faith in the characters and in the writer. That's finesse."
Author: Shandy L. Kurth
30. "And when it comes to questioning people, I have a lot more finesse than High King Let's Beat The Shit Out Of Them Until They Answer Us. The nonviolent art of interrogating someone is totally lost on Kip. (Syn)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
31. "I think so. I can't think of anything that requires more finesse than comedy, both from a verbal and visual point of view."
Author: Stacy Keach
32. "La finesse du paysan l'emporta sur la finesse de l'homme riche, qui n'en a pas besoin pour vivre(partie 1, ch. 5)"
33. "Boss, she's a _Dragon_. They don't _believe_ in assassination. They consider it a _crime_. If you go up to her and--""Kragar," I interrupted, "I never said that I was going to go up to her and say, 'Aliera, I'm trying to assassinate this guy, how would you like to help set him up?' Give me credit for a little finesse, all right?"
Author: Steven Brust
Quotes About Finesse Pictures