Famous Quotes About Fluff
Browse 150 famous quotes and sayings about Fluff.
Top Quotes About Fluff
1. "Use that fluff of yours you call a brain."
Author: Agatha Christie
2. "[My parents] were right in the way, in the middle of the hall, as I was leaping from room to room with a plastic leopard. Excuse me, I said.He breathed in her hair, the sweet-smelling thickness of it. My father usually agreed with her requests, because stamped in his two-footed stance and jaw was the word Provider, and he loved her the way a bird-watcher's heart leaps when he hears the call of the roseate spoonbill, a fluffy pink wader, calling its lilting coo-coo from the mangroves. Check, says the bird-watcher. Sure said my father, tapping a handful of mail against her back.Rah, said the leopard, heading back to its lair."
Author: Aimee Bender
3. "She hates that word. Nice is what you call ice cream, or a paper doily, or fluffy bunny rabbit print pattern."
Author: Alex Scarrow
4. "Well, I always say that the two things I was most disastrous at in my life, being a teenager and being a wife, were the two things I really wound up cashing in on when I was writing fluffy magazine pieces."
Author: Ann Patchett
5. "Weren't we all the same as children?" eiko asked. "all of us, destined to become beautiful brides in fluffy white dresses!" she giggled to herself. "where did we go wrong?"isn't that what keeps life interesting?" i replied. "and who knows? next year you could be somebody's wife. no one knows what will happen."sometimes i think it would be wonderful just to stay the way i am forever, just kick back and space out during the afternoon thinking about all the exciting things that the night will bring, all the naughty things i might take part in." she snickered again.well," i said, "aren't you the happy one."she squinted her tiny nose and laughed.dawn was breaking as we said good-bye. i saw her off by watching her small body disappear into the background, her high heels clapping along, echoing in the early morning city.my drunkenness, the sunrise, the bright sky, and a friend who was leaving.if i had died in my fall i would have missed that morning - that splendid sunrise over tokyo."
Author: Banana Yoshimoto
6. "Angels don't exist.Flawless skin, perfect hair, flowing white robes, all topped off with an adorable set of fluffy pink wings. Yeah. If you see that wandering around, you've probably stumbled onto the set of a Victoria's Secret catalog shoot. Prepare to get your butt kicked by security."
Author: Cecily White
7. "And it was kind of romantic thinking of him as my protector. I liked that. He was like a security blanket... only less fluffy."
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
8. "Dorothy's coming up. I think she's tight.""That's great." I picked up my bathrobe. "I was afraid I was going to have to get some sleep."She was bending over looking for her slippers. "Don't be such an old fluff. You can sleep all day." She found her slippers and stood up in them. "Is she really as afraid of her mother as she says?""If she's got any sense. Mimi's poison."Nora screwed up her dark eyes at me and asked slowly: "What are you holding out on me?""Oh, dear," I said, " I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell you. Dorothy is really my daughter. I didn't know what I was doing, Nora. It was spring in Venice and I was so young and there was a moon over the...""Be funny. Don't you want something to eat?"
Author: Dashiell Hammett
9. "Overhead, a fluff of a cloud was framed with pure golden light from the sun that was hidden from her view. Awed by the sight, she studied the dark nooks and crannies in the body of the cloud within the frame and smiled. Like the cloud, her life was filled with troubles and doubt, as well as joy. At times like this, she needed to remember that God was always behind her, surrounding her with the light of His love, even though she could not see He was there."
Author: Delia Parr
10. "The Guardian's Wildchild: Lorna tossed used linen onto the floor and snapped fresh sheets into place on the bed. She fluffed pillows into submission so they sat only as her big hands demanded. Lorna turned around and saw Sam standing in the main infirmary. She hustled into the main room and snapped to attention in front of him. "You caught me working again." She feigned worry. "Damn!"
Author: Feather Stone
11. "Belief demands that you dispense with illusion after illusion, while contemporary common sense requires continual, fluffy pretending - pretending that might as well be systematic, it's so thoroughly incentivised by our culture."
Author: Francis Spufford
12. "Of course." She fluffed her hair. "Idon't want to brag, but I'm very highmaintenance.""Uh, I think low maintenance is what'sdesirable.""Low maintenance is what'sforgettable. You might want to write thatdown, underline it, circle it and put a starby it. It's golden." With barely a breath,she added, "Now let's find out if we'recompatible, shall we?"
