Famous Quotes About Firefly
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Firefly.
Top Quotes About Firefly
1. "It's a rare type of synchronous firefly that lives in a few places around the world. Scientists from Tennessee used to travel to Asia to study them until they realized we had them right here! Nowadays in June, tens of thousands of people come from all over the world to see the show."
Author: Carolyn Jourdan
2. "I'm a huge geek, so I love 'Stargate' and 'Firefly.'"
Author: Cassie Steele
3. "The Firefly universe was anchored in a sector adjacent to the Star Wars galaxy, with a detailed re-creation of the Star Trek universe in the sector adjacent to that."
Author: Ernest Cline
4. "You could write your way into happiness. It might not be the happiness you'd experience if Eldric pushed Leanne from a cliff, but there's a firefly glimmer in writing something that would please Rose."
Author: Franny Billingsley
5. "Tell me a story,' demanded Fireflyer.'Why? Do you eat them, too, then?''Only the ohs and ayes and ees and oos. The Kays are too spikey and the zeds are too buzzzy and the ones with the dots get stuck in your teeth and the esses sometimes slide down inside your vest and tickle."
Author: Geraldine McCaughrean
6. "Long after the firefly had disappeared, the trail of its light remained inside me, its pale, faint glow hovering on and on in the thick darkness behind my eyelids like a lost soul.More than once I tried stretching my hand out in the dark. My fingers touched nothing. The faint glow remained, just beyond my grasp."
Author: Haruki Murakami
7. "They're terrified of us Firefly, all of them are.""Well, good," I replied, forming a tiny ball of flames in my fingertips, which were curled round the handle on the back of the bike. "They should be."
Author: Heather James
8. "Joke:What did the little firefly say to his friends when they played hide-and-seek?"Ready or not, here I glow!"
Author: Heather Wolf
9. "I make mistakes, but I am on the side of Good," the Golux said, "by accident and happenchance. I had high hopes of being Evil when I was two, but in my youth I came upon a firefly burning in a spider's web. I saved the victim's life.""The firefly's ?" said the minstrel."The spider's. The blinking arsonist had set the web on fire."
Author: James Thurber
10. "The firefly only shines when on the wing, So it is with us--when we stop, we darken."
Author: Jan Karon
11. "This presents a serious question." They both looked at me. "What's that?" asked Lena. "Whether to start you off with a Doctor Who marathon or dive straight into Firefly."
Author: Jim C. Hines
12. "If we ruled the world, I guarantee you they never would have cancelled Firefly"
Author: Jim C. Hines
13. "The man-nurse was his age and had sleepy eyes with dark circles under them, and a jutting Cro-Magnon forehead. His name tag said, improbably, BIBLO. He had a spaceship tattooed on one hairy forearm: Serenity from the TV show Firefly."'I am a leaf on the wind,'" Lou said, and the man-nurse said, "Dude, don't say that. I don't want to start crying on the job."
Author: Joe Hill
14. "When you're telling a story, you're trying to connect to people in a particular way … The way in which you guys have inhabited this world, this universe, has made you part of it, part of the story. You are living in Firefly. When I see you guys, I don't think the show is off the air. I don't think there's a show; I think that's what the world is like. … The story is our lives."
Author: Joss Whedon
15. "Shall the nightingale offend the stillness of the night, or the firefly the stars? And shall your flame or your smoke burden the wind?"
Author: Kahlil Gibran
16. "Light as feathers the witches fly,The horn of the moon is plain to see;By a firefly under a jonquil flowerA goblin toasts a bumble-bee."
Author: Katherine Mansfield
17. "I am but a firefly caught in his jar and when he looks at me, I can't help but glow."
Author: Kellie Elmore
18. "Mother Firefly is the kind of character I've always wanted to play. She's larger than life, terribly tragic, and capable of a lot of love."
Author: Leslie Easterbrook
19. "The firefly is an unassuming insect in the daytime. If you didn't know what it was, you'd think it was nothing special. But at night, the firefly glows with its own light source. The darkness brings out its most beautiful gift." He smiled at Lucy's rapt expression. "That's an extraordinary talent for an ordinary-looking creature, isn't it?"
Author: Lisa Kleypas
20. "Talent is a firefly; even in a remote dark forest, sooner or later it is caught to an eye."
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
21. "I walk in the direction she tells me. I feel my pores opening, sweat and heat radiating out of my body. A firefly dances in the distance, leaving tracers, and if I turn my head from side to side, I see long yellow-green streaks that cut through my vision and burn in front of my retinas even after the light that sparked them has gone.I emerge from the mango grove into a field. In the distance unseen trucks pass with a sound like the ocean licking the sand. A tracery of darkness curls into a starry sky, a solitary pipal tree making itself known by an absence of light, like a flame caught in a photographer's negative, frozen, calling me."
Author: Mohsin Hamid
22. "I tell you, 'Firefly'? Best job I ever had. Heartbroken when it was canceled, but had it not been canceled, I never would have gotten 'Serenity'. I think 'Serenity' is the most incredible thing I've ever been able to actually get my hands on and do. I can't even tell you how much love I have for that project."
Author: Nathan Fillion
23. "I will become a firefly and even in the day my glow will be seen in spite of the sun. Let others be as butterflies who preen their wings yet depend on the charity of a flower for life."
Author: Og Mandino
24. "Girl, we need to get you on a study program, fast. You're not going to last a week around here if you can't keep up with the pop culture references. How about Lord of the Rings? Firefly? Doctor Horrible? No? Clearly we have a lot of work to do."
Author: Rachel Caine
25. "Suddenly it occurred to me that maybe the Itineris didn't suck as much as I'd thought. Something had scared this werewolf, and there were only a few things I could think of that could do that. Scary Irish Prodigium hunters? Way up on that list."Elodie-" I started to say, but before I got anything else out, she winked out like a bitchy firefly.The werewolf and I were plunged into darkness. I cursed, and the werewolf made a growl that sounded like the same word. For a few moments, just long enough to make me think that maybe I'd been wrong, the woods were quiet and still.And then everything erupted at once."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
26. "...Until they stood at last by a crumbling wall, looking up and up and still farther up at the great tombyard top of the old house. For that's what it seemed. The high mountain peak of the mansion was littered with what looked like black bones or iron rods, and enough chimneys to choke out smoke signals from three dozen fires on sooty hearths hidden far below in dim bowels of this monster place. With so many chimneys, the roof seemed a vast cemetery, each chimney signifying the burial place of some old god of fire or enchantress of steam, smoke, and firefly spark. even as they watched, a kind of bleak exhalation of soot breathed up out of some four dozen flues, darkening the sky still more, and putting out some few stars."
Author: Ray Bradbury
27. "Bright Idea #91: When the weather's bad and your lights go out, have a pajama party. Eat till you feel sick, hula-hoop, paint your faces. Catch fireflies, and dance naked in the rain. If you do, then your bare butt will light up like a firefly after it's been let out of a jar."
Author: Sandra Kring
28. "After doing 'Firefly' and moving on, I always wanted to be part of a series again. I love doing films, too, but there's just something special about being part of the team and feeling like you're actually a part of the family, and I always look to re-create that."
Author: Summer Glau
29. "I worked on 'Sarah Connor' even longer than 'Firefly.' And I always remembered how generous everyone was to me when I didn't know what to do, and I didn't know the rules, and I didn't know camera angles, and I didn't know lighting."
Author: Summer Glau
Quotes About Firefly Pictures