Author: Gena Showalter
13. "Yes, Uncle Ryan! You said you wanted me to make you an uncle. Poof! You're an uncle of a fluffy puppy." - Lilianna Gregor"
Author: H.R. Willaston
14. "I tell you, that dragon's the most horrible animal I've ever met, but the way Hagrid goes on about it, you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit."
Author: J.K. Rowling
15. "Like a kite, carried by the wind, he followed her into the fluffy white clouds of her imagination. He didn't think her silly for living in the sky, but rather, he marveled at the wondrous life she had created on the outskirts of reality. He knew her love would elevate him to new emotional heights."
Author: Jaeda DeWalt
16. "I think the most heavenly food is fluffy white clouds."
Author: Jarod Kintz
17. "I know I might look like a ball of fluff," she said, "but I'm not. Not even close. And the fact that I get up each morning and put a damn smile on my face is the same as... Batman putting on his cape.""I--""I'm not done. It's... protection. It's my shield. It's me waving my middle finger to the world because I choose to be happy. The bottom line, Luke, is that I know what matters and what doesn't."
Author: Jill Shalvis
18. "The long matrimonial haul was accomplished in cycles. One cycle of bad breath, one cycle of renewed desire, a third cycle of breakdown and small avoidances, still another of plays and dinners that spurred a conversation between them late at night that reminded her of their like minds and the pleasure they took in each other's talk. And then back to hating him for not taking out the garbage on Wednesday. That was the struggle. Sickness and death, caretaking, the martyrdom of matrimony--that was fluff stuff. When the vows kick in, you don't even blink. You just do. She had to be up for it."
Author: Joshua Ferris
19. "Overcoming panic attacks has left me humbled. It's taught me how to be brave. It's left me compassionate to the fears and sufferings of other people. It's given me the wisdom that my thoughts and feelings are simply subjective responses, and don't need to be taken as true reflections of reality.But the most important thing I've learnt from coping with panic is this: No matter what happens in life, no matter how hard things seem, no matter how painful things are, moments always pass like fluffy clouds in a blue sky, and I will be fine."
Author: Julie Farrell
20. "If she did have to describe the kind of person who hunted vampires though, she was certain of one thing. It wouldn't be the kind of person who wore pink fluffy slippers at night and fell asleep in front of the television"
Author: Kailin Gow
21. "Like sheep, sidhe-seers herd by nature, until you *want* them to go somewhere. Then they're all fluffy bottoms and broken."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
22. "Ah." Ax nodded. "She does not understand how menacing we are." He tapped her on the shoulder. "You do not know me," he said, "but I am a juvenile delinquent. I do not trust authority figures, I probably will not graduate from high school, and statistics say my present rowdiness and vandalism will likely lead to more serious crimes. I am a dangerous fellow and I am causing mayhem in this store." He reached behind her and pulled three jars of baby food from the top shelf. Shoved them behind a box of macaroni. Shuffled the Chess Whizzed in front of the Marshmallow Fluff. Tossed a bag of lady's shavers onto a bag of hamburger buns. "There. I have now shamelessly destroyed the symmetry of this shelf, undoing hours of labor by underpaid store employees. If you could see me, you would be frightened." "If she could see you, she'd have you committed," Marco muttered."
Author: Katherine Applegate
23. "Come to us and quackle and quank. Relieve us of our stirrings With your fangs so sharp and bright Take this blood that's always purring. Through our hollow bones it flows To each feather and downy fluff. Quell the terrible, horrid urge that so often prinkles us, Still our dreams, make slow our thoughts Let tranquillity flood our veins. Come to us and drink your fill So we might end our pains. - The Owls at St. Aegolius calling to the bats"
Author: Kathryn Lasky
24. "A knife!" I yelled, still brandishing my pillow. "Jim, I command you to get me a gelding knife. If this guywants to be a stallion—"He dissolved in a flurry of white smoke even before I could finish the sentence.Ha! Victorious again!"Yeah," Jim drawled while I remade the bed and fluffed up my pillows. "Aisling, two; sexy, naked menwho just want to give her the pleasure of a lifetime with no commitment, zero."
Author: Katie MacAlister
25. "I envy my dad and his faith. I envy all people who have someone to beseech, who know where they're going, who sleep under the fluffy white comforter of belief."
Author: Kelly Corrigan
26. "My eyes widened at the ball of orange fluff squeezing out from under the counter, blinking and stretching. I looked again, not believing. "It's a cat," I said, winning the Pulitzer prize for incredible intellect."
Author: Kim Harrison
27. "How could filling in a bunch of blanks and writing a fluffy essay about the 'moment of significance' in my life let them know if I was good enough to go here?"
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
28. "Eddie's ma, that would be Mrs. Callahan, her husband got killed last winter over at the Feelin' Good Cookie Factory. They had an open casket at the funeral so you could see dead Mr. Callahan, who hadn't looked that great in life and looked even worse in death. Especially after that cookie press got to him. But Mr. Becker from Becker Funeral Homes had done a nice job fluffing Mr. Callahan's face back out again so he ended up looking like one of those waxy mannequins that you pay a dime to see up at the Wisconsin state Fair."
Author: Lesley Kagen
29. "I was there to get a Ph.D. in English literature. That's not true. I was there to read a lot of books and to discuss them with bright, insightful, book-loving people, an expectation that I pretty quickly learned was about as silly as it could be.Certainly there were other people who loved books, I'm sure there were, but whoever had notified them ahead of time that loving books was not the point, was, in fact, a hopelessly counterproductive and naive approach to the study of literature, neglected to notify me. It turned out that the point was to dissect a book like a fetal pig in biology class or to break its back with a single sentence or to bust it open like a milkweek pod and say, "See? All along it was only fluff," and then scatter it into oblivion with one tiny breath."
Author: Marisa De Los Santos
30. "I notice that you use plain, simple language, short words and brief sentences. That is the way to write English?it is the modern way and the best way. Stick to it; don't let fluff and flowers and verbosity creep in. When you catch an adjective, kill it. No, I don't mean utterly, but kill most of them?then the rest will be valuable. They weaken when they are close together. They give strength when they are wide apart. An adjective habit, or a wordy, diffuse, flowery habit, once fastened upon a person, is as hard to get rid of as any other vice."
Author: Mark Twain
31. "It doesn't seem real," said Linda. "None of this. It's like we're all dreaming or something. Or maybe we really are dead." "Nah," said Patsy, fluffing her bleach-blond curls. "If this was heaven there'd be more naked men."
Author: Michele Bardsley
32. "Why were you watching me change?" I explain. "Uh, 'cause I'm a guy?" He flips the pillow and slaps it, fluffing it. Then he rolls over and closes his eyes again."
Author: Miranda Kenneally
33. "Doris was getting No. 4 ready for a new guest. The floor did not trouble her much, but she spent quite a long time on the taps and the veneered top of the dressing-table. Dusting and polishing she liked—things that showed—but those bits of fluff and dried mud at the bottom of the wardrobe she just pushed back into a corner. There was no means of getting them out, anyway, with that ridge at the front. Furniture was always made as inconvenient as possible. Doris was used to that."
Author: Monica Dickens
34. "It's hard to get fluffed up about love anymore. I've lived it. I try to avoid it. If I'm extremely fond of a woman, if I think I might really wind up walking down the aisle again... I go in another direction."
Author: Phil Everly
35. "Wow,Cal," I said, feeling a little bit like myself for the first time since I'd walked into this crazy house. "You will be able to have some awesome slumber parties in here.All of the other girls are gonna be so jealous."Cal shot me a half smile, and I felt some of the weird-ness between us dissipate. "It's not so bad," he said. Then he flopped down on the bed, only to sink out of sight in the middle of it. As Cal drowned in a sea of fluffy coverlets and throw pillows, I couldn't help but crack up.Lara looked offended. "That bed originally belonged to the third Duke of Cornwall.""It's great," Cal said, his voice muffled. He gave her the thumbs-up, which only made me and Jenna laugh harder."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
36. "I've come up in the scripted world, and I have wished there were more time slots for us to tell compelling scripted stories and not fill the airwaves with a lot of fluff and tabloid entertainment."
Author: Ralph Macchio
37. "I placed some of the DNA on the ends of my fingers and rubbed them together. The stuff was sticky. It began to dissolve on my skin. 'It's melting -- like cotton candy.' 'Sure. That's the sugar in the DNA,' Smith said. 'Would it taste sweet?' 'No. DNA is an acid, and it's got salts in it. Actually, I've never tasted it.' Later, I got some dried calf DNA. I placed a bit of the fluff on my tongue. It melted into a gluey ooze that stuck to the roof of my mouth in a blob. The blob felt slippery on my tongue, and the taste of pure DNA appeared. It had a soft taste, unsweet, rather bland, with a touch of acid and a hint of salt. Perhaps like the earth's primordial sea. It faded away.Page 67, in Richard Preston's biographical essay on Craig Venter, "The Genome Warrior" (originally published in The New Yorker in 2000)."
Author: Richard Preston's
38. "People often say "Just look for the silver lining." But what do you say to the person surrounded by fog? They don't see a fluffy object in the sky, blocking the sun for a moment or two. But instead, they see everything as it was before, but through the murky, un-clarity of hopelessness. As if they were standing at the bottom of a grimy lake except able to breathe. But not wanting to because with each breath they grow numb from the cold loneliness. What if they're surrounded by a dreary blanket of darkness, made up of their own thoughts, too impenetrable for any light to break through? So what do you tell that person who, as far as the eye could see, only sees fog? A place where there is no silver lining peeking around the corner. Imagine a place where your only companion is the confusion you walk around with."
Author: Sadie Turner
39. "If you were only one inch tall, you'd ride a worm to school.The teardrop of a crying ant would be your swimming pool.A crumb of cake would be a feastAnd last you seven days at least,A flea would be a frightening beastIf you were one inch tall.If you were only one inch tall, you'd walk beneath the door,And it would take about a month to get down to the store.A bit of fluff would be your bed,You'd swing upon a spider's thread,And wear a thimble on your headIf you were one inch tall.You'd surf across the kitchen sink upon a stick of gum.You couldn't hug your mama, you'd just have to hug her thumb.You'd run from people's feet in fright,To move a pen would take all night,(This poem took fourteen years to write--'Cause I'm just one inch tall)."
Author: Shel Silverstein
40. "What do you want exactly? (Fang)An end to the mistreatment of small, fluffy dust bunnies. (Thorn)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
41. "I want my fluff-fluff! (Bob)Fluff-fluff… (Zarek looked panicked.) (Zarek)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
42. "Her hand reached up and took a strand of his hair between her fingers. "Simple as that."She gently pulled on that curl and let it go. "It's so springy."They'd barely grazed at the truth, but I she was satisfied—and distracted. By his hair, of all things."I feel like a sheep that has been overlooked during spring shearing," he murmured."Yes, adorably fluffy."Another time he might have protested the use of that adjective. But now he was all too relieved. "Would you like me to pull my chair closer, so you may fondle my hair with greater ease?" he asked.She beamed at him. "Why, yes, I'd like exactly that."
Author: Sherry Thomas
43. "The wind crooned softly as it dusted the snow against the windows, wrapping them in a thick and fluffy cotton blanket."
Author: Soheir Khashoggi
44. "The Seeker's host body was named Lacey; a dainty, soft, feminine name. Lacey. As inappropriate as the size, in my opinion. Like naming a pit bull Fluffy."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
45. "The culture used to move relatively slowly, so you could take aim. Now it moves so fast, and is so fluffy and meaningless, you feel like an idiot even complaining about it."
Author: Susan Faludi
46. "I thought unicorns were more . . . Fluffy."
Author: Terry Pratchett
47. "Today you are encouraged to take action. Thinking and doing are two very different things. Success never comes to look for you while you wait around thinking about it. You are what you do, not what you say you'll do. Knowledge is basically useless without action. Good things don't come to those who wait; they come to those who work on meaningful goals. Ask yourself what's really important and then have the courage to build your life around your answer. Prune nonessential commitments. Eliminate as much as you possibly can of everything else. No wasted time, no fluff, no regrets. And remember, if you wait until you feel 100% ready to begin, you'll likely be waiting the rest of your life.So challenge yourself to be who you know you are capable of being. Challenge yourself to follow through – to live what you preach, to walk your talk!"
Author: The Angel Affect
48. "My favorite piece of furniture is my bed, cause' it's fluffy and so comfortable!"
Author: Vivica A. Fox
49. "Old Azureus's manner of welcoming people was a silent rhapsody. Ecstatically beaming, slowly, tenderly, he would take your hand between his soft palms, hold it thus as if it were a long sought treasure or a sparrow all fluff and heart, in moist silence, peering at you the while with his beaming wrinkles rather than with his eyes, and then, very slowly, the silvery smile would start to dissolve, the tender old hands would gradually release their hold, a blank expression replace the fervent light of his pale fragile face, and he would leave you as if he had made a mistake, as if after all you were not the loved one - the loved one whom, the next moment, he would espy in another corner, and again the smile would dawn, again the hands would enfold the sparrow, again it would all dissolve."
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
50. "To ugly ducklings everywhere,Don't worry about those fluffy yellow morons:They'll never get to be swans"
Author: Zoë Marriott
Quotes About Fluff Pictures